• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Looks like Dallas is going to hang on, 0-2 for the Pels post trade.

We traded away two of our three wings and the third was out for personal reasons. Not to mention Casspi breaking his thumb and getting waived.

But for real we need to get someone who can shoot threes ASAP. And also... fuck Alvin Gentry.

BIc8Opz.png

Congratulations!
You tanked for a whole season and you now have to live in fear that your top 3 pick may burn out and turn into a bust because of his dumbass tiger dad.

22/58 from the 3 right now from the Rockets, game isn't over

Holy shit they're really going to average 50+ 3PA for the rest of the games.

Harden has said D'Antoni was trippin' twice now. When D'Antoni said he believed Harden could double his assist average, and when D'Antoni said he thinks we can go 53, 55 3PA for the rest of the season

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Pops is doing a fine job promoting his kids. Last night through the rabbit hole of YouTube/GAF/Reddit I watched Lamelo Ball play Oak Hills Academy

This is probably a hating post but shouts out to goofy ass Chino Hills. I'll always root for a Southern California HS because this is where the big boys play. Are y'all part of LA County, Orange County or Riverside? Goofy ass city off the goofy ass 71 freeway

At the end of the day the goal for any high school athlete should be a college scholarship. LaMelo is a solid player but he has a really awkward jump shot, does not play defense, and even if he tried to play defense he's not big enough to disrupt anyone driving the lane.

There are 100 5'10-6'2 point guards in China/Serbia/Croatia who are better than LaMelo Ball right now. I think a lot of these American players+parents forget that

A lot of these parents have it twisted in terms of how they promote their kids. At the end of the day the goal should be a college scholarship.

We got outrebounded by 27, let a guy put 37/22 on us, and let a team shoot 52% from the field against us.

We shot 22-36 on 2s. We had as many 2s as 3s.

3 > 2, and this game is the proof

I'm starting to see this Rockets team doing a 2011 Mavs...

I mean, if the Rockets do this, it will be VERY 2011 Mavs-esque. I think one star plus a bunch of ultra role players is a viable method to championship, your star just needs to be a super star, and no one position needs to be a serious weakness of some sort.

The issue most teams face is that most role players are paid more relative to their worth, or actually, stars are underpaid, so it's hard to get those role players and not quickly hit the cap. Thank god for Morey's cap wizardry.

Sandfox

I mean, if the Rockets do this, it will be VERY 2011 Mavs-esque. I think one star plus a bunch of ultra role players is a viable method to championship, your star just needs to be a super star, and no one position needs to be a serious weakness of some sort.

The issue most teams face is that most role players are paid more relative to their worth, or actually, stars are underpaid, so it's hard to get those role players and not quickly hit the cap. Thank god for Morey's cap wizardry.

I think you're forgetting who the coach of the Rockets is.

RedAssedApe

Banned

he already walked it back because he knows how dumb he sounds.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ar-lonzo-ball-only-playing-los-angeles-lakers

"All I said was that my boy is going to play for the Lakers, and I'm going to speak it into existence," LaVar Ball told ESPN on Saturday night. "I want him to be a Laker, but I wasn't saying he's only going to play for the Lakers."

Then again he also said this...

"I have the utmost confidence in what my boy is doing," Ball told TMZ on Feb 15. "He's better than Steph Curry to me. Put Steph Curry on UCLA's team right now and put my boy on Golden State and watch what happens."

Marz

You're just a little too high on your team lmao, love the enthusiasm though.

TTG

Warriors landing Calderon. Not sure how to feel about that.

He's a competent conventional point guard who brings an international vibe to the team, what's not to like? If Looney or McAdoo were to be let anywhere near the court in the playoffs I would say go after Bogut, but Zaza and McGee are working out ok.

I suppose they could have reached out to D Will to take him away from Cleveland instead, but that seems to be a done deal.

TTG

Well they shouldn't be worried about anyone really, they should be able to handily beat every single team in the league senseless. They should only be worried about choking again.

Hopefully the Clippers are healthy and playing well come playoff time. With them and the Spurs taking a step back this year, a trip to the finals isn't looking so formidable now.

Hopefully the Clippers are healthy and playing well come playoff time. With them and the Spurs taking a step back this year, a trip to the finals isn't looking so formidable now.

Even healthy the Clippers are no match for the Warriors, it's a very poor match up for them. It is possible for the Warriors to choke as it happened last year though and honestly I think even then only the Rockets have a realistic chance if they bomb everything from 3 and hit it at a ridiculous pace.

He's a competent conventional point guard who brings an international vibe to the team, what's not to like? If Looney or McAdoo were to be let anywhere near the court in the playoffs I would say go after Bogut, but Zaza and McGee are working out ok.

I suppose they could have reached out to D Will to take him away from Cleveland instead, but that seems to be a done deal.

does that mean they aren't keeping Weber? Or did they still have an open roster spot?

What's Caldeon's game like? does he fit the Warriors playstyle? can he shoot?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pops is doing a fine job promoting his kids. Last night through the rabbit hole of YouTube/GAF/Reddit I watched Lamelo Ball play Oak Hills Academy

This is probably a hating post but shouts out to goofy ass Chino Hills. I'll always root for a Southern California HS because this is where the big boys play. Are y'all part of LA County, Orange County or Riverside? Goofy ass city off the goofy ass 71 freeway

At the end of the day the goal for any high school athlete should be a college scholarship. LaMelo is a solid player but he has a really awkward jump shot, does not play defense, and even if he tried to play defense he's not big enough to disrupt anyone driving the lane.

There are 100 5'10-6'2 point guards in China/Serbia/Croatia who are better than LaMelo Ball right now. I think a lot of these American players+parents forget that

A lot of these parents have it twisted in terms of how they promote their kids. At the end of the day the goal should be a college scholarship.

He was talking about Lonzo, not LaMelo. He also said Lonzo is better than Steph Curry, though, so he clearly needs to relax.

TTG

I think you guys are really underestimating San Antonio and popovich

I'm not, that's why I haven't said a word about them running so much Aldridge and Leonard iso in lieu of one of the best offensive systems of all time. They would need the Rockets/Blazers LMA to show up first of all to even be competitive.

Two Words

So what is with the Mavericks helping out the Cavs and Warriors so much lately, lol. First they help the Warriors get Durant. Then they basically give DWill and Bogut to the Cavs. I know that Dallas received stuff on both trades to help their future, but it's kinda funny how much it has helped the two teams that were already expected to be back in the Finals.

Top Bottom