• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
On top of that our 25 million dollar man allowing valancunias a career night. Good stuff on display here. "MR. 4th quarter" went hero ball mode and got stuffed over and over again this quarter.

Edit- while bitching and letting them score

Tom Penny

Lollll isaiah showing why he's not a legitimate superstar or even close in this league. Derozan getting freebies this entire run just walking in and popping it over isaiah.

Definitely IT's fault. Val has 23 rebounds the Celtics have 33 total. Also amusing you didn't see Derozan shitting on every single Celtics..75% of his points weren't even on IT.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Uh at least the Nets lost too.

That's cool and all but what will it amount to? We're still watching this paper tiger team with a bunch of flawed players who haven't beat a legitimate team all year. Toronto the team that can't beat legitimate teams, toyed with them down the stretch.

Definitely IT's fault. Val has 23 rebounds the Celtics have 33 total. Also amusing you didn't see Derozan shitting on every single Celtics..75% of his points weren't even on IT.

Edit- oh obviously they ran the same fucking set over and over. They would clear out, he'd easily get to his spot and just pull up. He hit nearly every shot he took from late 3rd quarter on. Isaiah is a flawed player. He can really dazzle with his offense, but when he's not trading buckets it's over.

JVs rebounds are inflated just on poor ass tips over and over. Demar was insane tonight though. Torching everyone. I don't think it's IT's fault though. Who else were you gonna toss the ball too? Horford was just not looking for offense. The only thing you can really blame IT for is that near the end off the game when the raps figured out the timing on his drives with the help he should have pulled it back.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
JVs rebounds are inflated just on poor ass tips over and over. Demar was insane tonight though. Torching everyone. I don't think it's IT's fault though. Who else were you gonna toss the ball too? Horford was just not looking for offense. The only thing you can really blame IT for is that near the end off the game when the raps figured out the timing on his drives with the help he should have pulled it back.

It wasn't his offense demar being "insane" was IT. Honestly play the game over again and demar will do that 9 times out of 10. They exploited him all night.

It wasn't his offense demar being "insane" was IT. Honestly play the game over again and demar will do that 9 times out of 10. They exploited him all night.

Demar was scoring on everyone or getting to the line. He torched Crowder and Kelly in the second half. He was shooting over IT but your defender need to keep Demar off him. IT is under 6 ft, Demar is 6'7", his primary defender is just as much to blame. It's not rocket science that you can't let that switch happen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Demar was scoring on everyone or getting to the line. He torched Crowder and Kelly in the second half. He was shooting over IT but your defender need to keep Demar off him. IT is under 6 ft, Demar is 6'7", his primary defender is just as much to blame. It's not rocket science that you can't let that switch happen.

Watch it back again anytime the celts would score they'd run the same exact set to get demar iso'd and he would walk in for a free basket. On top of that torching crowder this year is a regular occurrence. Not the same guy as last year. Demar is a fine player, but tonight they clearly knew IT couldn't stop shit.

Tom Penny

Watch it back again anytime the celts would score they'd run the same exact set to get demar iso'd and he would walk in for a free basket. On top of that torching crowder this year is a regular occurrence. Not the same guy as last year. Demar is a fine player, but tonight they clearly knew IT couldn't stop shit.

He barely scored on IT compared to the rest of the roster. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

theapg

The design of league pass showing the score on the left while the game is going is so absurdly stupid since the score is ahead of the stream. It ruins the end of close games.

Watch it back again anytime the celts would score they'd run the same exact set to get demar iso'd and he would walk in for a free basket.

I mean iso Demar is pretty much all the raps do on offense (sigh) so I suppose I wasn't really seeing anything that was exposing the Celtics specifically. I also don't think he was really torching IT specifically. I'll watch the replay but it was most of your roster. Even Horford got baited into an and 1.

On top of that torching crowder this year is a regular occurrence. Not the same guy as last year.

I dunno what the fuck happened to him honestly. He is both a mediocre defender now and a terrible shooter.

Demar is a fine player, but tonight they clearly knew IT couldn't stop shit.

