• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

That Warriors loss to the Kings is what happens when your best player (Durant) only takes 10 shots while your role players (Curry and Thompson) take 20+ shots each.

Surfinn

That Warriors loss to the Kings is what happens when your best player (Durant) only takes 10 shots while your role players (Curry and Thompson) take 20+ shots each.
He was also missing everything. I don't blame them for not forcing him to take shots when it's clearly an off night for him.

You can also take a look at the 45-16 (I think it was) scoring discrepancy between the benches and the 20+ warrior turnovers.

i thought dallas is tanking. is tanking obsolete now?

Heat and Mavs should really be tanking, perfect season for it, but they both have coaches that routinely are too good at their jobs XD.

Honestly, the number of undrafted players on the Mavs makes me think they're trying to make some sort of point

Jarate

Banned
Demarcus Cousins is a good enough player to carry the team on his back and beat elite teams, it's just he desperately needs help

I really want the Sixers to go after him actually to play PF next to Embiid and to guarantee 48 minutes of elite center a night. I don't know what type of offer the Kings would want, we don't really have the role players the kings would mostly be looking for to better fill out their roster so they can try to win more.

Also, can we talk about how shit of a job Porzingis's agent did by blocking the Sixers from viewing him, holding meetings with him, and all the other stuff. I'd imagine that the organization would be much more willing to draft him, and im pretty sure Hinkie probvably wouldve drafted him if he was able to get all the info. KP is stuck in a garbo franchise with little hope in the future due to horrendous roster building, and he couldve been playing opposite of Embiid for maybe the most dominant defensive and possibly offensive front court in the game. I doubt the Sixers get Simmons with KP on the team, but man, that's gonna be the draft that haunts Hinkies tenure.

Demarcus Cousins is a good enough player to carry the team on his back and beat elite teams, it's just he desperately needs help

I really want the Sixers to go after him actually to play PF next to Embiid and to guarantee 48 minutes of elite center a night. I don't know what type of offer the Kings would want, we don't really have the role players the kings would mostly be looking for to better fill out their roster so they can try to win more.

Also, can we talk about how shit of a job Porzingis's agent did by blocking the Sixers from viewing him, holding meetings with him, and all the other stuff. I'd imagine that the organization would be much more willing to draft him, and im pretty sure Hinkie probvably wouldve drafted him if he was able to get all the info. KP is stuck in a garbo franchise with little hope in the future due to horrendous roster building, and he couldve been playing opposite of Embiid for maybe the most dominant defensive and possibly offensive front court in the game. I doubt the Sixers get Simmons with KP on the team, but man, that's gonna be the draft that haunts Hinkies tenure.

I think KP really really loves NYC. Idk, but it seems like, at least so far, he's had a good time with the attention the Knicks always get. Shitty FO, but if you can also say that a player like KP might have had far less attention, perhaps similar to Jokic on the Nuggets, if he wasn't on the knicks

Also, it seems like Boogie is stubborn enough to sign an extension to the Kings. Dude wants to stay in Sacramento.

Jarate

Banned
from a financial perspective, it always makes sense to be in New York. From a ball perspective though, he made a mistake.

Jokic is not getting noticed probably because he was a 2nd rounder who came out of nowhere, while Porzingis was the 4th overall pick in a hyped draft.

Chad Evans Twitter said:

MOREY PLEASE. Harrell, a first, and Brewer for salary matching.

I haven't watched much of Ibaka this year, but I heard he's had a bit of a revival. Only thing that concerns me is if those comments about him having slowed down last year has alot to it.

He'd be perfect. We need a rim-blocker, and while Capela can stop other positions when they drive, he struggles against stronger bigs. He helps our rebounding issues. We can play him at the 4 too, because he can shoot the 3. But at the same time, similar to those lineups where we put Ryno at the 5 to try and make a run shooting 3s, we can put him at the 5, and have 5 possible 3 pt shooters on the court.

He's played with Harden before. Him being able to shoot the 3 (making him a legitimate 4, compared to Harrell, for the Rockets XD), but also play center means we can both account for Nene's rest days and get minutes for all 3 of our centers.

Its our super bowl :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229765852&postcount=1200

??? wrong thread?

I know CP3 is hurt but yikes.

