• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tommy DJ

"Only Gobert and Whiteside have contested less three pointers than Westbrook." I hate to quote Cowherd, but there it is.

Its Cowherd so he ignores how the Thunder run their offense just so he can shit on someone.

The Thunder are still pretty alright when it comes to defense. They're currently 8th in defensive rating and 16th in Opponent Three Point %, which all middling teams are pretty close to each other and is a pretty variable metric as it is (unless you're Golden State).

Literally the whole Thunder offense is geared towards Russell Westbrook and how they can get buckets in transition. There's an article running around that determines that the Thunder have a whole 5% increase in eFG% if Westbrook grabs the defensive rebound and lets their big men get down the court quickly. That's why he's not contesting 3 point shots.

The Thunder half court offensive and passing aren't too good so that's how their offensive is going to get buckets. Russ is theoretically padding stats but it does make his team better. Its not like he's padding stats like Michael Jordan when the Bulls did their point guard experiment. For what its worth, I also don't think Westbrook is MVP if that's what you're getting at. Harden is far more impressive given how well he and Houston are performing this season, especially given how badly last season went for them.

Why is Chicago trying to get into the Playoffs?

Y'all trying to give my Raps a hard time?

Seriously, I fear Jimmy Butler more than anyone in the East excluding Lebron James.

Jimmy Buckets takes over games and just rips out the hearts of teams like the Toronto Raptors. I have seen it happen way too often.

Dynomutt

Ring Ring...

Hello?..

LBJ: Hey LaLa, is Melo home?
LaLa: Yeah, hold on. Melooooo...

Phone Shuffles.

Melo: Hello...
LBJ: Whats good fam.
Melo: SSDD (Same Shit Different Day!). Trust in Phil right...
LBJ: Chuckles! Yeah ya' boy be tripping. Uh.. How you plan on playing against Boston tomorrow?
Melo: I don't know depends...
LBJ: Depends? On what...
Melo: Depends on how I Phil!
LBJ: Ha ha you play to much! But uh help a brother out...You think you could get a win over IT and them?
Melo: Aight, I'ma try and show up. Syracuse style!
LBJ: I appreciate it man, I got you!
Melo: Yeah you owe me...
LBJ: I'll let you hold my rings...
Melo: I guess.

Click!

Ring Ring...

Hello?..

Phone Shuffles.

LBJ: Chuckles! Yeah ya' boy be tripping. Uh.. How you plan on playing against Boston tomorrow?
LBJ: Ha ha you play to much! But uh help a brother out...You think you could get a win over IT and them?

Click!

Melo had a hard life.

Line_HTX

Derrick Rose... Always and forever brittle.

giphy.gif

Trey

Knee injuries are no joke. I was surprised he came back at all from the last one. Damn shame how his career went down.

Ring Ring...

Hello?..

Phone Shuffles.

Click!

The next day....

Melo: Fuck LeBron... I ain't Phil'n that shit. Shoulda picked me up when he had the chance.
.....hold your rings, psssh... Bron gonna hold this L.

Anyone think Rondo + Butler has been better than Wade + Butler? Almost makes me think Wade, with his better ability to score, compared to Rondo, would be the better 6th man.

Undefined

Damn. Thunder lost. But westbrook another 40 point triple double.
I know they don't win as many games but he is my pick for MVP. Best player to watch right now.

Hope we lose and we get a Suns-Nets win.

Harden is out with the flu, and Ariza out with a death in his family. Ryno is still out.

We're starting:

Beverley/Gordon/Dekker/Troy Williams (from D-league)/Capela

Isiah Taylor/Lou/Kyle Wiltjer????/Montrezl Harrell ?? (could see that 3 pt shot he's been working on)/Nene

Fucking hell.

I'd be Ok if Phoenix or somebody else gets the first pick, but not fucking Boston. Celtics don't deserve a first fucking pick. Fuck the Celtics.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This also proves that we were never trying to tank. We just legit suck and it creates the illusion of tanking - which means we need that top 2 pick more than any other team and we won't get it...

Fuck. Me.

Top Bottom