• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

legend166

So I signed up to League Pass under the impression you could download games (ala Netflix's download feature), because my brother can do it on his iPad.

Anyone able to do it onto their phone? I can't figure it out.

Mory Dunz

I muted them 30 seconds in, they're garbage, like all the rest of Cleveland.

Tristan Thompson had himself a Chalmers moment when he refused to switch on George for a couple of possessions and Lebron lit into him. Lue looking like a kindergarten teacher trying to make peace between them too. Having Lebron out there for 50 minutes against the Pacers, what kind of shit is that?

Is that who Thompson was yelling at out of shot during OT? I wanted the dumb camera to see what was going on

mjp2417

Banned
Someone on Twitter mentioned that this was the most minutes LeBron has played in a game since 2007. That should not be happening in a home game against the fucking Pacers.

TTG

Is that who Thompson was yelling at out of shot during OT? I wanted the dumb camera to see what was going on

I'm not certain, but Lebron was rightfully mad after that George 3 because Thompson wouldn't guard on the switch again. Then Lue thought it was a good idea to take Tristan by the arm and start yelling for Lebron to go over to them after that clip, which Lebron obviously wasn't having.

Went to my first Cavs game tonight and it was pretty epic. Seeing Lebron in person is mesmerizing. He's unbelievable. And Paul George is amazing. I thought the Cavs looked really good in stretches. The defense wasn't terrible, Indy hit some tough shots.

FZZ

Banned
Someone on Twitter mentioned that this was the most minutes LeBron has played in a game since 2007. That should not be happening in a home game against the fucking Pacers.

TT fucking sucks

And Kevin Love was literally ass until I said "Fuck Kevin Love"

LeBron is running the entire team by himself

Come playoffs Ty Lue shouldn't even coach I feel like LeBron can do a better job himself

Mory Dunz

Rule of thumb: small-town or terrible teams typically have the better commentators. Nets and Kings have the best commentators in the league. Cavs, Rockets, Warriors, Spurs, Lakers, etc. have some of the most homerish announcers in the league

Wiz/GS, the Wizard commentators are almost like anti bias right now. I think they've talked more how about GS plays and complimented them then talking about the Wiz.

Like, before it became a blowout.

mjp2417

Banned
Why don't teams make subs during OT anyway?

Same reason you will never see an elite player subbed out in a close game down the stretch in the 4th. The Cavs have enough problems running an offense without LeBron on the floor in the first 3 quarters when defense is still slack. That becomes magnified when defensive intensity picks up in the final minutes of a tight game.

The main issue with us playing Troy Williams was that he couldn't really shoot 3s, based off the impressions r/rockets had of him when they scouted him after the signing.

He's 5-7 right now from the 3, 18 total points. We just found our solution to the bench small forward spot.

We were having trouble having to go between three guard bench lineups, splitting Dekker's minutes between the 3 and 4, etc. This is awesome. We found another 3 and D wing.

Mory Dunz

Same reason you will never see an elite player subbed out in a close game down the stretch in the 4th. The Cavs have enough problems running an offense without LeBron on the floor in the first 3 quarters when defense is still slack. That becomes magnified when defensive intensity picks up in the final minutes of a tight game.

I mean in general, not even elite players.
Like, outside of a little offense-defense with under 30 seconds, I don't see many subs. Even if a starter didn't finish the game cause a scrub was hot or whatever, they won't come back in for OT1 or OT2. Weird

Misterhbk

Steph is peaking at just the right time. I'm hoping we get full on sky fucker Curry in the playoffs this year. He's been looking like he was saving all his power and waiting for teams to go all out so he can be like "You fools. This isn't even my final form."

Rule of thumb: small-town or terrible teams typically have the better commentators. Nets and Kings have the best commentators in the league. Cavs, Rockets, Warriors, Spurs, Lakers, etc. have some of the most homerish announcers in the league

Uh.... no... you can shit on fitz ( I'm certainly not a fan of him... I give him much respect for his professionalism given that his wife passed away at the start of the season) but JB is one of the best in the business. The man has used decades of warriors basketball as a teaching tool.

Case in point

TTG

Steph is peaking at just the right time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXNa0ipFPQ

Uh.... no... you can shit on fitz ( I'm certainly not a fan of him... I give him much respect for his professionalism given that his wife passed away at the start of the season) but JB is one of the best in the business. The man has used decades of warriors basketball as a teaching tool.

Case in point

Doesn't help that his A area is the worst shot possible, just inside the line. I wish he showed the shammgod instead for his favorite move.

finowns

Case in point

Ya JB is good. Fitz.. ugh

Case in point

I'm shitting on Fitz.

He's fucking unbearable. Makes the entire thing terrible to listen to.

