• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

we could have a solid 8/9 man rotation once mahinmi returns

though ecf finals? i'd like to believe but this is a washington team afterall

Who are their main competition? Boston and Toronto. Toronto excels due to depth, and has a hole when it comes to rebounding. Celtics also have a rebounding hole, and despite their other great defenders, should ideally be able to expose IT on defense between their 3 starting perimeter players

Bropez might be another option for Pelicans, and if they do go down that route, they probably give Brooklyn a better pick

teepo

Who are their main competition? Boston and Toronto. Toronto excels due to depth, and has a hole when it comes to rebounding. Celtics also have a rebounding hole, and despite their other great defenders, should ideally be able to expose IT on defense between their 3 starting perimeter players

it's just as a washingtonian and die hard wizards fan, i've been conditioned to question any success and it's not helping that somehow our starting 5 have avoided injuries thus far. we're destined to fail, one way or another.

Brashnir

Wizards are going to ECF this year, mark my words. Too much firepower in the 6/7 man rotation for Celtics or raptors.

They really only have 6 players in the rotation who matter. Maybe 7 if Mahinmi comes back and can contribute.

That said, they could certainly make a run to the conference finals if John Wall's recently-discovered fourth-quarter assassin status is reality and not a mirage. They've piled up a lot of wins on a pretty soft schedule of late, so that still remains to be seen.

As a Wiz fan, I'd love to see it though.

They'll probably lose tonight. They're due for a letdown.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

gutshot

Jrue would be perfect PG for the Simmons led Sixers.

He would but what is the advantage of trading for him now as opposed to just signing him in the offseason? Unless they are serious about making a playoff push this season, it doesn't make much sense.

He would but what is the advantage of trading for him now as opposed to just signing him in the offseason? Unless they are serious about making a playoff push this season, it doesn't make much sense.

Exactly I'd be fine not getting him now if they try to sign him in the offseason. No need to make him a pivotal part of a trade this instance if it's a tough sell. Though if they do manage to get him now that would be cool.

Edit: 15 seconds into the game and Okafor's defense already garbage.

TTG

Both sides are suffering bad coaching. I wish I could make some further pronouncement about the Wizards, but that's all so far.

Lowry has surpassed Mo Pete with the most 3 Pointers in Raptors History :)

Lowry and Derozan are truly Raptors Greats. Will the Raptors retire their Numbers with Vince? Hopefully.

Otto Porter 3-3 from FT and 3 pt line, 5-6 for FG

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

Currently the best 3 pt shooter in the NBA, with a ridiculous 0.459 3P%. Currently is having a 53.1/45.9/77.5 season, and his effective FG% has drastically increased each year of his career. Tbf, most of his points are assisted, but he's seriously benefiting from Wall's vision and Beal being seen as the primary off-ball scoring threat.

They really only have 6 players in the rotation who matter. Maybe 7 if Mahinmi comes back and can contribute.

That said, they could certainly make a run to the conference finals if John Wall's recently-discovered fourth-quarter assassin status is reality and not a mirage. They've piled up a lot of wins on a pretty soft schedule of late, so that still remains to be seen.

As a Wiz fan, I'd love to see it though.

They'll probably lose tonight. They're due for a letdown.

6 or 7 man rotation is less than the ideal 8-9 you'd want, but it's entirely serviceable for the playoffs, when starters play more minutes.

Jahlil to Brooklyn possible? Holy shit, Brooklyn guaranteed last place next year as well!

Edit- also like to add I eat crow about the wizards, I also think they have a shot at the ECF aand a tough series against the cavs.

No, Bropez to the Pelicans for picks

it's ESPN man...

Unless it comes straight from one of the more reputable reporters (WOJ) or beat writers, it's just white noise

To be fair, ESPN is reporting what New York Daily News is reporting, and in ESPN's article, Cleveland denies it.

A team source told ESPN on Monday night "there is no substance to any of that" in regards to the New York Daily News' report. There have been no follow up calls by the Cavs to the Knicks beyond the original call from New York to gauge Cleveland's interest, a Cavs team source told ESPN.

Top Bottom