• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

WB not making it on 30/10/10 season is probably as indicative of the fact that he plays in a small market than anything else

I kind of imagine thats the difference between Harden's popularity and Westbrook's
411fb368efcc01505b49a2cbcb14785c_XL.jpg

love this

WB not making it on 30/10/10 season is probably as indicative of the fact that he plays in a small market than anything else

I kind of imagine thats the difference between Harden's popularity and Westbrook's

love this
The diference is Rockets are 3rd, and OKC are 7th.

Curry and Harden starting in the backcourt for the Western conference all-stars.

It's been all downhill for Westbrook ever since he laughed at Wardell in that one press conference last year.

RIjDtWf.gif
AYEEEE lmao

It's indicative of how talent rich the league is right now. Steph Curry averaging 24/6/4 on 46% FG (40% from three) in a supposed "down" year for a team on pace for 70 wins making the all star team means someone else got "robbed".

TTG

They just showed the vote break down on TNT. Westbrook would have been a starter based on only the media and players vote, but Curry was more popular with fans.

Zaza would have been a starter if it was only based on fan vote.

nN1dzoQ.jpg

For people like myself who missed it.

EDIT: Way to fan up, Boston.

Fjordson

Players complain about media being "biased" but they're kinda doing the same thing with some of their bad picks. Like I get that Draymond and CP3 are obnoxious if they aren't on your team, but they were ridiculously low on the player ballot.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Fan votes---Frontcourt
Zaza Pachulia at #2 with 1,528,941 votes. Thats like 1/3 of the population in Georgia voting for him. :p

So if I had to predict All-Star reserves, I'd probably go:

East:
Front Court: Kevin Love, Paul George, Joel Embiid
Back Court: Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry

West:
Front Court: Draymond Green, Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins
Back Court: Russel Westbrook, Klay Thompson*

*I'd personally pick Damian Lillard over Thompson, but I'm expecting Lillard to get snubbed here.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So if I had to predict All-Star reserves, I'd probably go:

East:
Back Court: Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry

West:
Front Court: Draymond Green, Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins
Back Court: Russel Westbrook, Klay Thompson*

*I'd personally pick Damian Lillard over Thompson, but I'm expecting Lillard to get snubbed here.

You get 7 reserves.

Misterhbk

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ever since this moment things have gone downhill for Russell Westbrook at the hands of Stephen Curry.

- Russ laughs at Steph
- Steph comes back from 3-1 to beat Russ
- Kevin Durant chooses to play with Steph over Russ
- Steph (and his team) destroy Westbrook twice
- Steph takes Russ starting spot in the all star game

Maybe you shouldn't have laughed Russ? 👀☕️🐸

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Damn, this Dejounte Murray kid can play....I wouldn't be surprise if Pop gonna rest Parker more and let him start more.

You get 7 reserves.

Ok, let me fix that then

East:
Back Court: Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, John Wall, Kemba Walker

West:
Front Court: Draymond Green, Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gobert
Back Court: Russel Westbrook, Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard

Wait, so is he at least an All-Star this year? Confused.

Basically for the All-Star Game you get Starters and Reserves. Starters are chosen via popularity vote and the reserves are chosen by the actual coaches of the teams.

Westbrook is going to be a Reserve, that's not even a question. People were just shocked that he didn't get voted in as a starter because he's a Triple Double Maschin, but there was never a way he was going to be voted in over Curry.

Lakers gonna get that 7-8th spot.. when Larry nance jr gets back on the frontline with ZuPac..2 of Zumericas most wanted gonna get the Lakers a 10 game + win streak just you mutha fuckas watch..

It should be a good game to watch but it is still just going to be one regular season NBA game...it'll be a bit premature to draw conclusions based on the results.
Well Warriors will be woken up this time unlike last game, so I do think it might show a few things. If they still lose, I can see Rockets causing GSW some trouble in the playoffs unlike the usual DA-led teams once PS starts

Guess we will see what Houston is really made of tonight.

I know I'm already making excuses, but Ryan Anderson is out with the flu for this game iirc, and this is the 3rd game in our 4 out of 5 and the first in a back 2 back against the grizzlies. Capela is also just starting to get back, but Harrell played most of the game agaibst the dubs anyways

On the other hand, the warriors are coming to town and there was flooding in Houston. That's been a guaranteed sign of a rockets win for a few years now

Eos

Damn, this Dejounte Murray kid can play....I wouldn't be surprise if Pop gonna rest Parker more and let him start more.

I wish but he'll probably bring back Tony once he recovers. I just hope during playoff time that Pop gives more time to Dejounte and Bertans but you know he will always ride out with his older players come playoff time, which hasn't really been working in the last 2 post-seasons.

Top Bottom