• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I didn't catch the Cavs game. What happened? Missing Love that much or piss poor defense?

I didn't catch the Cavs game. What happened? Missing Love that much or piss poor defense?

I could only listen, but it sounds like they got out played and Korver was useless.
Kyrie was more or less held back by good D, and Lebron just couldn't carry the team.

Max Barnes beat Lebron in Points, Rebounds, Free Throws and FG%

Oh, and I think Lebron and Kyrie finally got to rest for the last 4 minutes of the game. It was 102 - 85, then garbage time happened to get the score to 97-104.

scoobs

No kidding. Like, I know Playoff!Lebron is a thing, but father time is catching up with him and I know that's got to be frustrating him.

lol how is father time catching up to LeBron exactly? He's averaging 26/8.5/8 this year, just like every other season. His roster just sucks outside of Kyrie and Love. Its the regular season, LeBron couldn't care any less, he knows he's going to the finals regardless of any of these pointless losses in January.

scoobs

His senility led him to make the front office resign Tristan Thompson

A sad thing, really

The one argument about "aging" lebron I'll agree with is as time goes on, his inability to make the right front office moves for his team is increasingly worrisome. Hopefully when he retires he doesn't go the MJ route and try to run a team, cuz the money he's commanding for these shitty fucking players on his roster is ridiculous.

Bron passed MJ in total minutes today. Bill Simmons posted an article about how Year 14 Bron is basically the same player he's been his entire career, which is sort of amazing.

scoobs

If GSW hadn't lucked out on Curry's contract they'd probably have one less all-star and Cavs would suddenly still be favorites

I'm putting my money on the Cavs to repeat either way. GSW are a buncha choke artists. Adding Durant doesn't fix that problem, he choked consistently and repeatedly w/ the Thunder in the playoffs, and LeBron fucking owns KD in head 2 heads.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm putting my money on the Cavs to repeat either way. GSW are a buncha choke artists. Adding Durant doesn't fix that problem, he choked consistently and repeatedly w/ the Thunder in the playoffs, and LeBron fucking owns KD in head 2 heads.

I still have belief in Curry, he's hit too many crazy clutch shots. Mostly in the regular season, but even so he's really only had two or three mediocre post season series that I remember

Although KD could honestly fuck that up

Gigglepoo

Damn! LeBron ethered Barkley!

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James told ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying.

"All I've done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that."

pislit

JFQAWVB.png

"I collect one paycheck from this," James said of his role with the Cavs. "There's the owner, Griff's (David Griffin) the GM, I'm the player. Screw Charles Barkley."

James put on his baseball cap and offered a parting thought as he prepared to leave the visitor's locker room at the American Airlines Center to head to the airport for a flight back to Cleveland.

"I'm tired of biting my tongue," James said. "There's a new sheriff in town."

well dayum
JRAZtb1.png

TTG

At least link to the story: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18589897/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-throws-gauntlet-charles-barkley-hater

"I went to see Melo at the Garden two years ago when we were in New York," James said. "They played Portland. I went up to a suite at halftime and Phil Jackson didn't say one word to me."

Going back to that beef too, lol

Lebron comes off as slighted and hurt, not to mention awkward. I mean, there's a new sheriff in town, you hit them with that line? Barkley is a dope, but you can't be out here whining about how he isn't castigated for throwing someone through a glass window. Shaq is somewhere giggling through one of his "snitches get stitches Erneh!"

NBA is too fucking savage for me sometimes

Every single player has upped their media game like crazy

His senility led him to make the front office resign Tristan Thompson

A sad thing, really

Dude, what?

Tristan Thompson is overpaid, yes, but he's also useful in the small role he has, and that's killing a select few teams on the boards. He consistently killed the Hawks, will probably kill the Celtics, will probably kill the raptors if Frye or love don't, and consistently kills the warriors on the offensive boards

When these are your biggest threats for the championship, he's not overpaid. Whenever TT plays against these teams in the playoffs, the money seems to have been worth it.

He's also not a liability against small ball lineups that have become more and more popular.

Yes, no other team takes him for that price, but he's not injury prone and the cavs needed him and he helped them win a championship.

TT is a huge reason Cavs beat the Warriors last season though. Dude is one dimensional, but he was huge in series that mattered.

