• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

That's almost the highway robbery LA pulled on Memphis when they got Pau for used peanuts, if that. Course have to see if those draft picks work out...

Chase17

Why would a non-playoff team trade for a rental player? If they can't sign him then that's horrible
They are probably counting on that the extra money enticed him to stay. And even if he doesn't for what they are giving up it would probably be worth the risk anyway.

Why would a non-playoff team trade for a rental player? If they can't sign him then that's horrible

He's under contract for the rest of this season and all of next. Re-sign Jrue this summer and there's no way a team with he, Boogie, and AD aren't competitive enough next season to convince him to re-sign.

jbug617

Banned
Ainge probably does not want Cousins but tried to swing a three-team trade that could send cousins to IND or CHI so that they can get Butler or George. But both teams declined.

OR Ainge believes that they can draft the third coming of Michael Jordan this draft.

Ainge thinks since he can get teams to do one sided deals he can low ball teams.

I guess but assets are assets

We'll see

Buddy Hield is not an asset. The D-League is full of guys who can do what he does. That DIvac covets him so much is only further evidence that Vlade Divac is totally incompetent. That first rounder is potentially an asset, as NO are currently a lottery team, but the bottom of the West is a dumpster fire, it's very likely DMC+AD is enough to push them into the playoffs.

Buddy Hield is not an asset. The D-League is full of guys who can do what he does. That DIvac covets him so much is only further evidence that Vlade Divac is totally incompetent. That first rounder is potentially an asset, as NO are currently a lottery team, but the bottom of the West is a dumpster fire, it's very likely DMC+AD is enough to push them into the playoffs.

I wonder if Terrence Ross + 2 draft picks would have gotten it done lol

Soonri

I'm putting money on 8 seed upset.

But THAT offer is what the Kings took? Might be in the running for worst front office ever.

Why are they trying to rebuild when they already sucked for like the last decade?

Cousins is the Legendary tier find in draft farming and you just traded him for basically nothing.

Never forget what sparked this trade.

zxTlmR4

pislit

Really, the other 28 teams could not beat the Pelican offer?

Iguodala + first round 10 years straight could get GSW championship for a decade.

mjp2417

Banned
Damn. Unless I'm forgetting something this is the first time in the history of the league that the two best big men have been on the same team. Even by Kings standards this is insane.

Why are they trying to rebuild when they already sucked for like the last decade?

Cousins is the Legendary tier find in draft farming and you just traded him for basically nothing.

on top of that it was a franchise guy that actually LIKED Sacramento? Like, the city itself. When in the fuck are you going to find another one of those?

Brinbe

FAM... I CAN'T... WE COULD RUN THE KINGS BETTER THAN THAT FUCKING IDIOTIC FO. WHAT A SHIT DEAL!

Thankful Ainge or some other GM didn't get a chance to better that deal.

Not sure Boogie/AD work that well together. Should be an interesting test case to see how far a absolutely top tier twin-towers model can bring a franchise. Jrue/AD/Boogie is enough?

Hol up

Did Sacramento trade Boogie for a bag of cheetos and some chico sticks?!?!

They were trying to show they could do worse than giving peja away. Ron wasn't meant to be in Sac. Boogie was too much for sac. It's a team doomed to mediocrity. They aren't even charger tier when it comes to fucking up.

Chase17

Whenever Celtics end up drafting players with these Brooklyn picks I'm going to begrudgingly look at them at think that they could've been Boogie lol

Tommy DJ

Damn. Unless I'm forgetting something this is the first time in the history of the league that the two best big men have been on the same team. Even by Kings standards this is insane.

Robinson + Duncan was nuts. Sampson + Olajuwon didn't really pan out but they still managed to sneak into the NBA Finals.

I still don't get this trade. Boogie might have problems on court but he's still one of the best big men currently playing in the NBA. And he actually seems to like playing in Sacramento and does a whole lot for the community over there. Even if Boogie was bad (lol no), its still a PR nightmare.

That dude is not resigning with the Pelicans.

What an odd move on both sides.

Dude was about to re-sign with the Kings, and now will have one of the best players in the league and a borderline-All Star playing next to him. Plus the Pels will be able to offer him more.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'd say it's more likely than not he re-signs next summer.

Asides from maybe the Jazz and Grizzlies, the Pelicans can legit fuck up the entire West. They might not be favorites, but that twin tower lineup, with players that can actually play well as modern bigs, none of the top teams have the rim protection to deal with it

Sandfox

Asides from maybe the Jazz and Grizzlies, the Pelicans can legit fuck up the entire West. They might not be favorites, but that twin tower lineup, with players that can actually play well as modern bigs, none of the top teams have the rim protection to deal with it

The rest of their team outside of Jrue isn't good enough for that.

Top Bottom