• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tommy DJ

The hell is with all of these fragile rich people that do nothing but project. Knicks will always be a trash franchise with a trash owner it seems.

I think Fultz, Jackson and Smith Jr. are my top three, at least out of the American dudes. If the Lakers can fuck their way into keeping their pick I'd be happy with any of those three. It feels like there is a drop off from them to guys like Malkonnen, Ball and Tatum.

Draymond right now -- 4/11/9/8/4

watch his miss the 5x5 due to points

Also, he's threatening an assists/steals/rebounds triple double. Doubt it happens, he got 7/8 steals in the 1st half

Surfinn

Kings are so goddamn inconsistent sometimes. Probably the worst I've seen cousins play. He's already got like 7 turnovers. The difference lately has been they've been able to turn around some crazy deficits.

Surfinn

Man if you saw the interview with cousins you'd think the kings haven't won a have this season. He is clearly shaken by being suspended for a game. In a way I felt bad for him. He said something like "I just don't know if I can be myself anymore".

Dude looked like he just got kicked out of the NBA.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Somehow the magic tank season has continued as Miami remains unbeatable and the suns even got the win tonight.

Man if you saw the interview with cousins you'd think the kings haven't won a have this season. He is clearly shaken by being suspended for a game. In a way I felt bad for him. He said something like "I just don't know if I can be myself anymore".

Dude looked like he just got kicked out of the NBA.

The guy needs help, seriously he's a massive head case.

Surfinn

The guy needs help, seriously he's a massive head case.

Yeah his mood is all over the place. He was so bummed out he almost turned the ball over TEN TIMES tonight, it was very clear he was off his game because of the suspension. Just basically walking into the lane with double/triple teams and getting stripped or dribbling it off of himself. It was frustrating to watch.

OldMan

Banned
Basketball is so good right now, I feel like it's 3 steps ahead of where it's supposed to be. Honestly, my expectations for the Playoffs are super high.

Kings twitter account, man, it's still the greatest thing the NBA has to offer this season

A few days ago:
ESPN "NBA memo: Rules prohibit mocking of opponents on social media"[/URL said:
]The NBA, citing concerns about provoking exchanges between players that could damage the league's reputation, issued a memo to all 30 franchises this week emphasizing rules prohibiting "mocking and/or ridiculing" opponents or officials by official team social media accounts.

"While we understand that the use of social media by teams, including during games, is an important part of our business, the inappropriate use of social media can damage the reputation of the NBA, its teams and its players," NBA deputy commissioner Mark Tatum wrote in the memo obtained by ESPN. "Recently, social media postings (e.g., on Twitter) by some teams have crossed the line between appropriate and inappropriate. In addition to other concerns, such conduct by teams can result in 'Twitter wars' between players that can cause further reputational damage and subject players to discipline by the League. As a result, we want teams to be aware of the NBA's rules with respect to the use of social media by teams. As with in-game entertainment, teams are prohibited from mocking and/or ridiculing opponents (including teams, players, team personnel (including owners) and opponents' home cities) and game officials on social media in any form, including through statements, pictures or videos."

Tatum's memo included three bullet points specifying what would be considered inappropriate material for team social media accounts:
-Disparage, belittle or embarrass an individual opponent or game official
-Mimic or impersonate an opponent or game official in a negative manner
-Criticize officiating or the NBA officiating program

"Teams may use social media for fun and lighthearted banter that does not reflect poorly on any team, player, other team or League personnel, or the League as a whole. However, such activity cannot become inappropriate or offensive. As such, we encourage teams to properly and extensively train their social media staff members to ensure that they know what kind of postings are appropriate and what kind are not."

Kings and Hawks twitter accounts, in response

5s9ziqU.png

rcUaB8k.png

695w43H.png

KR9c4Vv.png

fXSScpo.png

rIqdnUx.png

VYqswGn.png

JycSt8v.png

3s39t8h.png

Vestal

Its insane that it wasn't the back to back Championships or a 27 game win streak that finally got Spo respect, but a 14 game winstreak with a starless team.

Basketball is so good right now, I feel like it's 3 steps ahead of where it's supposed to be. Honestly, my expectations for the Playoffs are super high.

East is the same shit as always. The west has less good teams and the best one is simply amazing. How does that generate such playoff buzz?

Top Bottom