• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Spurs vs Cavs
Spurs need to step up the defense if want to have a chance

Spurs are stepping up now, and Pau being out should mean they're defense should be better inside.

Btw, Kawhi is still ridiculous on defense. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but earlier in the season when advanced stats said Kawhi was hurting his team defensively, everyone was seriously confused, until people started watching film and realizing that opponents flat out took the man who Kawhi was guarding out of all their plays entirely

That's a whole other level of defense...

Spurs vs Cavs
Spurs need to step up the defense if want to have a chance

As a Warriors fan I really want them both to lose.
but seeing how 1 of them has to win, I guess I have to hope for another +1 in the Cav's L box .
I don't want the Spurs creeping up to possibly take home court advantage late in the season, but I I would LOVE if the Cavs came 1 game closer to losing that #1 spot in the East.

Raptors, Celtics and Hawks aren't far behind in the East, and I would love for Lebron to feel the pressure leading up to the Playoffs.

Cavs are 2-3 for their last 5, so here's to hoping the Cavs struggle in the next series of games as well.

Spurs are stepping up now, and Pau being out should mean they're defense should be better inside.

Btw, Kawhi is still ridiculous on defense. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but earlier in the season when advanced stats said Kawhi was hurting his team defensively, everyone was seriously confused, until people started watching film and realizing that opponents flat out took the man who Kawhi was guarding out of all their plays entirely

That's a whole other level of defense...
I don't know about that.. maybe it was early on, but the dude was just legit lazy on several plays in like the first 2-3 months of the season. Not making the monster marking/runs on D I expect outta him in the previous 2 years. Still don't think he's anywhere near the level he was last 2 years, which I guess is expected when you see his responsibility offensively is much higher now.

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Raptors, Celtics and Hawks aren't far behind in the East, and I would love for Lebron to feel the pressure leading up to the Playoffs.

Cavs are 2-3 for their last 5, so here's to hoping the Cavs struggle in the next series of games as well.
what pressure lol? Hawks and Celtics are nowhere near in the same stratosphere as Cavs. Neither are the Raptors, esp since both their leaders are playoff chokers until proven otherwise. Bron gave a hilarious answer to rivalry like a month back when it came to Raptors, to show how little he takes them seriously (aka none). It's about Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and Rockets possibly as the huge outside dark horse.. but they also have the typical DA team that could get stuffed come PS time. (aka the game last night when everything isn't going swimmingly)

what pressure lol?

That's was kinda my point, there is none in the East. All competition is in the West, but if the Cavs can struggle a little, while the Celtics and Raptors maybe make a run, there could be some pressure.

Looking at the upcoming schedule though... Outside of today's game against the Spurs, and maybe OKC next Sunday, struggle is not likely in the near immediate future.

As much as I love Tony Parker, I'm kinda happy he is out tonight. Excited to see what Dejounte Murray does against a more difficult opponent. Dude looks like he has the potential to be a top PG in a few years.

Eos

As much as I love Tony Parker, I'm kinda happy he is out tonight. Excited to see what Dejounte Murray does against a more difficult opponent. Dude looks like he has the potential to be a top PG in a few years.
With Parker and Ginobili mentoring him, his athleticism, and the Spurs coaches, Dejounte is going to be a beast. The line up of Murray, Simmons, Leonard, Aldridge/Bertans, and Dedmon will be amazing.

phanphare

Banned
thanks to whoever brought up mkg after that celtics game

this is 3 games in a row now where he's passed the eye test. finished with a solid double double tonight and his intensity level has been good these past 3 games.

Would you guys would have picked Muiday?

I think Porzingis is the guy with the most value at that pick. He and Embiid have enough range with their shot that I think they could have played together.

And of course Dejounte Murray is looking like the perfect Spurs kind of player. I was hoping he would fall to the Lakers where we took Zubac.

76ers were 10-72 last season. They're 15-26 atm with EmGOAT leading them. Once Simmons is back, this team might start to turn into a potential .500 team, though most likely for next season. That's an incredible, steep improvement in just one year.

Playoffs could be a definite possibility next season for them.

I really hope The sixers trust the process and don't activate Simmons. Activating him is will turn them into a playoff team this year. The Sixers are a Lonzo Ball away from being great.

I think Porzingis is the guy with the most value at that pick. He and Embiid have enough range with their shot that I think they could have played together.

And of course Dejounte Murray is looking like the perfect Spurs kind of player. I was hoping he would fall to the Lakers where we took Zubac.

Porzingis at Power Forward, Ben Simmons at Small Forward.

My god.

Dekker with 30 in a win rockets needed after going 2-4, with the grizzlies helping derail both previous win streaks

Also, harden had 29 with 9 shots

The constant pop LeBron back and forth has started to get a little too much. Can't tell which one is recruiting which, they should just get a room

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nets got the win yesterday, but luckily lost today and somehow both the suns and the heat win, bringing the cushion back to 5 :)

TTG

Admittedly small sample, I haven't seen the Spurs play much this year, but Aldridge looks much improved in passing and rebounding. And why not? he's huge and has great touch. And where did they get that rookie at point?

Eos

Admittedly small sample, I haven't seen the Spurs play much this year, but Aldridge looks much improved in passing and rebounding. And why not? he's huge and has great touch. And where did they get that rookie at point?
29th pick of the 2016 draft

I've been thinking about something, how likely is that the Magic decide to trade Serge Ibaka at some point? Pretty unlikely I guess but goddamn that team is going nowhere fast and the Celtics really need to upgrade from Amir.

gutshot

I really hope The sixers trust the process and don't activate Simmons. Activating him is will turn them into a playoff team this year. The Sixers are a Lonzo Ball away from being great.

Don't forget they have the Kings pick swap and a top-3 protected Lakers pick. Even if they make the playoffs, it's highly likely they could have two top-10 picks.

Sup guys

OUIj46J.png

Top Bottom