• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

mjp2417

Banned
Iguodola's shooting has been really impressive. I'm almost surprised when he misses.

This actually seems like the bigger story of the Dubs' current run than Steph's resurgence. Iggy was looking old for stretches earlier in the season (and Iggy actually is kinda old), whereas you tended to assume Steph missing shots was just due to variance.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Curry gets like zero calls. If he was officiated the way Harden is you could add another 8 points per game to his line.

Surfinn

Love the way Curry plays. Just keeps his head down and works hard. Doesn't bitch about calls, no sulking. Can't say that about very many superstars.

TTG

Vintage loosy goosy Warriors in the third. Every play was transition off a turn over. I feel a little bummed for Durant, when he was in at the beginning of the year things felt hostile and pressure filled, they lost a couple of big games early. Now it's loose and fun again, but he's not playing and obviously it's not going to stay this light in the playoffs. We'll see how it shakes out, they're in a good place now. Steph especially, still no crossovers, but he's looking sharp and confident.

If the Rockets continue to suck(6-4 in their last 10) Harden drops out of the mvp race. Also, wtf are the Bulls doing? Doesn't anyone want that 8th spot?

eh

7PsrK5I.png

Fuckin nets

Lakers and Suns need to win another game

I looked at the remaining schedules, percentage chance to win comes from 538. Also, 538 considers the Nets to be better than the Sixers, Magic, Lakers, and Suns right now.

Nets Schedule:
Last Game -> April 04, @ Sixers, W
April 06, @ Magic (1-1; Magic won by 7 when Nets were trash), 40%
April 08, vs Bulls, 46%, 4th game of 4 game road trip
April 10, @ Celtics (0-3; two losses VERY close), 14%
April 12, @ Bulls, 22%

Suns Schedule:
Last Game -> April 02, vs Rockets, L
April 05, vs Warriors, 12%
April 07, vs Thunder, 31%, 2nd game of 4 game road trip (2 days before is Memphis)
April 09, vs Mavericks, 47%, 3rd game of 3 game road trip (Spurs and Clippers before)
April 11, @ Kings, 28%, Kings won post-Boogie trade game @ Suns

Lakers Schedule:
Last Game -> April 02, vs Grizzlies, W
April 05, @ Spurs, 7%
April 07, vs Kings, 52% Kings coming off of two wins against MIN and DAL
April 09, vs Timberwolves, 40%, 4th game of 4 game road trip
April 11, vs Pelicans, 39%, 2 rest days, 3rd game of 4 game road trip.
April 12, @ Warriors, 3%

Predicted Records are:
Suns: 23-59
Lakers: 23-59
Nets: 20-62

Although last week it was:
Suns: 24-58
Nets: 19-63

2 Weeks Before:
Suns: 25-57
Nets: 17-65

3 Weeks Before:
Suns: 27-57

4 Weeks Before:
Suns: 29-55

5 Weeks Before:
Suns: 27-55
Lakers: 26-56
Nets: 14-68

Damn, the Suns really ramped up their tank. And based off of their schedule, the important games regarding the Nets pick (that make it a major toss-up are):

4/6: Nets @ Magic
4/7: Lakers vs Kings
4/8: Nets vs Bulls
4/9: Suns vs Mavs
4/10: Nets @ Celtics (mainly because they've played them close twice)
4/11: Suns @ Kings
4/12: Nets @ Bulls

My best guess is that those last two games are the most important. If Phoenix or the Lakers win one more game, the Nets have to win four of their last four games to tie them, which means their odds are averaged.

Trey

I played it a few times and still don't really know what he did. It was like a glitch in NBA 2k

he dribbled with his left hand, transferred it to his right hand directly from his left, then angled himself toward klay thompson to draw the defenders away from Iguodala. he then dribbled across his body from the right hand to the left (which is where the double dribble occured) before swinging a bounce pass from behind the back with his left hand to Iguodala.

