• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

AD guarding 4s brings him away from the rim though. I'm not trying to shit on the trade, it's a no brainer, but I still think it puts the Pelicans far away from contending. They need a lot more pieces and a lot more depth.

I don't think they are contenders.

But one on one, I think they're capable of any upset.

If AD has to be away from the rim, yes, he is the better rim-protector, but I still can use Boogie for that.

This is basically one of the few twin tower lineups I could see working. The Pelicans seriously need depth, and outside shooting that isn't Jrue (lol Gordon and Anderson...), but they are reminiscent of the Grizzlies - a team no one wants to see in the playoffs

If the Dubs have a playoff path that looks like Pelicans->Grizzlies/Jazz->Spurs/Rockets->Cavs, well, that's a lineup that can actually wear them down right there. They're favorites in every match-up, but this seriously changes things

That's a damn core to build from though

If the NO front office is even remotely competent they can field at least a multi WCF team in a couple of years

I'm just not sold that the 2 allstar bigs lineup is as advantageous as it might seem on paper, especially not in 2017 when so many of the top teams are versatile as fuck and can throw so many lineups at you. Again, it's an amazing trade for NO, if only because they turned a poo poo platter into a huge asset, but they have a long way to go before we start penciling them in for multiple WCFs.

I'm just not sold that the 2 allstar bigs lineup is as advantageous as it might seem on paper, especially not in 2017 when so many of the top teams are versatile as fuck and can throw so many lineups at you. Again, it's an amazing trade for NO, if only because they turned a poo poo platter into a huge asset, but they have a long way to go before we start penciling them in for multiple WCFs.

I think if you want any two bigs in the league, it's these two though. Maybe an argument for KAT.

Like I cannot think of a better possible 4-5 combo.

And again, you guys really shouldn't sleep on Holiday. He's a legitimately great player.

Again, they aren't contenders, but they can upset. And if not, they can make life for the Dubs far harder than they would have expected any first round series to be.

Also, imagine if the Sixers get a top 5 Kings and Lakers pick...

Jarate

Banned
ucepbUS.jpg

People shouldve realized the Kings were idiots when this trade happened. This guy should not run a team.

I think if you want any two bigs in the league, it's these two though. Maybe an argument for KAT.

Like I cannot think of a better possible 4-5 combo.

And again, you guys really shouldn't sleep on Holiday. He's a legitimately great player.

They still are for some reason.

Edit: Apparently we get Omri too?

Cousins has to be known as a straight up cancer. That trade looks like nothing on paper.

You get that straight from ESPN or something? You ever watch Kings games? You ever actually follow Cousins?

Boston fans trying to justify this shit to themselves right now... man, you can stop bringing Ainge up as a top executive from now on

Tom Penny

You get that straight from ESPN or something? You ever watch Kings games? You ever actually follow Cousins?

Boston fans trying to justify this shit to themselves right now... man, you can stop bringing Ainge up as a top executive from now on
I've seen Cousins plenty. Obviously Ainge ain't down with committing 175 million or whatever to lock him up. You also act like the rest of the league couldn't one up them. Sacramento wanted him gone so bad they took a bag of chips. .

TTG

I need Nate Duncan or someone to make sense of this for me. Pelicans can't sign him to a more favorable deal than anyone else in the off season, right? And the Kings got jack shit I assume because that's all the Pels have anyway after off loading Ryan Anderson and Gordon(Maury blows kisses).

And they said there were no idiot GMs left in the NBA.

I've seen Cousins plenty. Obviously Ainge ain't down with committing 175 million or whatever to lock him up. You also act like the rest of the league couldn't one up them. Sacramento wanted him gone so bad they took a bag of chips. .

The problem is I don't think Sac thinks this is "a bag of chips". All reports are that Vlade is in love with Buddy Hield, so he probably valued him a whole lot. Plus it was reported that Sac had offers from a lot of teams, but this is the one they chose.

I need Nate Duncan or someone to make sense of this for me. Pelicans can't sign him to a more favorable deal than anyone else in the off season, right? And the Kings got jack shit I assume because that's all the Pels have anyway after off loading Ryan Anderson and Gordon(Maury blows kisses).

And they said there were no idiot GMs left in the NBA.

He's not a free agent until next offseason. And according to Duncan, they can offer him 30% more than anyone else.

Sandfox

I think we are going to find out that DMC fucked Vlade's wife or something. It's the only explanation.

It was reported that the Kings wanted to move away from him after his most recent suspension from all his techs. The messed up part is that Vlade lied to Cousins and his agent about it.

"Source w/reasons Pels got Boogie: Cs (too focussed on getting Butler), Orl (could've had him, balked) & Phx (Sac didn't want BKnight)."- Ric Bucher

Danny better get Jimmy.

Top Bottom