• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the warriors

thoroughly enjoyed that wreckage. Was not expecting Simmons to have such a huge night. The warriors bench was just awful.

B.O.O.M

The announcers grew on me too. You could tell they were finding their legs, especially early on when Lamar Hurd said something to the effect of "he moves around screens like a snail... or a snake... one of those things!" But they really seemed to click well. I thought I'd miss Mike and Mike more, honestly.

And in our exuberance, we've completely overlooked Ed Davis, who had one of those quiet "lead everyone in +/-" kind of nights. His defensive efforts were about all Portland could muster on that end of the floor, and he was setting killer screens, including that one for Lillard on the dagger three. He always brings the energy, and you need someone like that to get everyone else energized. Solid game for Davis.

Oh yes Easy Ed! Physical ED! The silent hustle

Thank you lakers!

Also just saw the whole Andrew Bogut thing smh

EDIT: HOLY SHIT "This is not to the appreciation of the Brooklyn Nets, do not watch us this year... wait what?"

BWAHAHA

The big Russian guy who played second fiddle to Tristan Thompson signed a 4 year, 64 million dollar deal with the Lakers of Los Angeles.

timofey-mozgov-block-on-kevin-durant.jpg

Worth every penny.

jdstorm

Banned
I think people are baing a bit harsh on portlands defence. I thought they were pretty good. Both teams just played good O and hit some terrible shots.

Qaloon

The one legit takeaway is that the warriors interior D is gonna suck ass big time for a while. You can only rely on a single draymond for so long

Kevtones

The beauty of this is its simplicity. Once a plan gets too complex, everything can go wrong.

Do nothing. Win everything.

You can't rule it out. They've lost their last 4. I'm just saying it's a trend.

Was going to bring this up. They didn't lose 2-in-a-row until the WCF Finals last year and they started this year on a 4-game losing streak. Talk about regression.

Harrison BarnGOAT is the one that got away.

Anyone else kind of feel bad for Javale McGee?

Sitting there doing nothing when they need a rim protector knowing he is the only one they got.

They finally put him in when the game is dead and he gets owned by a summer league player.

PLUS, Shaq tweets at him after the game to destroy him further.

Damn.

trixx

NBA starting off with a bang. holy shit, this season is going to be great. lets go raptors

Why did Simmons dunk on McGhee at the last moment of the game... had me in tears.

Also no highlights on nba.com wtf?

ViciousDS

Banned
Aldridge and Leonard were the only two that played over 30.....while the big 4 had to.....God damn.

Spurs are going to just cruise this year to playoffs. I can easily see Leonard and Aldridge only playing significant minutes against Cleveland and warriors.

Also....that beating was beautiful....what's up Bam! You going to disappear till they win again?

wow that was an unexpected beating. Simmons was spectacular, and the warriors couldn't find an answer for LMA and Kawhi.

Thunder play tonight and I'm excited!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I can feel all of the heat just thinking about it from all of today's sport's talk hot takes on the Spurs Warriors game.

Gonna be glorious to sit back and watch.

Lol KD was fine
Bench was shit, I forgot like everyone got replaced except for Iggy and another guy

That's the price you pay to get KD. Can't have it both ways, son. GSW defense is total shit now. Absolutely no rim protector and rebounder. They will miss Bogut a bunch this season.

Top Bottom