• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Doesn't work in the playoffs, though. Watch Harden's numbers and trips to the foul line fall off a cliff later this month like it always does.

FTG is free throws per game, in makes/attempts, and FTr is free throw attempt rate, or number of free throws per field goal attempt

wbQcoyC.jpg

Whoops

Servbot24

Banned
Is going 2-1 rest of the year good enough for Pacers to get 8 seed?

Since they are going to lose 1st round either way, may as well get a George vs LeBron matchup

LaVar Ball: UCLA was too slow to win title with 'three white guys'

I think he's trying to drop Lonzo's draft stock with his crazy dad talk so that he's on the draft the board for the Lakers now that they are blowing their tank. lol 4d chess

That or he's super dumb. Forgot that his kids are half white and don't have super athleticism themselves.

Gotta love this kind of analysis because he said that UCLA would for sure win everything and now that they got blown the fuck up he's pulling this card out of his ass as a way of never having to admit that he's wrong and that he doesn't understand shit about what he's talking about.

He should run for president.

random25

Is going 2-1 rest of the year good enough for Pacers to get 8 seed?

Since they are going to lose 1st round either way, may as well get a George vs LeBron matchup

Miami or Chicago needs to do worse than the Pacers from here on out to guarantee the 8th spot. I believe both the Heat and Chicago own the tiebreaker.

Servbot24

Banned
Miami or Chicago needs to do worse than the Pacers from here on out to guarantee the 8th spot. I believe both the Heat and Chicago own the tiebreaker.

Bulls have a super easy schedule, Heat have a super difficult schedule (Toronto, Cavs, Wizards x2). Seems if Pacers don't have a monumental flop they should be on track for the 8 seed

random25

Bulls have a super easy schedule, Heat have a super difficult schedule (Toronto, Cavs, Wizards x2). Seems if Pacers don't have a monumental flop they should be on track for the 8 seed

Maimi is in a tight spot where their opponents are still on the run for a better positioning in the playoffs. So yeah, there's a good chance they'll do worse than the Pacers for their remaining 4 games. I'm still hoping for a better seeding though.

phanphare

Banned
Charlotte is eligible for the 2019 All Star game with the HB2 repeal but it's not set in stone yet

Addressing the media after the league’s board of governor’s meeting Friday afternoon, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Charlotte hosting “is not a done deal yet.” The league, Silver said, will develop an anti-discrimination policy that will have to be signed onto by participating groups in Charlotte.

“If those requirements are met, it’s our expectation the All-Star Game will be there in 2019,” Silver said.

more at the link

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article143351794.html

What do you guys think the All-NBA teams will be like this year?

I'd go:

1st Team:
Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, Kawhi, Gobert

2nd Team:
Curry, Thomas, Giannis, Draymond, Davis

3rd Team:
Wall, DeRozan, Butler, Durant, Towns

ThisOne

I'd go:

1st Team:
Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, Kawhi, Gobert

2nd Team:
Curry, Thomas, Giannis, Draymond, Davis

3rd Team:
Wall, DeRozan, Butler, Durant, Towns
Would be pretty crazy if Gobert made 1st Team considering he didn't even get put on the All-Star Team. I think Gober is more likely on the 3rd Team.

Fjordson

Would be pretty crazy if Gobert made 1st Team considering he didn't even get put on the All-Star Team. I think Gober is more likely on the 3rd Team.
Not unheard of. DeAndre Jordan wasn't an all-star last year and made first team.

You see that variance sometimes because it's not as much of a popularity contest as all-star voting and the position stuff is stricter (you have to have a center on each team) so I could see Gobert sneaking up there.

Curry 2nd team?
Curry still a top 3 player, but he started too slowly compared to Harden and Westbrook. And with only two guard spots there's just no room this year on first team.

FZZ

Banned
Seems like a lot of votes are going to Westbrook on the media side, 3rd MVP that might be stolen from Harden. Sad af man, Russ doing amazing things but his team is still 6th seed. That and the rebound stat padding just leaves a sour taste in my mouth if he ends up winning.

Also fuck Ernie Johnson on the real tho

Still can't believe the dude came out said give Trump a chance and that he voted for Kasich

After seeing that I lost so much respect for him

TTG

Is the format guard, guard, forward, forward, center?

Guards:
Russy
Harden
Curry
Paul
Giannis(?)
Klay

Forwards:
Lebronchik
Kawhaet Riot
KD
Draymond
AD(?)
Paul George(I feel like I should pick someone else, I've seen him play like 15 minutes total this season)

Center:
Cousins
Gobert
Embiid for the lolz

EDIT: If Giannis is a forward, I take Wall and slide Giannis down, Paul George goes bye bye.

Jarate

Banned
BTW a bunch of people are now reporting that Simmons grew 2 inches since being drafted, he says he is now close to 7' as opposed to 6'10".

This had been a rumour floating around, and may be the reason why his foot didn't heal as fast as they wanted it to. In comparison, Embiid, who had a much worse foot injury also grew around the same amount while injured which also may have made his foot heal worse.

Of course this could be horseshit, Simmons says he put on a ridiculous amount of weight in a short time which is certifiably false. But who knows?

mjp2417

Banned

1st Team
Guards: Westbrook, Harden
Forwards: James, Leonard
Center: Davis

2nd Team
Guards: Curry, Thomas
Forwards: Durant, Giannis
Center: Gobert

3rd Team
Guards: Wall, DeRozan
Forwards: Butler or George (pretty much a coin flip at this point), Green
Center: Towns

The number of elite guards you have to leave off entirely is pretty crazy

Jarate

Banned
Isnt it obvious what the all NBA team should be?

PG: Jaylen Brown
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Jaylen Brown
C: Kelly Olynyk

FZZ

Banned
So what did Blatt do that made everyone hate him

how is Lue any better

I need to go lie down

At least I will get to enjoy Buddy Hield going off on the tank

Byron Scott lives on