I think someone else here said it, but Clippers are like a team with talent but no scheme, no set identity. Chris Paul is such an efficient, high BBIQ, passing player that when he's on the floor, he makes something of it all, and can organize the team, but without him, it often seems like everyone on that team just does their own thing

Brashnir

Depends on if you actually understand, and contextualize these stats or not. I wouldn't really care too much about advanced stats if you're just getting into it, just know that the +/- that game trackers always have for the box scorers is a reeeaaaalllly iffy way to measure a player's performance sometimes.

That being said, hope you're not one of the people who thinks understanding basketball is watching the game and thinking the eye test is good enough.

I don't think stats are useless, but I think they're a way of contextualizing certain things for someone who already understands the game, rather than a means of understanding in their own right.

I've come across way too many conversations (about basketball and other sports) where someone tries to shoehorn some stat into a conversation without context as if it's some immutable truth, when in reality there are a lot of factors that lead to a player's stats being what they are.

Learn the game and use the stats to contextualize it, rather than the other way around.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Also, it seems like Boogie is stubborn enough to sign an extension to the Kings. Dude wants to stay in Sacramento.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the new CBA, teams that drafted you can resign you for an extra year after your rookie contract is up.

So a max player like Cousins can get a 5 year, $20 Mil a year deal whereas if he walked in free agency he gets a 4 year deal instead.

I have no doubt Boogie would want to play in a bigger market but money is the reason he stays in Sac town.

It's inevitable he leaves one way or another though. It's best for Boogie and the Kings.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the new CBA, teams that drafted you can resign you for an extra year after your rookie contract is up.

So a max player like Cousins can get a 5 year, $20 Mil a year deal whereas if he walked in free agency he gets a 4 year deal instead.

I have no doubt Boogie would want to play in a bigger market but money is the reason he stays in Sac town.

It's inevitable he leaves one way or another though. It's best for Boogie and the Kings.

He could get over 200 million dollar contract with the new CBA...that will be hard to pass up.

TTG

Whatever happens, the NBA champs this year won't be Trump supporters.

I don't follow football so spare me the he mad jokes.

FZZ

Banned
Man how many years til basketball eclipses football and becomes America's rightful number 1 sport

Gonna be number 1 sport in the world a little after that as well

Wizards are going to ECF this year, mark my words. Too much firepower in the 6/7 man rotation for Celtics or raptors.

Celtics-GAF, from what I've seen, jaylen brown seems pretty promising, and what's better is that he seems to understand the game really well, which IMO, is a really good sign for a player not being a complete bust and re of using how they have to improve.

For easily the greatest shooter ever? Alright then.

Right now? It's possible, yeah. I doubt by the end of his career, but for now it's possible

Randomly thinking about a team with Butler at the 2, Kawhi at the 3, and PG at the 4.

God, there wouldn't be a wing that could hope to penetrate that defense...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLZNDjF_Vr/

J.R. Smith said:
Today is one of the greatest days of my life. Today I get to hold my youngest for the first time! GOD is GREAT! #DakotaStrong

If you don't know what this is referring to, about a month ago, J.R Smith's daughter was born 5 months early, weighting 1 pound. She fell right into the minimum age for premature babies to have a chance at surviving

There was an update 3 weeks ago

Honestly, JR's injury was a blessing in disguise. Tough time for Cavs player, given that Channning Frye lost both of his parents within a month of each other

Chase17

I'm not sure yet what is different about SC6, but it's having IT on tonight so I assume it is quality television.
Celtics-GAF, from what I've seen, jaylen brown seems pretty promising, and what's better is that he seems to understand the game really well, which IMO, is a really good sign for a player not being a complete bust and re of using how they have to improve.
Little known tidbit, but he actually took graduate level courses as a freshman. Which explains his tremendous basketball IQ.

I'm not sure yet what is different about SC6, but it's having IT on tonight so I assume it is quality television.

Little known tidbit, but he actually took graduate level courses as a freshman. Which explains his tremendous basketball IQ.

Yeah, he seems really fucking smart. Iirc, he was also the one who did the MLK day speech for the celtics

walouija

Neo Member
I know NOLA wants to pair an offensive big with AD, but giving up a first for Okafor is insanity IMO. The NBA makes no sense.

Top Bottom