• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Two guys I wanted the Celtics to target. Noel and Lou Williams who is cheap. Any given game he can drop 20..there is value to that.

Boogs31

Not really. If we were talking Bill and anyone else then you would say he has alot more. But if Lebron wins 1 or 2 more then the differences start to become negligible. I consider the likes of MJ, Bird, and Magic all in the same tier.

Well for most of Bill Russell's career the league consisted of 10 teams or less. So he essentially got an automatic pass into the 2nd round of the playoffs for the majority of his career. And the 2nd round back then was a 5 game series, not 7.

So using Russell in any championship discussion is silly. 6 championships by MJ is better than LeBron's 3. And it is significant. Especially considering LeBron has had better supporting talent than Jordan did.

Idk about intentionally avoiding the West. The 8 championship promising Heat Big 3 would've teamed up anywhere I think. And Cavs made most sense for a lot of reasons.

Whether he intentionally did it or not it doesn't change the fact that he's been in the significantly weaker conference for his entire career.

Those Spurs and Warriors teams had some of the best offensive and defensive ratings of all time.

You making the argument that the finals teams that LeBron faced were tougher than Jordan is reasonable. But the NBA finals is one series. If you concede that the eastern conference was tougher in Jordan's time, then that means 3 out of the 4 series were more difficult for MJ. LeBron may have had more challenging opponents in the finals, but the path to get to the finals was significantly harder for Jordan.

Mory Dunz

I like trash talk and passion with attitude in games....but it seems like pundits and commentators are obsessed with it.

Like dang, someone could average negative 3.2 points, but talk good trash and be a darling.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've watched almost every game of the western conference playoffs and I would be stunned if anyone took the Warriors to six.

boxter432

Well this is a fun game. Westbrook and harden driving out of control into people getting bs foul calls. Free throws sure are entertaining!

Well for most of Bill Russell's career the league consisted of 10 teams or less. So he essentially got an automatic pass into the 2nd round of the playoffs for the majority of his career. And the 2nd round back then was a 5 game series, not 7.

So using Russell in any championship discussion is silly. 6 championships by MJ is better than LeBron's 3. And it is significant. Especially considering LeBron has had better supporting talent than Jordan did.

Whether he intentionally did it or not it doesn't change the fact that he's been in the significantly weaker conference for his entire career.

You making the argument that the finals teams that LeBron faced were tougher than Jordan is reasonable. But the NBA finals is one series. If you concede that the eastern conference was tougher in Jordan's time, then that means 3 out of the 4 series were more difficult for MJ. LeBron may have had more challenging opponents in the finals, but the path to get to the finals was significantly harder for Jordan.

Lebron played 2 finals series where he was the only reason the team advanced beyond the first round. Let's relax.

Jopie

NBA playoffs...watch as James harden runs in to people, throws up his arms and shoots free throws for minutes on end. Its FANtastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom