• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

FAM... I CAN'T... WE COULD RUN THE KINGS BETTER THAN THAT FUCKING IDIOTIC FO. WHAT A SHIT DEAL!

Thankful Ainge or some other GM didn't get a chance to better that deal.

Not sure Boogie/AD work that well together. Should be an interesting test case to see how far a absolutely top tier twin-towers model can bring a franchise. Jrue/AD/Boogie is enough?

Should GAF put in a bid to buy the Kings?

Bronx-Man

Banned
64ONyrKh.jpg

All Draymond needs is to push the right buttons of Boogie and that series will be over.

Do you not remember Draymond getting ejected the last Dubs-Kings game?

AD and Boogie are both among the few players that manage to successfully can expose having some mix of KD, Zaza, and Draymond as your rim protection

Brinbe

Should GAF put in a bid to buy the Kings?

Evilore gonna make Vivek an offer he can't refuse.

But seriously, if this were offered in a FUCKING FANTASY LEAGUE, do you think the other owners would accept this deal!?

If anything should be rejected for basketball reasons, it's this. Like what the fuck is this!? They could have probably had the Brooklyn picks and any number of Boston's prospects. Ainge did all that FOR THIS TYPE OF DEAL! And Vlade gave it all away for a shit platter.

Sandfox

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 41s41 seconds ago
More
Nevertheless, Divac's public and private proclamations that he wouldn't trade Cousins will impact his future credibility w/ agents, players.
Good.

random25

Do you not remember Draymond getting ejected the last Dubs-Kings game?

AD and Boogie are both among the few players that manage to successfully can expose having some mix of KD, Zaza, and Draymond as your rim protection

Just ticking off Boogie is enough to take his rhythm off. And the Pels still have no answer to GSW's backcourt so it's not like the Warriors are suddenly in trouble. But the twin towers duo would be more interesting next season should Boogie opts to stay with NOP and their FO does something with their backcourt.

mjp2417

Banned
Robinson + Duncan was nuts. Sampson + Olajuwon didn't really pan out but they still managed to sneak into the NBA Finals.

Shaq was in his prime during Robinson/Duncan and Kareem and Moses Malone were still there during Sampson/Olajuwon. Boogie and AD are the consensus two best bigs in basketball right now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can the Kings owner and front office be tried for War Crimes?

Sacramento just got annihilated with that trade Bomb

Shaq was in his prime during Robinson/Duncan and Kareem and Moses Malone were still there during Sampson/Olajuwon. Boogie and AD are the consensus two best bigs in basketball right now.

Yup.

Take a look at the top teams.

Teams without a good front-court match-up for defense:
Warriors. Spurs. Rockets. Cavs. Celtics. Wizards. Raptors. Thunder. Nuggets.

Teams with a decent front-court match-up for defense:
Grizzlies. Jazz. Hawks??

Sandfox

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 17s18 seconds ago
More
The Pelicans were very close on a deal for Jahlil Okafor about 10 days ago, offering a similar package except it didn't include Hield.
lol.

Yup.

Take a look at the top teams.

Teams without a good front-court match-up for defense:
Warriors. Spurs. Rockets. Cavs. Celtics. Wizards. Raptors. Thunder. Nuggets.

Teams with a decent front-court match-up for defense:
Grizzlies. Jazz. Hawks??

the problems for these teams isn't matching up with bigger lineups. There's a reason teams are going smaller and more versatile. There is only so much room in the paint, and on defense, who is guarding KD at the 4? DMC? AD?

spyder_ur

Whenever Celtics end up drafting players with these Brooklyn picks I'm going to begrudgingly look at them at think that they could've been Boogie lol

Apparently they wouldn't have even needed the Nets picks, if this is all the asking price was.

I'm pretty stunned by this deal. Didn't expect Cousins to get moved, and I thought his value was much higher.

the problems for these teams isn't matching up with bigger lineups. There's a reason teams are going smaller and more versatile. There is only so much room in the paint, and on defense, who is guarding KD at the 4? DMC? AD?

Historically, AD has been alright at guarding KD. Not fantastic, but no better or worse than anyone else.

DMC was guarding KD for the Kings-Dubs match-up, right?

I would've been more worried if Boogie hadn't learned to shoot 3s and AD hadn't learned to play more within the mid-range.

Ideally, you want AD rim-protecting, but he's also the better defender in general. But Boogie is still a decent defender, not so much a rim-protector, but I can see him being able to at least switch onto KD.

DMC was guarding KD for the Kings-Dubs match-up, right?

I would've been more worried if Boogie hadn't learned to shoot 3s and AD hadn't learned to play more within the mid-range.

Ideally, you want AD rim-protecting, but he's also the better defender in general. But Boogie is still a decent defender, not so much a rim-protector, but I can see him being able to at least switch onto KD.

AD guarding 4s brings him away from the rim though. I'm not trying to shit on the trade, it's a no brainer, but I still think it puts the Pelicans far away from contending. They need a lot more pieces and a lot more depth.

AD guarding 4s brings him away from the rim though. I'm not trying to shit on the trade, it's a no brainer, but I still think it puts the Pelicans far away from contending. They need a lot more pieces and a lot more depth.

The thing is though is that by all accounts, AD absolutely hates playing the 5. It's why the Pelicans have been chasing a center for so long. He just wants to play the 4.

That's a damn core to build from though

If the NO front office is even remotely competent they can field at least a multi WCF team in a couple of years

Top Bottom