Line_HTX

Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 5m5 minutes ago

Sam Dekker broke his hand in that fourth quarter collision.

I thought when Sam went down it looked like he got kicked in the gut. Kill me now.

Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 5m5 minutes ago

Sam Dekker broke his hand in that fourth quarter collision.

I thought when Sam went down it looked like he got kicked in the gut. Kill me now.

Fuuuuck

At least we found his replacement tonight?

But fuuuuck, right as we find some depth at the forward position. Fuuuuck

Crap... It's looking like 3 to 4 weeks.

This is fucking bullshit.

Yeah, I'm reeeaaallly happy about the Troy Williams signing right now.

3 to 4 weeks means he can still return, say, around the 2nd round, right?

As long as Ryno comes back healthy, we can manage. Plus, based off tonight, Troy looked better at defending wings on the perimeter.

I can't believe people hating on Bill Worrell and Jim Barnett in here

Man, I love them, and all the nick-names they manage to come up with always make me laugh, and I love Clyde Drexler and Calvin Murphy's crazy suits, but I would never with a straight face recommend the Rockets broadcast to a non-Rockets fan

Fjordson

Honestly, if he doesn't need to play....just let him be throughout the first round....maybe.

I don't know how the fellow Warriors fans feel, though.
Personally in favor of just bringing him back as soon as he's comfortable and fully healthy. Right now they're doing great without him, but long term the team is built to have KD in there. I'd rather get him reintegrated and build the chemistry back up now as opposed to deep in the playoffs.

Local media is leaning towards him coming back next weekend to play the last three games of the season.

finowns

I'm not really understanding the controversy over JaVale taking a three over a turnover.. it's not like he tried to dunk it on someone. Even Kerr said JaVale shouldn't have taken the three but he should be more worried about his guy getting pushed.

Surfinn

I'm not really understanding the controversy over JaVale taking a three over a turnover.. it's not like he tried to dunk it on someone. Even Kerr said JaVale shouldn't have taken the three but he should be more worried about his guy getting pushed.
It was a little bit of a slap I thought but nothing justifies pushing someone who's jumping straight in the air. That's how people get hurt. Not cool.

And the timeout at the end lol

finowns

It was a little bit of a slap I thought but nothing justifies pushing someone who's jumping straight in the air. That's how people get hurt. Not cool.

And the timeout at the end lol

I think he just wanted a three. It's not like he gets many chances to take one and he's on a team with Curry, he wanted to steph. Which I suppose could be taken as 'sticking it to' the Wizards, but I don't think that was on JaVale's mind at all.

Surfinn

I think he just wanted a three. It's not like he gets many chances to take one and he's on a team with Curry, he wanted to steph.
That last sentence kinda solidifies my point though (nvm looks like you edited it). Seemed to me like it was "we just scored 140 points, let's see who ELSE can hit a three?"

Bad form. I get the shot clock was down but when was the last time he even ATTEMPTED a three?

I mean it's not a huge deal but not a shining example of sportsmanship or professionalism either.

finowns

Looked to me like it was "we just scored 140 points, let's see who ELSE can hit a three?"

Bad form. I get the shot clock was down but when was the last time he even ATTEMPTED a three?

Well, that's my point when will he ever get the chance to attempt a three? They say he practices them too.

Surfinn

Well, that's my point when will he ever get the chance to attempt a three? They say he practices them to.
Practice them any other time before the final shot in a game when you just routed the other team?

Him shooting that three in that moment doesn't add anything to their team. They don't need him to be good at threes lol

finowns

Practice them any other time before the final shot in a game when you just routed the other team?

Him shooting that three in that moment isn't "practice" and doesn't add anything to their team. They don't need him to be good at threes lol

Lol. Whatever I didn't mean to make this a debate. The idea that if he takes a step forward and shoots a two and it be no big deal is silly. I guess he should of used those last seconds to try and get a lob set up..

Surfinn

Lol. Whatever I didn't mean to make this a debate. The idea that if he takes a step forward and shoots a two and it be no big deal is silly. I guess he should of used those last seconds to try and get a lob set up..
Like I said it's not a huge deal but I can see how an opposing team could perceive it that way especially after a big loss like that. Their reaction was shit though.

Well, that's my point when will he ever get the chance to attempt a three? They say he practices them too.

He shot a 3 in game a few months ago. He missed it.
I'm not really sure what the big deal was. It's not like it was Curry or Klay trying to add one to the stat sheet. It was fucking Javale McGee. Certainly no reason to push him for the foul.
he had to either shoot it or take the 24 second violation. and him shooting a very low risk, low percentage shot from the outside corner was probably preferable to a nasty dunk on someone inside.

Top Bottom