• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

I love this team so much.

"Oh Harden isn't sniping right now? Try Gordon. Not Gordon? Try Anderson. Not Anderson? Try Lou. Not Lou? Try Ariza. Not Ariza? Try Dekker. Not Dekker? Try Beverley."

It's so fucking stupid. Just put as many shooters as humanly possible on the court.

They frustrate teams that might shut down 3 or 4 player on the perimeter but we still have to many 3 point shooters

Because you're a bandwagon fan?

He's had us as a favorite team for a while now

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
25 minutes

24 Points
9/16 Shooting
7/11 3 point

Sweet Lou's Rocket debut with no practice etc

This one game is like a month or more worth of points that Brewer was giving us. Also 7 3's in a gm... Brewer was lucky to hit 1 a month.

"Was told tonight that the Hawks offered 3-4 four first round picks, plus swap options for Paul George & Jimmy Butler." - @KeithSmithNBA

So I guess those guys weren't getting traded.

Edit:

"Let's try this again with tired eyes: 3-4 first round picks and swap options for Paul George and Jimmy Butler separately."

That makes more sense.

That's a rip off. 3 picks in 20s? No thanks.

25 minutes

24 Points
9/16 Shooting
7/11 3 point

Sweet Lou's Rocket debut with no practice etc

This one game is like a month or more worth of points that Brewer was giving us. Also 7 3's in a gm... Brewer was lucky to hit 1 a month.

27 points. You're forgetting 2 free throws.

Lou didn't go to the line nearly as much as what I had seen of him made me expect, but he was also waaaaay more open than I imagine he ever could hope for on the Lakers.

I can totally see Lou and Harden going to town on a foul-prone player and getting them to foul out

It's only one game but I had a feeling teams like Houston that can play small and play guys like Ryan Anderson at PF were going to exploit the hell out of the Boogie/Brow frontcourt defensively.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This needs to be posted one more time haha fools

gVhEfeF.png

Rockets have officially only had three losing seasons since 1984-1985 (2nd finals trip, Sampson + Olajuwon against Celtics)

1999-2000 - 34-48
2001-2002 - 28-54
2005-2006 - 34-48

Three 0.500 seasons in that same time frame

1989-1990
1997-1998
2015-2016

This franchise is so well-managed, god damn

Matrix

27 points. You're forgetting 2 free throws.

Lou didn't go to the line nearly as much as what I had seen of him made me expect, but he was also waaaaay more open than I imagine he ever could hope for on the Lakers.

I can totally see Lou and Harden going to town on a foul-prone player and getting them to foul out

He might lose some of those calls he was getting now that he's on Harden's team haha Refs are shady as fuck. I'll tell you what Rocket never gets calls who should and is pretty much always fouled when he drives... EGO.

Lou can just live behind the 3pt line on our team if he wants. Dude can flat out shoot. Fading on 3pt shots with guys in his face and still knocking them down... crazy.

random25

Rockets have officially only had three losing seasons since 1984-1985 (2nd finals trip, Sampson + Olajuwon against Celtics)

1999-2000 - 34-48
2001-2002 - 28-54
2005-2006 - 34-48

Three 0.500 seasons in that same time frame

1989-1990
1997-1998
2015-2016

This franchise is so well-managed, god damn

Texas teams are really well taken care of for the most part.

Matrix

It's only one game but I had a feeling teams like Houston that can play small and play guys like Ryan Anderson at PF were going to exploit the hell out of the Boogie/Brow frontcourt defensively.

I honestly don't think the combo is gonna work, not with the way the game is played today & the fact they really have no shooters around them.

You're right though, one game is too hard to judge anything.

Matrix

Season so far lol

"Brewer had 22 made 3's for us; Lou hit 7 tonight"

Fuck da Warriors

Texas teams are really well taken care of for the most part.

Mavs, Rockets, and Spurs, as of the 2015-2016 season, had the best regular season records for the last 20 years.

Add the Grizzlies for the last 10 years of Grit n' Grind, and the Pelicans since AD was added (and now with Boogie), and the southwest is loaded. And if you tried to take any of them out of the southwest, OKC would probably get added instead

I honestly don't think the combo is gonna work, not with the way the game is played today & the fact they really have no shooters around them.

You're right though, one game is too hard to judge anything.

They have Jrue, but honestly, if Jrue is off, I'm not sure they have any other wing of any note. They need wings baaaadly.

It's high time for the Southwest division to really disband. It's been too long that this division is killing each other needlessly.

It's sort of stupid. Asides from the Spurs hitting 60+ wins occasionally when the other teams have "down" years, the Southwest consistently gets within a 43-45 -> 53-58 win range for a bunch of its teams, and I think all those teams being in the same division has something to do with it.

Matrix

"Lou - 7 3PTM
Pels - 6 3PTM

Lou Williams made more threes than the entire Pelicans team. Lou Williams didn't practice or know if he'd play."

This kinda stuff is hilarious to me haha

VeeP

Rox fans believing they'll make it past GSW
mjlol.png

I don't think Rockets will get past GSW either, but these things can happen. You never know, Rockets might execute and click perfectly, while GS doesn't. Curry or another GSW player might get injured again, he was shooting superhuman style last year before his injury, and back then only a few people thought Cavs would beat them.

Matrix

D'Antoni kept his instructions to Williams short. "Only shoot when you touch it."

lol

I told you earlier today
Lou Williams is a special scorer. Enjoy him H town. He was the only player the Lakers could count on every night.

Houston will walk to the WCF.

Sandfox

"Lou - 7 3PTM
Pels - 6 3PTM

Lou Williams made more threes than the entire Pelicans team. Lou Williams didn't practice or know if he'd play."

This kinda stuff is hilarious to me haha
The way Lou plays doesn't require him to practice or learn the system for it to be effective.

The real problem will be during the playoffs because he struggles there for obvious reasons.

Matrix

D'Antoni is such a chill coach. He both has the offensive genius to draw crazy good plays but also lets his players just play, become good at executing the offense for themselves

And its rubbed off on this team clearly. When Ariza is smiling, you know it's a well coached and tight team.

Rockets had a weird problem tonight. It was garbage time, but we only had Bobby Brown from our old garbage time squad.

Wiltjer and NANU are going to be coming back, so we'll have two more, and Dekker is typically the best player on our garbage time squad. Now we just need one more...

When has he deserved it?

2013 or 2014. Harden trade and Dwight signing

Top Bottom