• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Best games so far?

Rockets-Warriors doubt OT
Spurs-Rockets ended Rockets streak in December
Warriors-Cavs Christmas game
Spurs-Cavs
Cavs-Wizards
Grizzlies comeback against the Warriors

I'm definitely missing a few games...

Warriors-Heat ??
Cavs-Bucks ??
1 of the Celtics-Raptors games??
1 of the Wizards-Celtics games??

I think that would be all of them...

Kevin "Tom Brady" Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-kQ5f216E
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/802336068972351488/video/1
https://vine.co/v/i9raq6gwpAt/embed/simple

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tw...ploads/chorus_asset/file/7606955/tdcavs.0.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/YY...ploads/chorus_asset/file/7606993/outlet.0.gif

andthebeatgoeson

This is why Love doesn't get traded. He stretches the floor really well, and rebounds when inside really well.

Cavs won't even pick up the phone for a Melo-for-Love trade

Hoping this goes to overtime btw
Yeah, and last but not least, I'll stop being a LeBron fan if that happens. Which is most important.

Best games so far?

Rockets-Warriors doubt OT
Spurs-Rockets ended Rockets streak in December
Warriors-Cavs Christmas game
Spurs-Cavs
Cavs-Wizards
Grizzlies comeback against the Warriors

I'm definitely missing a few games...

Warriors-Heat ??
Cavs-Bucks ??
1 of the Celtics-Raptors games??
1 of the Wizards-Celtics games??

I think that would be all of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-kQ5f216E
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/802336068972351488/video/1
https://vine.co/v/i9raq6gwpAt/embed/simple

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tw...ploads/chorus_asset/file/7606955/tdcavs.0.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/YY...ploads/chorus_asset/file/7606993/outlet.0.gif

I got last weeks Hawks/Rockets game where Tim Hardaway Jr went nuclear. Also Cavs/Kings.

TTG

I'm sorry Wiz fans, if you're out there, not one good defender between Beal, Porter, and Oubre. They even brought Oubre back after Lebron effectively checked himself out of OT thinking now they could hide him and he proceeded to make a mess anyway.

Why did Beal end up on Kyrie over and over again anyway? Was it Scott Brooks' sicrit plays or did they switch? You gotta shoo him out of the way if you're Wall.

C4B6JbZUYAEOP8w.jpg

This game.

LOL, fun game.

Help a brotha understand this a bit more, but what are lottery protections when it comes to picks?

Means if the pick falls in the top 13 the Pelicans would keep it. Basically NO doesn't want to risk giving up a lottery pick for Okafor, but if he helps them sneak into the playoffs, they'll gladly handover the 16th or 17th pick.

teepo

I'm sorry Wiz fans, if you're out there, not one good defender between Beal, Porter, and Oubre. They even brought Oubre back after Lebron effectively checked himself out of OT thinking now they could hide him and he proceeded to make a mess anyway.

Why did Beal end up on Kyrie over and over again anyway? Was it Scott Brooks' sicrit plays or did they switch? You gotta shoo him out of the way if you're Wall.

i'm not sure if you're serious with your comment? i've yet to miss a wiz game this season so i'll give you my 2cents.

the death lineup (nick name for the small ball lineup with oubre at the 3 and porter at the 4) has one of the better net ratings in the league. both the starting lineup and the small ball lineup have been in the top 10 for defensive efficiency and i think the wiz are ranked either 6th or 7th in def rtg when controlling for their 2-8 start, maybe even better. this is all while otto is playing naturally outside of his position and oubre is only on his second year, slowly earning his minutes as a 3&d player. the orginization wants to transition otto into the 4 and have oubre become the starting 3 in the next year or two. there is some liabilities given their age and circumstances, e.g. porter neither being strong nor aggressive enough at the 4 (yet) but all three of those players have defensive talents and are producing. oubre especially showed up today and beal was excellent at the help with some key plays at the end.

it's kind of hard to be mad with the defensive play with either team when the wiz played small ball and the cavs played big, i.e. their best lineups. it's a large part as to why the matchup was so fun and a lot of wiz fans were expecting exactly that. it would be a treat if they were to meet up in the ecf, especially if both teams are healthy though i feel like it's obvious whoever the cavs end up with before the deadline will put them over the edge.

but i will give you one thing, beal shouldn't have been on kyrie at the end. i'm not sure if this were by design or due to a switch but otto or sato should've at least been there for the help

That bullshit leak was coming from New York's end. No way a chump like Isola has an insider within LeBron's inner circle. Probably a leak to try and put fan pressure on the Cavs to make that trade, except I doubt there are a significant enough number of Cav fans dumb enough to want to trade Love for Melo. Melo is a terrible fit. Love is a better catch and shoot player, a better 3 point shooter, a better passer, a better rebounder, a better PF (which Melo doesn't even like playing), more versatile, and on a better contract. Even LeBron ain't stupid enough to want Love for Melo.

Surfinn

lmao. Second time the Bulls have made Cousins cry this year. He'll be bitching after this one again.
He's got anger issues he needs to sort out but Wade held his fucking jersey in the last play of the game. Tired of officials missing calls in the last two minutes.