It's not really me hyping up demar. It's more me saying it's not IT fault Demar can just shoot over him. You other players need to not let the switch happen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean iso Demar is pretty much all the raps do on offense (sigh) so I suppose I wasn't really seeing anything that was exposing the Celtics specifically. I also don't think he was really torching IT specifically. I'll watch the replay but it was most of your roster. Even Horford got baited into an and 1.

I dunno what the fuck happened to him honestly. He is both a mediocre defender now and a terrible shooter.

It's not really me hyping up demar. It's more me saying it's not IT fault Demar can just shoot over him. You other players need to not let the switch happen.

His plus minus is so high but he is not the same player at all. He doesn't attack as much anymore and he's streaky. It's ITs flaw is what I'm saying they and anytime they ran that set there was nothing he could do. It's something that will always be a problem no matter what with him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HarGod that is all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He barely scored on IT compared to the rest of the roster. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Luckily I have it saved so I can watch the run where they ran the same set 3 or 4 times in a row. Yeah he was scoring on other people who for whatever reason can't defend this year like they could last year, namely crowder, but Kelly was terrible in this game down low.

Tom Penny

Luckily I have it saved so I can watch the run where they ran the same set 3 or 4 times in a row. Yeah he was scoring on other people who for whatever reason can't defend this year like they could last year, namely crowder, but Kelly was terrible in this game down low.

Derozan scores 28 a game on the league running the same shit over and over unless you have never watched the Raptors. Lowry and him take turns..that's basically their entire offense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Derozan scores 28 a game on the league running the same shit over and over unless you have never watched the Raptors. Lowry and him take turns..that's basically their entire offense.

I definitely get that, but you can make it hard on him and this was the easiest points he's likely had in a while.

He scored his season high tonight. That's not a coincidence.

TTG

Hey why are the Warriors losing to one of the worst, oh... McCaw is in the starting line up. Have mercy Kerr, please.

Curry just hit that headshake again.
Q0l3InL.gif

Fatalah

Rose not receiving any punishment, just a slap on the wrist from the Knicks? That's weird, but I guess people can be given a Mulligan when it comes to a family crisis.

He's probably lost the trust of a few staff though.

If Valanciunas played something similar to what he did in the final minutes last night and if DeMarre Carroll wasn't such a bust, this Raptors team would be pretty sweet.

That's cool and all but what will it amount to? We're still watching this paper tiger team with a bunch of flawed players who haven't beat a legitimate team all year. Toronto the team that can't beat legitimate teams, toyed with them down the stretch.

Edit- oh obviously they ran the same fucking set over and over. They would clear out, he'd easily get to his spot and just pull up. He hit nearly every shot he took from late 3rd quarter on. Isaiah is a flawed player. He can really dazzle with his offense, but when he's not trading buckets it's over.
IT is the worst starting PG when it comes to defense, which is really impressive considering Lillard also plays his position.

Brandson

Was at the Raptors/Celtics game last night. Toronto did not deserve to win that game. Demar bailed them out hitting low percentage drive shots, Lowry hit a couple tough 3's late, and JV had some clutch offensive rebounds in the 4th quarter.

Neither team looked like a serious threat to the Cavs. I don't think Toronto needs to trade players, they just need more plays involving more of the team in each play and more passing. I don't study Raptors game film, but I could easily predict what they were about to do on almost every play. There is value in surprising your opponent from time to time. Driving straight at 2-3 defenders every other possession is not a key to post-season success. Casey has them playing hard and disciplined, which is great, so I wouldn't change him, but I would bring on another assistant coach for offence with a more creative playbook. I think that would improve this team a lot.

Servbot24

Banned
Was at the Raptors/Celtics game last night. Toronto did not deserve to win that game. Demar bailed them out hitting low percentage drive shots, Lowry hit a couple tough 3's late, and JV had some clutch offensive rebounds in the 4th quarter.
Those are players on the Raptors team. Whatever they do is what they deserve.

OldMan

Banned
Utah seems legit and I liked how they went full throttle at a composed level every quarter. It looks like the Cavs will get the big 3 together for the All-Star game (hopefully).

Here's past selections
GZnjQ4L.png

Top Bottom