TTG

If they were knocking on the door to 60, he would have a much stronger case, 60 to 55 is a huge difference. Meanwhile the Thunder are trucking along, not only no longer in 7th, but actually somewhat making a push for 5th.

This may be it for Harden's campaign.

FZZ

Banned
I'm just not impressed with Westbrook as much as everyone else is this season

averaging a triple double is cool but eh

James Harden deserves the MVP

random25

Is it too late to give Curry his 3rd consecutive MVP?

Seriously, he's besting all the other MVP candidates as of late. And it's no coincidence that they are on a win streak with Steph leading the charge.

Seriously, he's besting all the other MVP candidates as of late. And it's no coincidence that they are on a win streak with Steph leading the charge.

He's got my vote.
If he keeps this up for the final 3 games, even with KD back.... eeeh, it's not gonna matter.

It's a fight between Westbrook and Harden, no one is really being mentioned outside of those 2, which the occasion blurb about Kawhi

TTG

He hasn't been consistent and there's a big difference between a third consecutive mvp and a first, that's how we end up with Karl Malone and Derek "I'm not Lebron James, I don't even smile" Rose. I take this, diminished versus last year, Curry over both of them anyway, but I can see why he's not gonna win.

Also, to be fair, he's part of the best defense in the league while the Rockets and OKC are pushovers. It's to his credit, but he's also not going up against that when he plays them.

Sandfox

I like how Lebron has started pushing kids to not use him as a role model and strive for other successful careers though his foundation and commercials after dissing Barkely for doing the exact same thing not too long ago.

J2 Cool

I think Westbrook gets it, as questionable as his user rate is. Too much significance with his milestones, throwing in the perfect triple-double, higher PER and lower TO rate than Harden, plus-ing his resume after people remained uncertain. Just too many individual accolades, and the media loves the individual and history.

Plus there's been no new story or surge to Harden's season at the back half. Maybe if the Rockets had hit 59 or 60 wins.. But I just can't see them denying Westbrook at this point. Although asked who I would want to add to my team, I would certainly add Harden first, and he's really proven something about his game and himself as a player.

Vintage loosy goosy Warriors in the third. Every play was transition off a turn over. I feel a little bummed for Durant, when he was in at the beginning of the year things felt hostile and pressure filled, they lost a couple of big games early. Now it's loose and fun again, but he's not playing and obviously it's not going to stay this light in the playoffs. We'll see how it shakes out, they're in a good place now. Steph especially, still no crossovers, but he's looking sharp and confident.
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

he dribbled with his left hand, transferred it to his right hand directly from his left, then angled himself toward klay thompson to draw the defenders away from Iguodala. he then dribbled across his body from the right hand to the left (which is where the double dribble occured) before swinging a bounce pass from behind the back with his left hand to Iguodala.
itMcsy5.gif

I'm just not impressed with Westbrook as much as everyone else is this season

averaging a triple double is cool but eh

James Harden deserves the MVP
I agree. Rockets were scheduled to do 1-4 spots below OKC, yet Rockets is winning noticeably more. Harden also doesn`t have highest usg % ever. No idea why another poster is making it out to see like OKC has a chance at 5th, they don`t.

Ripenen

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

itMcsy5.gif

I agree. Rockets were scheduled to do 1-4 spots below OKC, yet Rockets is winning noticeably more. Harden also doesn`t have highest usg % ever. No idea why another poster is making it out to see like OKC has a chance at 5th, they don`t.

You can credit a lot of those Rockets wins to D'Antoni. He's running a different offense there with a huge focus on perimeter shooting. Look at their shot charts and it's almost entirely three point attempts. Teams have to make adjustments to spread out their defenses that much, and when you're shooting from 3 even if you miss more shots than you would from 2, you're still getting 50% more points per bucket.

Harden is part of that, but when talking about the Rockets outperforming expectations you have to look at coaching as well.

Top Bottom