• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

JaVale taking a 3 is statistically not much different than a turnover. If it had gone in, it would have literally been the second of his career.

Dudes so shook by a JaVale McGee 3-pointer they advocating for pity-ball ITT.

"Here you go little guy, just take the ball. Not like anything you do with it is going to matter."

Not really sure how we reached the point where chalking up a shot to avoid a shot clock violation is somehow more disrespectful than handing the ball over to your opponent to spare his feelings because you know he poses no threat. Working with the real sensitive type these days... Unreal.

He was supposed to take a turnover when it was at that point in the game. That is the tradition and the sportsman move. Jennings was 100% in the right here. I like McGee a lot but what he did was really unsportsmanlike like. You don't do that in basketball, be it high school, college, or the NBA. It's one of those unwritten rules that everyone follows back to when you play ball as a kid in AAU.
You sound like the type of dude that advocates participation trophies. Cringe.

I expected the Warriors to bounce back and get on a decent run, but I didn't think their defense would somehow get better considering the elite D KD has played all year. Makes no damn sense when you think about it. Probably strengthens Green's case for DPOY as well. Other than injuries, I just don't see how any team is going to stop these guys. Especially if Curry can keep up his current form when KD's back. How are you even supposed to stop that unless you hope all 3 shoot like hot garbage for four games in a row? And even if they do, they're either the best or second best defensive team. KD really flipped the league upside down with this move. Them losing all those games in a short bursts really got them to try? defensively, and look what happens. Fucking hell smh

I also got the sense Steph might have won a 3rd time if KD didn't join going by his recent run. Dude's taken a shit on Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi and Wall in 5 games in the span of two weeks. The top 3 MVP candidates and the best PG in the East. Wall is one of the best defensive PGs and they switched to 4-5 different players trying to stop Curry without any success.

I don't get this controversy because if the Wizards didn't want him to shoot or do anything, why the fuck were they kind of playing pressure defense on the play? Besides, pushing a guy while he's in the air risking an injury is the kind of thing you do when you're a really shitty basketball player that's not good enough to play on the fucking Knicks.

Ripenen

You sound like the type of dude that advocates participation trophies. Cringe.

I expected the Warriors to bounce back and get on a decent run, but I didn't think their defense would somehow get better considering the elite D KD has played all year. Makes no damn sense when you think about it. Probably strengthens Green's case for DPOY as well. Other than injuries, I just don't see how any team is going to stop these guys. Especially if Curry can keep up his current form when KD's back. How are you even supposed to stop that unless you hope all 3 shoot like hot garbage for four games in a row? And even if they do, they're either the best or second best defensive team. KD really flipped the league upside down with this move. Them losing all those games in a short bursts really got them to try? defensively, and look what happens. Fucking hell smh

I also got the sense Steph might have won a 3rd time if KD didn't join going by his recent run. Dude's taken a shit on Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi and Wall in 5 games in the span of two weeks. The top 3 MVP candidates and the best PG in the East. Wall is one of the best defensive PGs and they switched to 4-5 different players trying to stop Curry without any success.

How did KD flip the league upside down? I've seen that mentioned on r/nba as well. The standings haven't changed much in the West. Rockets jumping from 8 to 3 is probably the biggest change but that has nothing to do with KD. OKC slipped a few spots but not a dramatic change.

winjet81

I don't get this controversy because if the Wizards didn't want him to shoot or do anything, why the fuck were they kind of playing pressure defense on the play? Besides, pushing a guy while he's in the air risking an injury is the kind of thing you do when you're a really shitty basketball player that's not good enough to play on the fucking Knicks.

There is no controversy. Wizards are somehow finding a way to win games this year, so John Wall thinks that they should get some kind of special treatment from the league and opponents.

Loss to Utah? Blame the refs.
Loss to Warriors? Focus on the 3-pointer at the end of regulation.

How did KD flip the league upside down? I've seen that mentioned on r/nba as well. The standings haven't changed much in the West. Rockets jumping from 8 to 3 is probably the biggest change but that has nothing to do with KD. OKC slipped a few spots but not a dramatic change.
I'm talking power scale. Difficult to see this guys losing to anyone if Curry can maintain his form and they have no major injuries.

Haha I love seeing the Wizard's own hypocrisy being exposed.

For anyone who didn't click on the link - it showed that the Wizard's are the team who lead the league in 3 point attempts when they are winning by 20+ points with less than 10 seconds to play.

Further down in the thread, it shows that Brandon Jennings has taken such shots himself before.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I guess no one wants to be the the 1st seed in the East if Miami Heats stay at 8th.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Shouldn't the Knicks be tanking or are they trying to play out of the lottery pick..

TTG

If the Rockets continue to suck(6-4 in their last 10) Harden drops out of the mvp race. Also, wtf are the Bulls doing? Doesn't anyone want that 8th spot?

Breh you ain't tanking u til you give up 141 points to the nets

Got something you might like:

John Clark CSN said:
Markelle Fultz on possibly being drafted Sixers:
"I can see it happening"

Does he #TrustTheProcess

"No doubt. I always Trust the Process"
C8m_DnDXgAA8nYr.jpg

Raptors lost.
So sick of these Lowry injuries late into the season past few years. He needs to come back like his normal self not no 50% Lowry like past playoff years.

TTG

Alvin could be fired for the end of today's game alone. They didn't look like a professional team at all. I think it was tie game after a Cousins 3, then they went foul, turn over, foul, turn over.

Dorris Burke calling the game ��������

YYYEEEESSSS

Top Bottom