• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ Was a better Scorer and Defender, Lebron was a better passer and rebounder.

Lebrons played in 1 less season then MJ. MJ had 6 chips, Lebron has 3. Lebron has also probably had better teammates then Lebron.

Honestly, Lebron is just above Larry Bird now. He's got a long way to go before he competes with MJ
Nah. You know it and MJ knows that LeBron is better. People don't appreciate Bron as they should. We are spoiled.

He isn't the same player anymore, but he's​ still better than all this assholes that play basketball for money and bitches.

Apparently it's like a .1% chance Russ doesn't win MVP at this point. Thank God.

(Lebron's better than MJ. May not have the legacy to match, may never have it, but he's a better player. *shrug*)

rambis

Banned
http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/lebron_james_vs_michael_jordan.htm

Like if you want to look at their accomplishments go ahead. MJ was just a better player. There's nothing wrong with that.
They're near identical in almost every stat outside of championships. This is not a convincing argument that Lebron has a long way to go to match MJ.

I would definitely say MJ is better as a singular player. But in a team setting I think would pick a prime Lebron everytime. I wish we got to see Mike more in traditional offenses.

That being said the more I look at these new hybrid bigs the more I start to think that they will eclipse most of the classic HoF types we have today.

Jarate

Banned
They're near identical in almost every stat outside of championships. This is not a convincing argument that Lebron has a long way to go to match MJ.

I would definitely say MJ is better as a singular player. But in a team setting I think would pick a prime Lebron everytime. I wish we got to see Mike more in traditional offenses.

That being said the more I look at these new hybrid bigs the more I start to think that they will eclipse most of the classic HoF types we have today.

way more championships, MJ won a Defensive Player of the year, named to more all-defensive team, just more accomplishments in a similar time frame where the game was brimming with talent. Lebron got to play in a time where his biggest obstacles towards going to the finals was Dwight Howard, and then Derrick Rose Bulls.

Like I said, Lebron is more in that Larry Bird tier of players right now. http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/larry_bird_vs_lebron_james.htm

I don't see why it's a big deal though, Lebron is still a top player.

Using MJ's MVP and Defensive Player awards is kinda eh.

1) Lebron should have way more MVPs if we're being completely honest. If we were really giving the award to the best player every season, he'd have won almost all of them since he entered the league. Period.
2) Him never winning DPOY is a travesty in itself, and certainly has nothing to do with anything he hasn't done on the court.

The man is so damn incredible that we just get bored with it.

I'll give you Lebron had an easier path to the finals in his prime, but insinuating that the league isn't insanely talented today is wild.

rambis

Banned
way more championships, MJ won a Defensive Player of the year, named to more all-defensive team, just more accomplishments in a similar time frame where the game was brimming with talent. Lebron got to play in a time where his biggest obstacles towards going to the finals was Dwight Howard, and then Derrick Rose Bulls.

Like I said, Lebron is more in that Larry Bird tier of players right now. http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/larry_bird_vs_lebron_james.htm

I don't see why it's a big deal though, Lebron is still a top player.

3 more isnt "way more" championships. DPOYs, defensive first teams are way overated as well. Those Bird/LBJ stats are nigh identical again which makes you trying to seperate Jordan in his own tier all the more laugable.

The league is argubly better today talent wise top to bottom then it was in the 90s. Theres a shortage of true Hofers but the top to mid tiers of players are stuffed at a few positions.

If we're keeping tabs, MJ never faced a team as tough as the 14-15, 15-16 GSW's or 12-13 13-14 SA in the Finals.

Servbot24

Banned
Using MJ's MVP and Defensive Player awards is kinda eh.

1) Lebron should have way more MVPs if we're being completely honest. If we were really giving the award to the best player every season, he'd have won almost all of them since he entered the league. Period.
2) Him never winning DPOY is a travesty in itself, and certainly has nothing to do with anything he hasn't done on the court.

The man is so damn incredible that we just get bored with it.

I'll give you Lebron had an easier path to the finals in his prime, but insinuating that the league isn't insanely talented today is wild.
No one is under the illusion that MVP = best overall player, cut it out with that straw man

Tom Penny

Lebron scoring 2.2 points per 4th quarter in a finals routinely getting guarded by Jason Terry and JJ Barrea has him a ways to go to match Jordan...

spyder_ur

I wish the Spurs - Grizz was the TNT game. I was pumped for Rockets-thunder but I find myself hating the games and the teams as it goes along.

What does that have to do with him not showing up in a Finals series? Best player in the world had less impact than Jason Terry..

I'll be the last to ever excuse him of that. But that's why I said MJ probably always gonna have the better legacy.

Oh God, shut the fuck UP, Reggie Miller.

Lol, I saw Les sit down, but didn't see he was talking to the ref. NBA shows the worst replays at times though. Sometimes it would be nice to see what the audience is seeing.

rambis

Banned
What does that have to do with him not showing up in a Finals series? Best player in the world had less impact than Jason Terry..
Its a blemish on his career and there's plenty more. It doesnt detract from what he's done since then though.

Okc is going home :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom