• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Mortemis

Banned
Fair enough, I just think if you're going to start on a high rim might as well start with a big ball 💭

There's people who have an ugly shot because they used an adult sized ball when they were young and kept that shot. It's why kids should use smaller balls.

There's people who have an ugly shot because they used an adult sized ball when they were young and kept that shot. It's why kids should use smaller balls.

Woah I never considered that lmao. Guess I'm gonna have to give my kid a smaller basketball when they come into existence lol

Anyone else miss the wild west? When the spurs, clippers, thunder, Portland, memphis, rockets, nuggets, and mavs were all alternating ~50 win teams and having huge competition against each other. There was always 5-6 50 wins teams in the west for so long. It was so good. Now there's a few good teams in the west, a few good teams in the east, and a bunch of medicore teams. Things are more even in both conferences overall but that fierce competition was so entertaining to watch. High quality playoff intensity games all the time in the spring and a win could send you from #2 to #6.

FStop7

Banned
I can't believe that the Globetrotters wouldn't offer more than 250k to get him.

Biggest disappoint of my life was when I was a kid and went to a Globetrotters game only to discover that Twiggy Sanders wasn't actually made of living spaghetti

Super-Globetrotters.jpg

Marz

The question was could me and my buddies score once in a regulation game against NBA players?

In 48 minutes yes we could score once and i'm not being "that guy" that thinks he could take on a UFC fighter i'm very aware of how good these guys are.

Who thinks they should take away the other sizes of basketball and keep it at 29.5 across all leagues and ages? I think they should because you'd start off at the official weight and when you look at other sports you don't have different size pucks or baseballs.

Best regards,

OM

College football plays with a different football.

College baseball plays with different balls and bats. Japan plays with different baseballs.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Swaggy Hawks about to become the best team in the NBA East. If the Hawks win and the Cavs lose Hawks take the #1 spot in the East.

TTG

Half time observations:

- Pleasantly surprised by Toronto. I pretty much dismissed them after the Heat series last year, they look good. Play within themselves, Valencunas(sp?) is really promising, I don't know why he was on the bench for so long. They were gassed in the second quarter, but what can you do?

- Zaza is such a liability on both ends. That's why GSW started so poorly, Toronto were making him finish at the rim and make decisions. I know it won't matter much in the playoffs, but it's like watching a Ferrari miss fire, it hurts. Can they knock some sense into McGee perhaps?

- Curry is out there coasting, looking for highlight plays. Klay is still off, I think he's getting discouraged, they can weather his slump or whatever so...

- Green and Iggy super best friends on defense is the best part of watching GSW play right now. So good.

Top Bottom