• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Apparently Vlade really, really likes Hield. Wanted to draft him badly.

The kings drafted him already. His name was Jimmer Fredette. We know how this story ends, Vlade.

Lol, what could the Kings have possibly asked for from the Lakers that would make them say no, but then turn around and consider that NO offer.

the tough thing for LA to match is that they don't have draft picks. I imagine a comparable offer would be like Russell, Clarkson and filler (Deng?). Maybe a Washington 1st if they deal Lou to the Wizards?

Sandfox

Actually I'm going to take back my previous post. The Kings are delusional if they think that Pelicans deal is good. Those picks are going to fall out of the top 10 at least while Buddy Hield is really old for a rookie and meh.

The Lakers must have offered them Calderon and Mozgov or something.

"He's a great player. Dominant. ... But I haven't heard anything." Anthony Davis on possible DeMarcus Cousins trade
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/833535860318621697

Sources: If DeMarcus Cousins isn't dealt before trade deadline then Lakers will offer "godfather offer" this Summer to acquire Cousins.
https://twitter.com/xOrtiz4x/status/833535489441406980

Tyreke Evans ($10.2 million expiring contract) has been discussed in a potential Kings-Pelicans swap, league source tells @TheVertical.
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/833536109305090048

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns made an offer for Cousins. They have assets and, as I wrote in my last rumor notebook, they want a star.
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/833535790412095488

Sandfox

The kings drafted him already. His name was Jimmer Fredette. We know how this story ends, Vlade.

the tough thing for LA to match is that they don't have draft picks. I imagine a comparable offer would be like Russell, Clarkson and filler (Deng?). Maybe a Washington 1st if they deal Lou to the Wizards?

I wouldn't trade Russell for Cousins. My offer would be built around Clarkson and Randle, which is what I'm guesses they did.

I wouldn't trade Russell for Cousins. My offer would be built around Clarkson and Randle, which is what I'm guesses they did.

Clarkson just signed an extension and Randle is about to be due for one. I think the Kings would want guys with more cheap team control (Russell, Ingram) but then again, the Kings are dumb as fuck so who knows.

Sandfox

Everyone in that front office should be fired.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 34s34 seconds ago
More
Deal with the Pels includes guard Buddy Hield, and a 2017 first-round pick to the Kings for Cousins, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Absolute garbage. I feel sorry for Kings fans.

This is straight up one of those terrible 1970s trades, like when the Lakers traded for Wilt and Kareem and gave up bunch of guys nobody ever heard of in return, only at least back then you could explain it because the league was smaller and owners were stupid and/or coked up. There's no excuse in 2017 to make this kind of trade for a franchise superstar. Then again, in 2017 there is also no excuse for hiring someone as unqualified as Vlade Divac to run your team. The Kings are getting what they deserve.

On top of that the Kings are ensuring they give up their lottery pick this year to Philly by trading away their only good player and going in the tank.

pislit

Ainge probably does not want Cousins but tried to swing a three-team trade that could send cousins to IND or CHI so that they can get Butler or George. But both teams declined.

OR Ainge believes that they can draft the third coming of Michael Jordan this draft.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
No other team could offer a better deal to the Kings?

With the assets they just got from trading away an All Star, no other team made it more enticing than the fucking Pelicans?

Holy Shit!

Top Bottom