• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Line_HTX

Start of game, tied 4-4 at 10:41, Harden walks off to the corner sideline and falls to the ground kind of holding his right knee.

Fucking Corran Horn jumped up and bumped Harden, SMH.

Owns KD, huh? Let me take a look at the numbers in the 2012 finals:

30.6 PPG / 54.8% FG / 39.4% 3P% / 6 REB / 2.2 AST / 1.4 STL / 1.0 BLK

Looks like Durant did his regular self to me. The problem with that team was inexperience and Westbrook/Harden not showing up.

This is the effect of the Skips and Chucks of the world emboldening people to make non sensical proclamations that don't jive with the actual facts.
Yup, KD and LBJ stats head to head are pretty close to their average with LBJ having a clear advantage in assists while KD is more efficient (shocker). LBJ's team have won more often because -get this- LBJ's teams have been better. Turns out this kind of thing happens when up and coming players (like KD was for most of the time he's played against LBJ) face off against established superstars. If KD stays with GS, I'd look for that W-L record against him to tip more into his favor as LBJ starts to lose his athelticism.

scoobs

Owns KD, huh? Let me take a look at the numbers in the 2012 finals:

30.6 PPG / 54.8% FG / 39.4% 3P% / 6 REB / 2.2 AST / 1.4 STL / 1.0 BLK

Looks like Durant did his regular self to me. The problem with that team was inexperience and Westbrook/Harden not showing up.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/12/26/14081538/lebron-james-kevin-durant-matchup-head-to-head-stats

Its 5 losses now, but you get the picture. KD might still put up his average numbers against LeBron, but he loses the games, which was my point.

Marz

Stats are also not indicative all the time of what actually happens in the game or series either especially in the playoffs in late possessions.

Sure you can shoot 50% from the field but if you go 0-3 in the last 3:00 with a turnover it doesnt really matter...you have to close out in the playoffs and KD hasnt. For example last year against the Warriors. So dont pull up stats like they are the end all to the discussion.

You know I've heard some other people talk about it, and it is weird that lebron goes into chuck so hard.

Yet for years Skip has been "I'M INTO LEBRON'S PSYCHE TELEPATHICALLY READING HIM LIKE PROF X FOR YEARS""LEBRON IS UNRAVELING AT THE SEAMS" and yet he hasn't said shit about.

IMO Skip has always been way more egregious on Lebron than Chuck ever has.

scoobs

You know I've heard some other people talk about it, and it is weird that lebron goes into chuck so hard.

Yet for years Skip has been "I'M INTO LEBRON'S PSYCHE TELEPATHICALLY READING HIM LIKE PROF X FOR YEARS""LEBRON IS UNRAVELING AT THE SEAMS" and yet he hasn't said shit about.

IMO Skip has always been way more egregious on Lebron than Chuck ever has.

Skip has zero credibility in the NBA circles (or anywhere really, nobody cares what that idiot says), whereas Chuck is an NBA legend and has huge influence over the NBA community abroad. Like it or not, Charles Barkley is probably the most powerful media member affiliated w/ the NBA, so I can see why LeBron decided to stick up for himself here.

Ripenen

Skip has zero credibility in the NBA circles (or anywhere really, nobody cares what that idiot says), whereas Chuck is an NBA legend and has huge influence over the NBA community abroad. Like or not, Charles Barkley is probably the most powerful media member affiliated w/ the NBA, so I can see why LeBron decided to stick up for himself here.

I don't think LeBron really cares about Charles' media influence. LeBron has more media presence than Charles does. What bugs LeBron is the fact that he's dealt with the "this generation is soft" comments from the old guard for his whole career.

Imagine you're chasing your heroes your entire life and they are constantly shitting on you. Then eventually you eclipse them and realize they are just bitter old men who will never give you the respect you deserve. LeBron doesn't have anything to prove to guys like Barkley anymore.

Fuck it

If wizards get 2nd or 3rd seed, hell, if they drop to 6th or 7th for non-terrible ends to the season, they're going to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Their biggest issue, depth is far less of a concern in the playoffs.

scoobs

Fuck it

If wizards get 2nd or 3rd seed, hell, if they drop to 6th or 7th for non-terrible ends to the season, they're going to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Their biggest issue, depth is far less of a concern in the playoffs.

The core of Beal, Wall, Morris, Porter, Gortat is really not too shabby, and I really like Oubre as a young guy that might be awesome some day. I don't know if they have enough to win more than maybe one playoff series, but I bet most teams in the NBA would die to have that much talent.

The core of Beal, Wall, Morris, Porter, Gortat is really not too shabby, and I really like Oubre as a young guy that might be awesome some day. I don't know if they have enough to win more than maybe one playoff series, but I bet most teams in the NBA would die to have that much talent.

I'm trying to figure out what happened last season. Beal only started 35 games and played only 55, yeah, Otto Porter was just starting to get it together, apparent the coach was semi-thibs like with their practices ("team was having its best performances in practice"), so I guess with their depth issues that could explain what happened.

In any case, it wasn't too long ago that they were one less John wall injury from beating the Hawks and going to the WCF. They're the only team in the Eastern conference where I can see that they have the stars they need already (IT needs another, 1A option, and Lowry is legit but also 30)

Line_HTX

Finally, the collaboration I've been waiting for, lol

C3jF5FdVYAECE0H.jpg

What kind of shady ass shit went on to get Markell's Fultz to Washington? For the second year in a row the best player in college, and likely number one pick, is on a trash team that won't even make the tournament. Fuckin college basketball man.

cHaotix8

Dallas has been very exciting to watch over the last few games. I'll be going to the game tonight vs the 76ers and Embiid is out. Hopefully Yogi will feast and help Dallas claw their way back up to a playoff contention spot. His impact on both sides of the floor has been astounding. All we need now is for the Pelicans, Wolves and Kings to take a few L's.

