• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kawhi so far this series 31/5/4 58% FG 54% from 3 98% FT's

9v4zte8lg953pcd8rf77t54vm.300x225x25.gif

🗑

The Thunder were +15 with Westbrook on court and -58 without him for the series and that includes all the awful 4th quarters where he was completely gassed and played like shit.

Guys. He lost. I empathize with him, but he had an all-time season in the wrong year. It happens.

It's Russ's award.

That isn't what happened, though. Reducing OKC's season to that is moronic. Nobody thought the players around Russ would end up being as bad as they ended up being this year. Russ had to go above and beyond what was even expected of him.

I don't get normalizing his season. Triple-doubles are arbitrary now. So is everything in sports.
You're wrong. I thought that, so did a lot of other people who don't get starry eyed when they see trip doubles. I knew that he would have some historical level of usg rate (not as high as he did, but pretty high). KD had some record last year from last second shots that he would take since that's when Chuckbrook would pass to him. No player is going to have any real sort of rhythm on that team with the way Westbrook plays.

The triple double itself is pretty fantastic and fun to watch, but it shouldn't be worth winning an MVP over. That's garbage. Chuckbrook is in a perfect situation. Stat nerds can fall in love with his loser way of playing while he never comes close to winning a championship and racks up individual stats. An average 10th place finish in the league followed up by a 4-1 bounce in the first round. What a time to be alive for an American sports player, where winning doesn't matter to get MVP awards.

The Thunder were +15 with Westbrook on court and -58 without him for the series and that includes all the awful 4th quarters where he was completely gassed and played like shit.
also -26 in the first 3 or 4 games with him on the floor in the fourth. He also had 4/45 assists in 4th quarter throughout 4 games. Less than 10% of his assists are in the fourth.

Fjordson

How could anyone except Warriors homers hate any team but Golden State.

They were a fucking 73 win team that would have won the champsionship had Draymond not gone full retard.

They were the best team ever.

And they literally ADDED the 2nd best player in the league while giving up nothing.

What they gave up for the 2nd best player in the league was negligible, at worst.

FUCK that team for eternity. Everything they win from now on will be an asterisk.
Lol. Love it.

Line_HTX

No fuckery from Taj Gibson / Russell Westbrook presser.

Russell definitely needs help when the 4th quarter comes. Like damn, 2-11 (0-5 from 3) and outscored 27-9 when he was sitting is just going to lead him to miss those same looks eventually.

You're wrong. I thought that, so did a lot of other people who don't get starry eyed when they see trip doubles. I knew that he would have some historical level of usg rate (not as high as he did, but pretty high). KD had some record last year from last second shots that he would take since that's when Chuckbrook would pass to him. No player is going to have any real sort of rhythm on that team with the way Westbrook plays.

The triple double itself is pretty fantastic and fun to watch, but it shouldn't be worth winning an MVP over. That's garbage. Chuckbrook is in a perfect situation. Stat nerds can fall in love with his loser way of playing while he never comes close to winning a championship and racks up individual stats. An average 10th place finish in the league followed up by a 4-1 bounce in the first round. What a time to be alive for an American sports player, where winning doesn't matter to get MVP awards.

also -26 in the first 3 or 4 games with him on the floor in the fourth. He also had 4/45 assists in 4th quarter throughout 4 games. Less than 10% of his assists are in the fourth.

To be fair, if winning really did matter then they would give it to Kawhi ;D

How could anyone except Warriors homers hate any team but Golden State.

They were a fucking 73 win team that would have won the champsionship had Draymond not gone full retard.

They were the best team ever.

And they literally ADDED the 2nd best player in the league while giving up nothing.

What they gave up for the 2nd best player in the league was negligible, at worst.

FUCK that team for eternity. Everything they win from now on will be an asterisk.

They added the 3rd best player - Curry's 2nd :)

But yeah I can see why other teams' fans hate them though. Although there are plenty of reasons to hate the Spurs too - they broke the hearts of several teams for the past 20 years.

Why is winning supposed to matter to get the MVP award? It's an individual award.

Of course the nigga gets tired in the 4th quarter. He's gotta do everything in the first 3 lmao. He say for like 6 minutes tonight and OKC was outscored 27-6, I think. He had 9 assists going into the final minutes, but didn't seek out that oh so special 10th one for a triple double. He's not a stat-padder. OKC needs every single thing he does for them to even have a shot at being in the game, much less winning it. You're not exactly helping your argument here.

Basketball is the only one of the three major American sports where being on one of the two or three best teams has been a prerequisite for MVP.

Right. And it's always been stupid.

Hitta93

Banned
No fuckery from Taj Gibson / Russell Westbrook presser.

Russell definitely needs help when the 4th quarter comes. Like damn, 2-11 (0-5 from 3) and outscored 27-9 when he was sitting is just going to lead him to miss those same looks eventually.

He has help.

I don't really know who to blame because there are moments when Westbrook is actually playing well as a PG then he goes into full hero mode. He did it in the last 3 losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom