• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

They seem like exactly the type of team you'd want to play in the playoffs IMO, for the reasons you state. They're not consistent and their play isn't sustainable. I'd be happy for the Cs to see them in the first round.

Isaiah is incredible. What was Okafor doing on that last IT drive?

Celts D has to improve. Harden gonna go for 50.

Celtics still feeling themselves from last year. They aren't playing with nearly the defensive effort as last year especially Crowder who talks a good one but isn't bringing it.

Fjordson

Wow, Steph has seemingly regressed big time on defense and the rest of the league got the memo. Teams are really targeting him now with bigger guards.

TTG

Wow, Steph has seemingly regressed big time on defense and the rest of the league got the memo. Teams are really targeting him now with bigger guards.

Turns out healthy knees are necessary for more than just behind the back crossovers.

TTG

Warriors taking out their frustrations on the Suns. They had 60 with 4 minutes left in the half, slowed down, and now they're back on the throttle with 108 at the end of the third. It's been fun.

I don't remember a single game when they started well by the way. They always cede at least 5 points, thanks Zaza.

TSM

Our Celtics

Have done it

Yes they did. In Isaiah we trust. Wish we could trust in anyone else on the team. Horford is slowly earning my trust though.

Eww, just checked the upcoming schedule for the Celts:

Mon, Dec 5 @ Houston
Wed, Dec 7 @ Orlando
Fri, Dec 9 vs Toronto
Sun, Dec 11 @ Oklahoma City
Wed, Dec 14 @ San Antonio

It's going to be a rough ride.

Warriors taking out their frustrations on the Suns. They had 60 with 4 minutes left in the half, slowed down, and now they're back on the throttle with 108 at the end of the third. It's been fun.

I don't remember a single game when they started well by the way. They always cede at least 5 points, thanks Zaza.
You're being generous. There's like 4-5 better defenders for the Warriors than their starting C, whose primary fucking job is defending. They shouldn't even let him go for the tip off, but I think Kerr does it for his confidence. KD should be handling that every game.

TTG

You're being generous. There's like 4-5 better defenders for the Warriors than their starting C, whose primary fucking job is defending. They shouldn't even let him go for the tip off, but I think Kerr does it for his confidence. KD should be handling that every game.

I would say Kerr doesn't want to be cold about benching him, especially with them having the best record, but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Zaza is still starting in the playoffs for kumbaya Kerr.

If they can make McGee work at all that's the answer. Then again, he did try to inbound the ball in for the other team tonight.

Fjordson

I almost forgot about that. Warriors made a free throw and JaVale ran and picked up the ball to inbound it. Eric Bledsoe just kinda pointed like "wtf" lmfao

Bread

Banned
Yes they did. In Isaiah we trust. Wish we could trust in anyone else on the team. Horford is slowly earning my trust though.

Eww, just checked the upcoming schedule for the Celts:

Mon, Dec 5 @ Houston
Wed, Dec 7 @ Orlando
Fri, Dec 9 vs Toronto
Sun, Dec 11 @ Oklahoma City
Wed, Dec 14 @ San Antonio

It's going to be a rough ride.

why wouldn't horford have your trust? his only "problem" has been a concussion which rightfully was taken very seriously. besides the missed time he has been the ultimate team player at the C position.

it's hard for me to overstate his impact on the game, he is just such a mature and smart player. i've always loved his game.

https://youtu.be/36Io-WULdz4
The sooner they start suspending guys for this reckless shit, the better. The fuck is wrong with this guy.

aWWyaEX.gif

TSM

why wouldn't horford have your trust? his only "problem" has been a concussion which rightfully was taken very seriously. besides the missed time he has been the ultimate team player at the C position.

it's hard for me to overstate his impact on the game, he is just such a mature and smart player. i've always loved his game.

It's more that the Celtics haven't really worked out how to fit him into their offense yet. A couple games ago he only had 5 shots for the whole game. It's not really that I don't trust him more than I don't think the Celtics have really figured out their offensive schemes or rotations yet. They seem to be winging it and seeing what works night to night. Isaiah doesn't have this problem since he can generate his own offense.

ty_hot

Is it just me or Kevin Durant plays the same way Anderson Silva used to fight?