Bron Bron going in is hilarious, curious to see if Barkley laughs it off or attacks him again. Probably should be rooting for the non winning jump shooting team with a ring big guy, they're not as mean as Bron when you give them shit. :D

Dre3001

Barkley: The Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA. How is the owner not spending money?

Lebron: You're a broke hater who gambles.

I'm a pretty consistent Lebron hater but in this case he's 100% right. Fuck Charles Barkley.

On the other hand, not sure bringing up stuff that happened over 20 years ago is a good thing lol.

Tbh, Barkley is stupid af alot of the time, but when he's stupid everyone calls him out on it, and he also admits if he's wrong a decent amount of the time (see him on Harden, or Hinkie).

When Shaq, Kenny, or hell, even Ernie, are wrong (see Shaq on Embiid, or Shaq and Kenny on Harden), they're incredibly stubborn about it. Everyone knows Barkley doesn't watch most games, but Kenny and Shaq aren't much better. Plus, Barkley always has the greatest of the greatest moments for inside the NBA, especially when he rips into a team (for a fair reason).

In any case, Inside the NBA is more entertaining than anything else

TT is a huge reason Cavs beat the Warriors last season though. Dude is one dimensional, but he was huge in series that mattered.

Bron Bron going in is hilarious, curious to see if Barkley laughs it off or attacks him again. Probably should be rooting for the non winning jump shooting team with a ring big guy, they're not as mean as Bron when you give them shit. :D

Yup. Call him overpaid, and maybe he only really matters for that specific matchup, but that signing was worth it for the cavs

gutshot

Sixers playing like Spurs East now. Lots of ball movement, getting everyone involved, etc. Going to be even more fun once Simmons is back.

Simmons%2B2.gif

badb0y

Owns KD, huh? Let me take a look at the numbers in the 2012 finals:

30.6 PPG / 54.8% FG / 39.4% 3P% / 6 REB / 2.2 AST / 1.4 STL / 1.0 BLK

Looks like Durant did his regular self to me. The problem with that team was inexperience and Westbrook/Harden not showing up.

Owns KD, huh? Let me take a look at the numbers in the 2012 finals:

30.6 PPG / 54.8% FG / 39.4% 3P% / 6 REB / 2.2 AST / 1.4 STL / 1.0 BLK

Looks like Durant did his regular self to me. The problem with that team was inexperience and Westbrook/Harden not showing up.

This is the effect of the Skips and Chucks of the world emboldening people to make non sensical proclamations that don't jive with the actual facts.

Line_HTX

Normally I would be perfectly OK with Lebron going in on Charles, but Lebron didn't even criticize the message, just went after him personally like it has anything to do with this team and this season.

Shit like this is why Lebron is so fucking petty and should stop elevating other people's hot takes. Makes him look stupid as fuck. Disrespecting his legacy, man shut the fuck up. Lebitch knows more than anyone else his play on the court will do all the talking more than responding to a hot take.

Fjordson

NBA's best records since January 9th:

Golden State 9-1
Washington 9-2
Miami 8-2
Denver 7-2
MINNESOTA 8-3
Utah 7-3

Weird.

edit: also just saw this stat on twitter. Lebron is playing a lot of minutes.

Games with over 38 minutes played: Steph 3, KD 6 and LeBron 20. Bron has played 40+mins 11 times, Steph/KD combined 3 times.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-kirk-hinrich-mario-chalmers-lance-stephenson

Reinforcements could be on the way for LeBron James and the defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers, who had an underwhelming 7-8 record in January.

Veteran point guards Mario Chalmers and Kirk Hinrich, and wing Lance Stephenson are scheduled to work out for the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources informed ESPN.

Other free-agent prospects are expected to attend the session, sources say. Depending on how well the participants perform, sources with knowledge of the Cavaliers' thinking believe one could be signed prior to the All-Star break.

Cleveland has one roster spot available, but could open up another slot should the team elect to waive center Chris Andersen, who is out for the rest of the year with a knee injury.

James has publicly called for the Cavaliers front office to add a veteran playmaker to the roster.

Always seems like there's so much pageantry to everything the Cavs do. At least in terms of their media coverage. You hear about everything like it's the next chapter in an ongoing drama rather than normal team operations.

Top Bottom