• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tommy DJ

I think you guys are really underestimating San Antonio and popovich

I don't see the Spurs winning a series against the top teams this year. Their offense is just too stale to deal with high scoring teams like Golden State or the Rockets for multiple games.

Their starters right now are moribund and will continue to be so until some are willing to go to the bench. Parker has a game too dependent on his athleticism that he doesn't have anymore. LMA and Green are too hot/cold. Gasol is a pick and roll leak.

What is giving the Spurs the 2nd best record in the NBA is that Leonard is playing out of his mind, the Spurs can run a competent defense in their sleep and their bench/role players will always be well coached.

I think you guys are really underestimating San Antonio and popovich

I don't see the spurs not taking the warriors to 6 games, in fact, they might be the most reliable team to do that.

I just struggle to see them winning. Kawhi bails them out so much, and their starting lineup, unless LMA pulls a 50 Pt game together, doesn't have that much firepower

We have to see though, these teams haven't played since the season began

I don't see the Spurs winning a series against the top teams this year. Their offense is just too stale to deal with high scoring teams like Golden State or the Rockets for multiple games.

Their starters right now are moribund and will continue to be so until some are willing to go to the bench. Parker has a game too dependent on his athleticism that he doesn't have anymore. LMA and Green are too hot/cold. Gasol is a pick and roll leak.

What is giving the Spurs the 2nd best record in the NBA is that Leonard is playing out of his mind, the Spurs can run a competent defense in their sleep and their bench/role players will always be well coached.

Nah nah nah, Spurs are easily a consistent enough team and rockets prone to varying a lot between games, etc. that I think spurs rockets is close to an even matchup

Tommy DJ

Nah nah nah, Spurs are easily a consistent enough team and rockets prone to varying a lot between games, etc. that I think spurs rockets is close to an even matchup

I agree with this but if the Rockets are able to shoot a competent amount from three, they shouldn't struggle too hard with the Spurs in a 7 game series. Their last game against the Spurs was very close but that was with the Rockets shooting 15% from three.

I hope the Suns win and we lose. Tank rolls on.

Joey Crawford just ejected you

This ejection still confuses me to this day. Why exactly was Duncan laughing a crime? Though I can understand some of the sportsmanship issues that revolve around excessive laughing. They know what they are doing mentally.

So what is with the Mavericks helping out the Cavs and Warriors so much lately, lol. First they help the Warriors get Durant. Then they basically give DWill and Bogut to the Cavs. I know that Dallas received stuff on both trades to help their future, but it's kinda funny how much it has helped the two teams that were already expected to be back in the Finals.
They just generally like to free up their vets to get better opportunities when it's not working out for them there. Happened with RJ a few years ago too. Just happens to be that the better situation is always the 2 teams stocking up for the finals every year.

So what is with the Mavericks helping out the Cavs and Warriors so much lately, lol. First they help the Warriors get Durant. Then they basically give DWill and Bogut to the Cavs. I know that Dallas received stuff on both trades to help their future, but it's kinda funny how much it has helped the two teams that were already expected to be back in the Finals.

Mark Cuban is a bro. He bought out the last year of RJ's contract so he could try and get a championship with the Cavs, after the Deandre Jordan incident he offered to let Wes Matthews explore for FA more, and upped his contract.

He's probably doing similar with DWill, and Bogut in general probably wasn't helping with the chemistry of the Mavs

That Bucks v. Suns game ending was comical. Nobody wanted to win.

Game is done 7 minutes from the end and you play tomorrow --> Lets keep Giannis in till the end.

You fought tooth and nail to be 7 ahead 5 minutes from the end --> Giannis needs a rest.

Kidd is the worst.

Mortemis

Banned
The suns are killing it when it comes to tanking. Two straight games where they choked at the end.

They won't let the lakers get the second spot :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn jaylens ability to move around defense effortlessly is just so fun to watch. He's got super long strides and tons of grace.

Gonna be bummed when ab0 comes back to the starters. I hope they move jaylen to the 3 and stay small. Jaylen clearly Conti yes to get more comfortable especially on defense and his corner 3s are on fire ATM.

Edit- damn he's putting on a clinic right now.

Tucker and Ibaka have revitalized the Raptors players and made their defense much better. They needed some sort of shake-up after that stretch, and two players that put effort into defense have done a good job with that.

plus

That's my concern. What little I saw of Webber's defense was impressive.

Calderon's a good shooter but he picks his shots so carefully and that's part of the reason why it's so high. When he was on the Knicks he'd dribble the god damn shotclock for 15 seconds then pass it to Melo on an iso attempt on offense. When he gets the ball he'll only shoot it when nobody is in a 5-10 ft radius.

He might be the worst defensive guard in the NBA but I think Lakers and Knicks fans already know that

Ibaka is the truth.

Holy fuck. Threat everywhere on the floor. Can play offense and defense inside or on the perimeter.

And Jesus what a sexy man. You know he gets it off the court too.

Bulls against teams with a record of 0.500 and above - 14-13
Bulls against 0.500 and under - 16-16

Bulls are 2-1 against the Celtics this year. They've beaten the Raptors 11 straight times (cause Jimmy Butler goes insane, consistently, against them).

If the Celtics and Raptors take the 2nd and 3rd seed from the Wizards, and the Bulls stay the 6th or 7th seed, then the Bulls have a path to the Eastern Conference Finals XD. They definitely have the players that can take over games, in some ways are built for the playoffs but struggle to get there XD

ViciousDS

Banned
Bulls against teams with a record of 0.500 and above - 14-13
Bulls against 0.500 and under - 16-16

Bulls are 2-1 against the Celtics this year. They've beaten the Raptors 11 straight times (cause Jimmy Butler goes insane, consistently, against them).

If the Celtics and Raptors take the 2nd and 3rd seed from the Wizards, and the Bulls stay the 6th or 7th seed, then the Bulls have a path to the Eastern Conference Finals XD. They definitely have the players that can take over games, in some ways are built for the playoffs but struggle to get there XD

Meh, it was a Cleveland team without lebron. It's clear lebron still elevates the team to god levels with his playing ability and also shows that the cavaliers wouldn't be any better unless he came back

But i don't doubt we can beat the raptors no matter how bad our team is lol. Bulls always troll the raptors

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jaylen with a clutch as corner three where he's been on fire and Marcus working his ass off this whole 2nd half.

Isaiah was absolute trash again in the 4th.

Top Bottom