• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

He clearly wasn't. People already forgetting what he was like before the Rockets series.

Yeah and I look at Cavs roster...it's more balanced and deeper than the Warriors, and injuries aside warriors had not improved the interior defense that's sorely needed. Jacking up shots are fine but no one really was rebounding or attacking the basket as much as they should.

^ Pretty much this. Here's the thing...beating really really good teams isn't always going to just look like you outscored them. Sometimes the other team wins because they stopped you.

I think Myers was extremely honest when he discussed Curry's issues:

On Friday, Warriors GM Bob Myers appeared on KNBR 680 with Gary Radnich and Larry Krueger, and was asked if Curry was hurt towards the end of the playoffs.

"I don't know if 'hurt' is the right word. It was probably 'fatigued' or 'drained,' something to that measure more than hurt. Hurt implies he had some part of him that was injured and couldn't play," Myers said. "I do think, for a variety of reasons, he was at a point in the season where he was not at his peak level, nowhere near."

Myers elaborated on why he believes Curry was "fatigued," and was asked if Curry would have sat out games if it had been the regular season rather than the NBA Finals.

"Your minutes go up in the playoffs. The intensity of the game goes up dramatically in the playoffs. If you're used to playing 34 minutes and then playing 40 at a much higher rate, then you had to sit out 2-3 weeks for an injury where you actually were injured and couldn't walk, add it all up in aggregate, and yeah, whatever you want to call it, he could have used, if he was in the regular season, not necessarily in the Finals, during that stretch, you might have limited his minutes or let's get him a night here or there.

"And some of it's mental, That's why you have to tip your hat to LeBron who has been the Finals six years in a row. Curry had played in the USA stuff prior to last season. Then we went to Finals. Then he had the last summer where he didn't really do anything, although he was busy. Then he goes right into this season and he goes the Finals again. I think some of this is mental fatigue. But he's not making any excuses. I'm just speculating. He didn't come up to me in the exit interview and say 'Hey man, I was exhausted. And that's why you like the guy. All he said was 'I need to play better.'"

TLDR is the higher level of competition, all the games played, briefly being out of rhythm from the injury in combination with the increased minutes...he just wasn't his best. To blame injury would be disingenuous and the Warriors brass has been careful not to play the injury card.

Jarate

Banned
fjLX6g8.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
People also forget him after the Rockets destroying the Blazers by himself in overtime and screaming "I'M BACK! I'M BACK!"

After he went 1 for 10 in regulation. His great moments in the playoffs were few and far between.

Anyways I'm not making excuses for him, he needs to perform if he's on the court, just that I'd like to see two of the best play-making guards compete at 100%.

Brinbe

Hitting up the Raps opener tonight. Expecting the W, but this season is most likely gonna be a repeat of last season. Masai gotta make some moves or someone's gotta take a leap, because we're stuck in great-but not a contender territory

Hitting up the Raps opener tonight. Expecting the W, but this season is most likely gonna be a repeat of last season. Masai gotta make some moves or someone's gotta take a leap, because we're stuck in great-but not a contender territory

Not an awful spot to be when Love or Kyrie could be out for the season at any moment

Mr.Sumal

Not having a starting PF will be the raptor''s downfall

Nah, given the reigning champs the current leader is obviously BG.

#TeamKaveLost
Wait a minute, I did it?! Holy shit.
giphy.gif

Things bouta change Pleighbois. Free anime for everyone

Bread/Lebrong: " anime is nothing but wonders"

Lebrong: " What's the difference between anime, wrestling, and comic book shows? Nothing, it's the same"

Trust my process pls

giphy.gif

Lebrong: " What's the difference between anime, wrestling, and comic book shows? Nothing, it's the same"

Trust my process pls

I don't know if I can support this BG..

Mr.Sumal

Okc just cut Mitch Mcgary. If you can get pasg the weed thing he was really good his rookie year

They should take a flyer considering Sullinger's health issues atm but i don't think toronto would waive anyone to clear some roster space. I see BKN or Bulls signing mcgary

Ibaka would have been perfect for the raps

Adams, the fucking man! But he should be watching Slam Dunk. The greatest sports anime/manga of all time. I'm pretty sure a lot of bball players would love that series. Probs a lot of people here as well.

Spurs humiliated the Dubs last night. I'm wondering if Kawhi's offensive game will continue to improve once again this season because if can hit 25PPG, he may have a good shout at MVP. I wasn't considering him all that much before since based on last season, I don't think his impact was big enough. But if he becomes a more deadly offensive player, that's another story.

tumblr_o5auwdVC851v4pf8xo1_r11_500.gif

Fellas, the C's are about to do it.
And I can't even watch the game because I'm in another country like a real asshole.

giphy.gif

Trust my process pls

No nerds allowed in this thread, take this anime garbage to the NFL thread.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hawk's re-up'd Denis Shroeder for 4 years/$70 million. Really good/reasonable deal if he makes a leap.

I'm good with this. With the new salary cap you gotta pay guys more, and he's young, arguably out played Teague in the playoffs last year, and has a high ceiling.

Chase17

Looks like I can't activate league pass right now on my laptop. I'd guess since many are trying to do it all at the same time.

Might miss C's game noooooo.gif

jwhit28

NBA.com app has been horrible

Luckily Sixer's are on national TV tonight

The 76ers and Lakers are both on national TV tonight. That made me think about the 2001 Finals. Kobe is retired, and Shaq and A.I. are in the Hall of Fame. I need to go lie down.

Top Bottom