I dont follow NBA much but whenever it shows up in my feed (some top 10 plays of the week/month) he is always there. The impressive thing is: he is most of the times not scoring, it might be a steal, an assist, a dunk... anything. But it just doesnt matter, whatever he does it seems like he is an adult and the other players are teenagers. He antecipates the movements from others so well, its very impressive. And his reaction after the play also reminds me of Silva. Classy and lethal.

Lets just hope he doesnt end up like the Brazilian.

random25

Look unless something dramatic happen russ got the mvp wrapped up and I think crazy as it sound he might average the triple double

The only legitimate walls preventing Russ to win season MVP are a serious injury to cut his season short (which is less likely to happen) and the Thunder not making it to the playoffs. If OKC manages to be on the top 4 in the West, it's a lock. Lower half of top 8, it's probably debatable, even with a triple double stats. Not making it to the playoffs, the dream is dead.

Clips about to lose 4/5 games, only exception is smashing the Cavs. What a bunch of fuck ups they are. I love it.

WeakBelovedErin.gif

random25 said:
The only legitimate walls preventing Russ to win season MVP are a serious injury to cut his season short (which is less likely to happen) and the Thunder not making it to the playoffs. If OKC manages to be on the top 4 in the West, it's a lock. Lower half of top 8, it's probably debatable, even with a triple double stats. Not making it to the playoffs, the dream is dead.
There's no way he gets it if he makes top 5-8. Harden without the trip dubs is offering similar insane offensive stats but with noticeably better shooting. One of them is going to need to hit top 3 to get it. The only exception the last 2 decades was the GOAT who finished 3rd, and he's the GOAT. You don't award MVPs to losers.

TTG

I'm a bit ambivalent on Westbrook's MVP campaign. On one hand, I don't mind him getting it if they finish with a good record. He's good enough and fun to watch, unlike Harden in the year he finished second. So, it's fine, except he's getting all this attention for grabbing more defensive rebounds than in years past. His shooting and turnovers haven't gotten any better, I wonder how many more wins Westbrook's triple doubleness brings to the Thunder versus what Chris Paul would putting up a less gaudy stat line, my guess is not many.

If Westbrook gets it, it's because Durant has moved out of the way and he's pushing even harder, not this infatuation with a largely superfluous stat by him and the media both. So, I guess I'm not really ambivalent, it's this reverence for the triple double that irks me. Haven't people watched Lebron long enough to know better?

random25

There's no way he gets it if he makes top 5-8. Harden without the trip dubs is offering similar insane offensive stats but with noticeably better shooting. One of them is going to need to hit top 3 to get it. The only exception the last 2 decades was the GOAT who finished 3rd, and he's the GOAT. You don't award MVPs to losers.

I'm not removing any chance if his team is just fifth to eighth, but of course there will always be better choices in MVP in the top 4 teams on each conference, especially top 4 out of 30 teams combined. While triple-double stats are awesome and all, at the end of the days it's all about the wins and who is that player that contributes to that elite team winning. The only reason why I said it is debatable when OKC is top 5-8 in the West is because it's rare to see a triple-double average in NBA, especially to a player of his size and position, if Russ ever manages to keep it up all season, and that rare instance alone may help him with getting the votes. And of course, there's really no question that he's no longer qualified if OKC misses the playoffs.

Clips about to lose 4/5 games, only exception is smashing the Cavs. What a bunch of fuck ups they are. I love it.

WeakBelovedErin.gif

Yup, unless his team somehow cracks 50 wins/top4 seed, in which case maybe, maybe I could see it.

OldMan

Banned
The 98' Bulls were 19-9 by the end of December, some of those games with injuries. Cavs will be fine but still have a lot to prove, if you ask me.

Best regards,

OM

Servbot24

Banned
I'll be rooting for GSW so we can get that Finals trilogy. However if someone beats GSW I want it to be the Spurs. Fuck the Clips

Question, as a returning Kings fan.. what's up with the hate for Matt Barnes? I heard the announcer say he's got a "reputation" a few weeks back, but I didn't get it.

The shit with Fisher was super scumbaggy, and this past weekend he supposedly choked a woman in a night club while DeMarcus Cousins was there (let your franchise player hang out in night clubs with Matt Barnes, brehs).

Top Bottom