• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
It works. Blame the refs.

Yeah this...Harden is probably amazed at how stupid/terrible the refs are. Someone can just stand there not in his way to the basket and he'll just jump sideways into them and get the call most of the time. Either refs are mesmerized by the beard or he has pics of their significant others. If Curry got the same calls you could add another 8-10pts/game to his scoring.

Celtics lost
Lakers won
W for the night :p

I do believe, yep, time for yet another banner.

2Ty0RAB.png

The Pacers almost had him. Too bad that team collapsed the moment PG13 got injured and sidelined for a year.

Funny thing is that the East had a pretty long history of getting very high draft picks yet the West still ends up with more superstar talent over a decade. Can't provide a proper competition for LeBron.

Nah man, they collapsed when PG13 smashed Hibberts woman and Hibbert turned into a pumpkin. That was the year prior

It's probably significant that the Cavs' REALLY major struggles were happening when J.R. Smith and Kevin Love were getting reintegrated in their lineup.

You can't talk about players being out with injury and then expect them not to take a while to get back into form.

The Pacers almost had him. Too bad that team collapsed the moment PG13 got injured and sidelined for a year.

Funny thing is that the East had a pretty long history of getting very high draft picks yet the West still ends up with more superstar talent over a decade. Can't provide a proper competition for LeBron.

To be fair, it's also that better teams, in the west still get lottery odds. The Nuggets are far better than, say, the Pistons, but being in the West means a more talented Nuggets squad gets about as many wins and similar lottery odds.

The 2014 Timberwolves had 40 wins, and the overachieving scrappy 2014 Suns had 45 wins, but the Suns only picked one spot behind the Timberwolves.

I think if the Cavs get back into their early season groove, where Kevin Love, JR, Shumpert, and Kyrie were all playing really well, they can compete with GSW

At no point in the season was JR Smith ever playing well and Shumpert had a nice stretch at one point, but he has an entire career being underwhelming that to me is more indicative of his role going forward. They can only compete with the Warriors if the same thing that happened last year happen again: the Warriors go completely cold from the field, Cavs hit a lot of contested hero ball shots and if Draymond punches Lebron in the balls and get suspended again.

Bad news for the Cavs: the Warriors this year have Zaza to do the punching.

I think if the Cavs get back into their early season groove, where Kevin Love, JR, Shumpert, and Kyrie were all playing really well, they can compete with GSW
Cavs are about to get that work in the final if a healthy rematch happens. People keep forgetting about one dude that wants to make up for it to his team, and you can tell considering he's just started to heat up. Feels like he's been staying at the hyperbolic time chamber until the last 10% of the RS.

Pistons what a fucking disappointment this year. Definitely the most disappointing team of the year, and they should have been going for 5-6 instead of dropping out of the playoffs entirely. RJ is cancer and needs to fuck off so they can get a proper PG. Even sell lazy Andre if it means you get a proper quality player to replace. KCP should stay presuming he doesn't get the max. Team also needs some told timers, some leaders in the team. No excuse to be at that position this season.

cHaotix8

Warriors are gonna roll through the playoffs if everyone is healthy. I just can't see that not happening. They have too many weapons and their ball movement, synergy*, and defense is just insane compared to the rest of the league. This is a 73+ win team, despite what their current record shows.

*We'll see how things are synergy-wise once KD returns, but it's looking pretty bad for the rest of the league as of now.

Surfinn

Warriors are gonna roll through the playoffs if everyone is healthy. I just can't see that not happening. They have too many weapons and their ball movement, synergy*, and defense is just insane compared to the rest of the league. This is a 73+ win team, despite what their current record shows.

*We'll see how things are synergy-wise once KD returns, but it's looking pretty bad for the rest of the league as of now.

I've gotta agree with this. If KD comes back healthy there's no one stopping them.

What will you do if Lakers lose their pick in the most loaded draft in the past 15 years (thanks to Tyler Fucking Ennis) and Boston land the #1 pick?

Probably nothing, I'm still optimistic. Lakers will be back eventually. They played fun this year, and will improve next year. Trust the process.

Jacce

Banned
Probably nothing, I'm still optimistic. Lakers will be back eventually. They played fun this year, and will improve next year. Trust the process.

The Process involved stock piling endless lottery draft picks though, Lakers sadly missed that part (though they have solid young talent).

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Good article on Draymond. While defenders tend to be classified as stifling, disruptive, physical, quick and scary...the word that comes to my mind watching him every game is "brilliant". I'm not sure I've seen a smarter basketball player and he brings that to both ends of the floor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...e-defensive-equivalent-of-steph-currys-magic/
Best defender in the league and it's not even close. Guy can contain Gortat and then give Wall fits. Amazing.

Marz

Give me Gobert on D over Draymond any day of the week. He alters so many shots that dont even show up in a stat sheet. Also one of the best big men in the league on switches.

Fjordson

Give me Gobert on D over Draymond any day of the week. He alters so many shots that dont even show up in a stat sheet. Also one of the best big men in the league on switches.
lol

Good article on Draymond. While defenders tend to be classified as stifling, disruptive, physical, quick and scary...the word that comes to my mind watching him every game is "brilliant". I'm not sure I've seen a smarter basketball player and he brings that to both ends of the floor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...e-defensive-equivalent-of-steph-currys-magic/
Cool article. Love Ron Adams.

Bread

Banned
Agreed, but these two and Kawhi are above every other player. The level of defensive effort and intelligence they all show is otherworldly.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
LeBron has one great game and he's MVP of the season, while Russ had an even better game that exact same night, and has been doing it all year long.

The irony of the triple double chase is that Russ had probably his best game of the entire season last night and all anyone is talking about is how he came up short.

Celtics had a shitty game too so LeBron looked like a god

Game 6 heat Celtics ECF all over again
Celtics made like 1 three all game too
Check the stats brotendo

Silkworm

Man, I hope the C's don't lay another egg. This 1st quarter against the Hawks isn't boding well for the Celtics. :-\

edit: Two 3's by Smart before the quarter ends helps a little.

Top Bottom