Finally, the collaboration I've been waiting for, lol

C3jF5FdVYAECE0H.jpg

That's not Slam Dunk!

Fjordson

What kind of shady ass shit went on to get Markell's Fultz to Washington? For the second year in a row the best player in college, and likely number one pick, is on a trash team that won't even make the tournament. Fuckin college basketball man.
Yeah, it's a little weird. Simmons' godfather is an assistant coach at LSU, so that's the thought of why he went there, but Fultz to Washington? No clue.

Servbot24

Banned

Why would you want the best players all on the same teams every year? College basketball sucks when it's just fucking Duke, Kentucky and Kansas year after year.

Simmons didn't want to do NCAA, he didn't care about it, he played well but he was against that POS organization. So I doubt he cared that much.

What does Joel Embiid have anything to do with Jojo? Lol

Kuroko does not suck. As Bill Walton would say, Kuroko has great fundamental basketball.

;P

Jojo is one of his nicknames. He's called Jojo all the time...

Why would you want the best players all on the same teams every year? College basketball sucks when it's just fucking Duke, Kentucky and Kansas year after year.

I don't really care either way, just interesting the way it worked out that a touted recruit from Maryland ends up all the way in Washington. The cynic in me assumes some shady shit went down because, well, it's college sports. From what I've read though it sounds like Lorenzo Romar was one of the first guys to scout him and show interest before he blew up so he felt loyal.

Cavs interested in Melo but will not give up Love? I just seen the alert come across my phone. I can't believe they are even still entertaining this. Getting Melo doesn't even address any direct concerns.

Cavs interested in Melo but will not give up Love? I just seen the alert come across my phone. I can't believe they are even still entertaining this. Getting Melo doesn't even address any direct concerns.

If they are interested in Melo w/o giving up Love, it means they are interested in Melo without giving up anything of value, which makes sense. If you can get him for nothing why not? That said, I doubt they have anything the Knicks would want. Their roster outside of Bron, Love and Kyrie is straight trash.

I think the Cavs would be much better off with a guy like Lou Williams over Melo. At this point of the season a guy like Melo might throw off how the team operates too much.

Tom Penny

2nd to last or last pick in some years draft is very enticing.

What, ESPN or something?

Trade rumors are mostly bullshit unless someone like WOJ is mentioning them, and even then it can easily just fall apart.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/5riqh2/nba_on_tnt_nba_on_tnt_showing_the_sub_some_love/

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/826917789613092864
NBA on TNT Twitter said:
Who's here for the right reasons? ����(via @NBA_Reddit u/APF429)

The Cavs should turn their Point Guard tryouts into a reality TV show called "The Playmaker"
nbareddit said:
This show would probably be on NBATV and it'd obviously be just a 1 time thing...maybe even make it HBO or Pay-per-view like Wrestling. The premise is very similar to the TV show "The Bachelor" where the Cavs will bring in about 5 or 6 different veteran PGs and they compete for the backup spot as "The Playmaker"
LeBron will obviously be the handing out mini-basketballs as the PGs advance from round to round. Each round, rather than a romantic fairytale date like The Bachelor, will be a shooting drill/endurance test. Just like in The Bachelor, the winner's relationship will be totally genuine and last forever. As I'm sure whatever veteran PG the Cavs sign will have a roster spot for years to come.
The host should be Charles Barkley but I think that ship has sailed, so maybe KG will be willing to help. LeBron is already executive producer of "The Wall" and "Survivor's Remorse" so I'm sure him and his posse can get the show up and running rather quickly.
For the record, I'm on team Mario.

r/nba is a pretty cool place tbh, better than most subreddits by far

EDIT: jfc Bulls locker room has spying from the assistant coaches. WTF is this FO

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/butlers-mistrust-of-the-front-office-runs-deeper-than-a-contract/

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
IT has 16 points next highest is 3 on the Celtics..good stuff. Now up to 20 at half other top player at 6.

Celtics would be a good team if they could beat good teams

Nobody can score tonight. When they go cold, they go ice cold. It's because they have shooters and basically nothing else really good outside of IT when Avery isn't in thefe. Everything else is penetrate and kick out. Horford really isn't great in the post at all and he's getting smoked on the glass. I wish they would try their starting lineup and get jaylen in the post, maybe create some mismatches, but there isn't much designed around him yet.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn al stinks tonight, front rimming ever shot in the post. 3 for 12. Whenever rozier comes in I cringe.

Edit- oh Zeller... Don't shoot ever. Please don't. It's weird a few years back he was money from the elbow. Can't hit shit anymore.

random25

Spo is just a good coach.

Pacers on a 4-game win streak. Woo! PG's 30pt streak has ended but nice to see overall team scoring and great defensive effort.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Spo is just a good coach.

Pacers on a 4-game win streak. Woo! PG's 30pt streak has ended but nice to see overall team scoring and great defensive effort.

Obviously I don't get to watch him much, is he still working his way back to his peak from the break? A few years ago people were saying he was becoming the best 2 way player in the league. Feel like he's cooled a bit.

Tom Penny

Damn al stinks tonight, front rimming ever shot in the post. 3 for 12. Whenever rozier comes in I cringe.

Edit- oh Zeller... Don't shoot ever. Please don't. It's weird a few years back he was money from the elbow. Can't hit shit anymore.

Amir Al 41 minutes 4 rebounds.

Top Bottom