• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think some teams might have worse records this season, but be better overall teams when the playoffs come. I think the Heat could be a sleeper, and by the end of the year be better without Wade despite a worse record.

I think the Warriors won't win as many games, but will be better during the playoffs.

I think my Hawks won't win as many games, but I think the roster as currently constructed has a better chance to not be swept by the Cavs than last year.

I actually think the Spurs might be better this year as well than last. Similar to the Heat moving on from a HoFer might actually be good by the end of the year.

Indians win game 1, Cavs raise the banner, but my biggest smile of the night came from the ESPN Golden Boy Warriors getting smashed and quitting at home.

Jarate

Banned
The Thunder have decided to only play 5'4" white trainers in their first game against Embiid, robbing fans knowledge of how he will look against real NBA talent

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
LeBatard local hour starts with the HEAT anthem.

6eCzRJI.gif

So ready for the season to start tonight!

You should come post in my LeBatard show OT!

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

That's the price you pay to get KD. Can't have it both ways, son. GSW defense is total shit now. Absolutely no rim protector and rebounder. They will miss Bogut a bunch this season.

I know, I said they should have got Biyombo and a random vet to replace max Barnes and keep everyone else
they expect the starting five to throw up 30-40 during the first quarter - 60-70 after the second quarter and coast after that

That ain't happening lol

phanphare

Banned
yeah biyombo would have been the perfect big man for golden state. nice presence inside on defense and can set good screens on offense.

I know, I said they should have got Biyombo and a random vet to replace max Barnes and keep everyone else
they expect the starting five to throw up 30-40 during the first quarter - 60-70 after the second quarter and coast after that

That ain't happening lol

I'll take KD over Biyombo every day of the week and figure out the rest later. Some crazy hot take reactions to the first game of the season. KD has the ability to be an elite defender and even rim protector himself as evidenced by last year's playoffs. I'm think we can give this team more than a game to gel and figure out their best lineups and defensive strategies.

It's going to take time for GS to adapt, just as it took the Heat some time after signing the Big Three. This isn't a video game. GS will be very good this year.

ISOM

It's going to take time for GS to adapt, just as it took the Heat some time after signing the Big Three. This isn't a video game. GS will be very good this year.

They would have been very good without KD as well. With KD they should be astronomically good or something is wrong.

Ronin Ray

I'll take KD over Biyombo every day of the week and figure out the rest later. Some crazy hot take reactions to the first game of the season. KD has the ability to be an elite defender and even rim protector himself as evidenced by last year's playoffs. I'm think we can give this team more than a game to gel and figure out their best lineups and defensive strategies.

How dare you use common sense in this thread we need more crazy hot takes

Bread

Banned
Crazy that everyone was so hyped for the Warriors. That didn't look like a championship team to me. A championship team would never lose by that many points in a game of basketball. They just lost the respect of the league and you can't really come back from that. I feel for the fans, they've been bamboozled. Is there any way they can file a class action law suit against Nike?

It's all down hill from here for the Warriors. That was their best shot at getting a win this season and they completely fucked it up.

Remember when everyone over reacted to the Warriors dumpstering the Clippers in the first PRE-SEASON game?

OldMan

Banned
Spurs didn't miss a beat. Warriors coming out of a terrific pre season should bounce back, and if they don't, fuck it they're the Warriors with a guaranteed spot on the finals come June.

Chase17

I haven't checked out ESPN yet but I'm prepared for at least a couple days of "What's wrong with the Warriors?"

Hope everyone marks down the date as today is the day Jaylen Brown emerges as a new superstar in the league by leading the C's to a win against this fearsome Brookyln squad.

jacobs34

Rewatching the second half of the Trail Blazers and Jazz. Damn, I wish I could have one tenth of the confidence Dame has. The guy has zero fear of the moment. It was also fun watching old man Joe Johnson, light up the scoreboard using moves that I use in my rec league.

Fjordson

So last night wasn't a bad dream =[

Dubs have so much riding on this season and on the Durant addition. Trying not to fret after one game, but...

I haven't checked out ESPN yet but I'm prepared for at least a couple days of "What's wrong with the Warriors?"

Hope everyone marks down the date as today is the day Jaylen Brown emerges as a new superstar in the league by leading the C's to a win against this fearsome Brookyln squad.

if they only win by single digits on friday/lose by any amount, then the "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WARRIORS" articles will commence

right now it'll be like "wow lol that performance is trash hot take spurs take the west" etc etc

Bread

Banned
Warriors fans need to just realize now that they aren't doing it. The Cavs are doing it, Spur is doing it, Warriors are not doing it.

Rewatching the second half of the Trail Blazers and Jazz. Damn, I wish I could have one tenth of the confidence Dame has. The guy has zero fear of the moment. It was also fun watching old man Joe Johnson, light up the scoreboard using moves that I use in my rec league.

Considering the Jazz had some injuries they could cause a lot of upsets this year. They still don't have anyone like Lillard that can just say "Fuck you, i'm not losing tonight" though.

rambis

Banned
Dubs definitely look smaller and worse defensively. I also fell like their offense will suffer/slowdown some now that they have another ball stopper in KD. They'll still smash most the league but they certainly don't seem like world beaters as of yet.

Fjordson

Jazz will be solid once Hayward and Favors are back.

Like I said yesterday, think I'm done with the Warriors and becoming a Jazz fan tbh

Hood and Gobert owned for my fantasy team last night

Top Bottom