• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Man, if we end up at or below .500 this season I'm going to lose my fucking mind. Fuck that game and fuck the way we lost. Fuck 4th quarters in general.

Vince can still go. Scooter take notes

You trying to get Scoots killed?

fuck that guy

nick-van-exel.jpg

TTG

How good is Mike Conley? Best part was no heat checks, no trying to take the game over, I would rather he not pass to a Randolph on Blake iso late in the shot clock, but apart from that he was pretty much perfect.

Weird night for the Clippers, gave up a couple of 10+ to nothing runs, then JJ Redick did a Klay impression. Fun game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Honeymoon stage.

Though I hope Dwight is wise enough to not alienate his hometown.

He's got less pressure and no superstar to clash wish. Plus it's his home.

It's an ideal for him where he doesn't have extra pressure, the LA prime time lights shinning on him, Kobe breathing down his neck, or Harden hogging the ball.

Apparently at some point Iggy yelled "the line was 6" while some other player was being interviewed .

Meaning the Warriors were a 6 point favorite and after all those sketch calls towards the end of the game made the final tally a 6 point difference .

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Apparently at some point Iggy yelled "the line was 6" while some other player was being interviewed .

Meaning the Warriors were a 6 point favorite and after all those sketch calls towards the end of the game made the final tally a 6 point difference .

Wat lol

OldMan

Banned
Living or dying by the 3 in this renaissance of that shot will only carve the path for the 4 point shot.

Best regards,

OM

Jarate

Banned
There will never be a 4 point line

The 3 point shot is popular because it's very easy get open the farther back you go, and because it's worth 50% more then a 2, and with the amount of ball movement in existence it's efficient in the regular season when teams don't play hard defense

One of the best ways to balance the game IMO is to make twos worth three and threes worth 4. Suddenly, the midrange shot looks a lot better and foul shots become much more important meaning you can't just play these guys who can't shoot FTS.

But this will never happen

Servbot24

Banned
Then you'll have people shooting 3-4 free throws when they're fouled on shots. Combine that with making long range less viable and the game loses excitement imo.

Just widen the court and extend the arch a foot if you want to lower 3 point usage.

phanphare

Banned

phanphare

Banned
jordan cho and co. have actually been really solid the past handful of seasons. only big whiffs have been lance, who was gotten on a team friendly deal in case he didn't pan out, and drafting vonleh. ever since the lockout year and the tank it's been uphill.

I see charlotte fans shit on cho sometimes but for a manager of a smallish market team he's made some really savvy moves. locking up kemba at a price that many thought was too high at the time, for one.

OldMan

Banned
Would if there's a new rule where if you get 3 3's in a row (turkey) than you're reward a bonus point. I feel like comish Silverman has a move up his sleeve with the NBA.

Best regards,

OM

The Timberwolves are trying really hard to get me to hate them right now you don't throw Embiid to the ground like that. That's my boy! *thatsmyquarterback.gif*

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Timberwolves are trying really hard to get me to hate them right now you don't throw Embiid to the ground like that. That's my boy! *thatsmyquarterback.gif*
It was Payne. He has like zero body control. I am shocked he was able to successfully throw him to the ground!

I have a feeling that they make become unlikeable down the line. I love watching them though. Hope they don't become like the Warriors did last year during their Finals run.

scoobs

Embiid got rekt by KAT, and Wiggins continues to destroy the league. He's averaging 27 ppg now and hes 21 years old. Seems good.

Sandfox

Embiid got rekt by KAT, and Wiggins continues to destroy the league. He's averaging 27 ppg now and hes 21 years old. Seems good.

I haven't watch too much of him this season, but my problem with Wiggins is pretty much everything other than scoring.

kagete

Is this really what KG wants to do post retirement? These segments are terrible and Nate is like a dollar store version of Kevin Hart. Fucking TV money can corrupt anyone.

scoobs

I haven't watch too much of him this season, but my problem with Wiggins is pretty much everything other than scoring.

He had 10 rebounds and 4 assists tonight as well. Pretty great game.

I do find a lot of that sentiment about Wiggins though, and it feels really unfair to me. He's 21 years old (3-4 years away from entering his prime), and people trash him cuz he isn't a shot creater yet? Kawhi Leonard has averaged 2 assists a game his entire career and nobody says a damn thing about it, why is Wiggins held to some higher standard? "I mean ya, he's averaging 27 a game, but he only had 2 assists, meh".

It feels like people just want to hate him, not sure why though he's such a likable personality and a phenomenal athlete/player. Maybe its my KU bias coming through, but I love the guy and can't wait to see him dominate the league.

Jarate

Banned
You aren't going to get love until you start winning. Nobody fucks with Kawhi cause his team won 67 games last year and the Twolves won 29, and thery're dissapointing this year too

They are still super young though

Top Bottom