The same thing happened to Cousins in the other bulls game, they made a bullshit call when Wade missed a dunk.

Newborn babies are more mature than Booger Cousins.
He'll never be a winner because of this.

I think he can if he goes to the right organization. Sacramento is a mess and he's been coddled his whole adult life, since HS/college. I'd like to see him go somewhere that isn't going to stand for his bullshit and is going to hold him accountable.

That bullshit leak was coming from New York's end. No way a chump like Isola has an insider within LeBron's inner circle. Probably a leak to try and put fan pressure on the Cavs to make that trade, except I doubt there are a significant enough number of Cav fans dumb enough to want to trade Love for Melo. Melo is a terrible fit. Love is a better catch and shoot player, a better 3 point shooter, a better passer, a better rebounder, a better PF (which Melo doesn't even like playing), more versatile, and on a better contract. Even LeBron ain't stupid enough to want Love for Melo.

not even that, iirc, isola has a baaaaad rep. with the knicks and basically lost all his insider access with them

I agree I can't stand his attitude on the court. It sucks, flat out.

Still shitty 2 min calls though.

Boogie's got caught in a Catch-22. He definitely gets done raw by calls like tonight but at the same time his toxic personality also means the refs will never give him the benefit of doubt.

C4B6JbZUYAEOP8w.jpg

This game.
Lawd, she's gorgeous. <3 I can't tell what the best reaction is, this or Beal's. Just awesome. What a super pass and an even more impressive 3 by the King. What a shot.

There is no way in hell Cavs are selling Love whose playing exceptionally well (finally) while fitting into the system. And for Melo? LMFAO.. stop.

random25

Speaking of Melo, the draft class of 2003 is just all about washed up by now except LeBron. Speaks so well about Bron's longevity.

TTG

i'm not sure if you're serious with your comment? i've yet to miss a wiz game this season so i'll give you my 2cents.

the death lineup (nick name for the small ball lineup with oubre at the 3 and porter at the 4) has one of the better net ratings in the league. both the starting lineup and the small ball lineup have been in the top 10 for defensive efficiency and i think the wiz are ranked either 6th or 7th in def rtg when controlling for their 2-8 start, maybe even better. this is all while otto is playing naturally outside of his position and oubre is only on his second year, slowly earning his minutes as a 3&d player. the orginization wants to transition otto into the 4 and have oubre become the starting 3 in the next year or two. there is some liabilities given their age and circumstances, e.g. porter neither being strong nor aggressive enough at the 4 (yet) but all three of those players have defensive talents and are producing. oubre especially showed up today and beal was excellent at the help with some key plays at the end.

it's kind of hard to be mad with the defensive play with either team when the wiz played small ball and the cavs played big, i.e. their best lineups. it's a large part as to why the matchup was so fun and a lot of wiz fans were expecting exactly that. it would be a treat if they were to meet up in the ecf, especially if both teams are healthy though i feel like it's obvious whoever the cavs end up with before the deadline will put them over the edge.

but i will give you one thing, beal shouldn't have been on kyrie at the end. i'm not sure if this were by design or due to a switch but otto or sato should've at least been there for the help

Appreciate the perspective and info, I think this is the first full game I've seen from the Wizards this year. That being said, Oubre and Porter both were abused by one Kevin Love. The Cavs don't really play big anymore and the Wizards got pushed around anyway. To the seeding and ECF, we'll see what happens. The East is too weak to make predictions.

EDIT: to your plans, what happens to Morris?

There is no way in hell Cavs are selling Love whose playing exceptionally well (finally) while fitting into the system. And for Melo? LMFAO.. stop.

I always assumed the proposal would be Tristan plus whatever and 3rd team chicanery, no? And the Cavs eat Noah's contract.

Surfinn

Boogie's got caught in a Catch-22. He definitely gets done raw by calls like tonight but at the same time his toxic personality also means the refs will never give him the benefit of doubt.

Yeah it's a crappy situation.

In all honesty though he really needs to work on controlling his anger and sucking it up/playing through bad calls.

The best players in the NBA don't react anywhere near that level. I've seen almost every single King's game this season and I'm telling you.. it's easily over half the time he shoots and there's no call he's bitching at the nearest ref.

Shit is old.

Fjordson

Zaza has been really solid this year.

Dude has had a nice career when you think about it. Picked in the middle of the second round and he's still around 13 years later contributing to a great team.

Mortemis

Banned
That wizards cavs game was crazy. Damn.

Also, watching the wizards makes me think they need some scoring off the bench. May I interest them in one Lou Williams.

walouija

Neo Member
Sad the Thunder lost last night (because we're bout to lose 2 more to CLE and GSW) but it was a SEGABABA so whatever I guess.
Really hoping Presti can do some sorcerer shit at the deadline, bench needs help :(

Zaza has been really solid this year.

Dude has had a nice career when you think about it. Picked in the middle of the second round and he's still around 13 years later contributing to a great team.

Plus he looks intimidating as fuck, I wouldn't want to start shit there.

walouija

Neo Member
"NBA also reduces projected 2018-19 salary cap to $103 million" per nbcsports

It's about a 5mil drop which isn't too huge, but could mess up a few teams plans.

Top Bottom