• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

40017d11497b1fdb4c5977725f008679

The fukkery would be legendary if the Mavs make it to the 8th seed and managed to beat GS in the 1st round.

Honestly, I remember the 2007 playoffs far more for the GSW upset and the Robert horry hip check controversy. I think I might want this to happen more than anything else, although I'd say Cleveland and the spurs would probably have to also lose, so that the gloating would be less.

Huh, I didn't realize how bad the Lakers to philly pick was for the Lakers. If it conveys this year, then the 2019 pick auto-conveys to the Magic.

Also, the Sixers win over the Magic was good for both teams. Sixers move up to 5th worst record, and Magic go down to the 4th worst record. From reports, the Magic finally realized that they, perhaps more than any team in the league, need to be tanking right now. As for the 3rd worst record? The Lakers. And unlike the Sixers, Lakers, Suns, or Nets, the Magic have every reason to go full intentional tanking, no stumbling into wins.

If the Magic pass up the Lakers? They get a much better chance at a top 3 pick this year, in a guard heavy draft, for their dead outside shooting and back-court. And they also push the Lakers to 4th worst record, quite possible seriously hurting the Lakers chance to keep their pick away from the Sixers this year, while simultaneously helping the Magic's chances of getting the 2019 Lakers pick.

Basically, the Magic and Sixers double-teamed the Lakers tonight.

TTG

Why is he still whining at the refs for a foul that didn't happen when his guy got a and-1 following it up?

I don't want to start that conversation because it's hacky sports talk nonsense, but Cousins would have been thrown out about 3 times last night if he acted the way Lebron did. I don't remember him ever whining so much nor so demonstrably in Miami, he must think he can get away with it now, and obviously he's right.

you've never seen lebron not run back on defense to bitch at the refs? he does it quite often

Yeah it happens often and it's obnoxious but here his guy got the points and a foul and he egregiously flopped. He should pick his battles better.

I don't want to start that conversation because it's hacky sports talk nonsense, but Cousins would have been thrown out about 3 times last night if he acted the way Lebron did. I don't remember him ever whining so much nor so demonstrably in Miami, he must think he can get away with it now, and obviously he's right.

Guys like Cousins and Rasheed prior don't get the benefit of the doubt with the refs, anything is a tech. Meanwhile, more protected superstars like Lebron and others act like they could die with the injustice at hand and it's all good. It's probably my least favorite thing about the NBA in somewhat of a tie with JR Smith's shot selection.

Jarate

Banned
I kind of want the Sixers to tank this year so we could get Fultz and possibly another pick with the Lakers. (one of the small forwards would be nice)

Imagine this lineup

Markelle Fultz
Robert Covington
Jonathan Isaac
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

Backups
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Dario Saric
Nerlens Noel/Jahlil Okafor/Holmes
Timothe Luwawu Cabarrot (He might take Covingtons spot eventually, this guy is surprisingly good)
Gerald Henderson

With Brett Brown as the coach?

That team would be a monster in the short term as well as the long term. Lottery means we have a chance for the first pick no matter where we land (Thankyou Sacramento as well, even if we are good, your incompetence will mean we're always protected)

Imagine if the Sixers make the playoffs and Sacramento ends up with the first pick in this draft.

Have I ever told this thread about how Sam Hinkie was fired for being too good

I kind of want the Sixers to tank this year so we could get Fultz and possibly another pick with the Lakers. (one of the small forwards would be nice)

Imagine this lineup

Markelle Fultz
Robert Covington
Jonathan Isaac
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

Backups
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Dario Saric
Timothe Luwawu Cabarrot (He might take Covingtons spot eventually, this guy is surprisingly good)
Gerald Henderson

That team would be a monster in the short term as well as the long term. Lottery means we have a chance for the first pick no matter where we land (Thankyou Sacramento as well, even if we are good, your incompetence will mean we're always protected)

Imagine if the Sixers make the playoffs and Sacramento ends up with the first pick in this draft.

That lineup is so nice! If we keep sitting Embiid at this rate and keep taking our time with Simmons it might not be too out of the question.

Also yep Hinkie was just too OP for this league. That trade with Sacramento had cheat codes enabled.

Bread

Banned

Imagine this lineup

Markelle Fultz
Robert Covington
Jonathan Isaac
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

Backups
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Dario Saric
Gerald Henderson

too bad your dumbass team keeps winning and you're missing out on what could be the pieces you need to become the next thunder!

I kind of want the 8Sixers to tank this year so we could get Fultz and possibly another pick with the Lakers. (one of the small forwards would be nice)

Imagine this lineup

Markelle Fultz
Robert Covington
Jonathan Isaac
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

Backups
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Dario Saric
Gerald Henderson

That would be nice, though were still getting our pick :p

The two most dysfunctional teams in the NBA, the Knicks and the bulls (by a wiiiide margin) both have owners that barely give a shit about the team

Is anyone that surprised? That's the best sign of whether a team can have longer term success right there, if the owner and front office give a shit

Top Bottom