• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Yeah, it's only one game. It won't mean shit if it's all knotted up again.

Just as long as that cretin Dedmon is not around.

Tommy DJ

The problem with starting Dedmon is that he gets into foul trouble really easily. He's not a pick and roll sieve like like Gasol and doesn't tilt like Aldridge but he's going to be in a lot of trouble with a team like the Rockets. He also doesn't have any real offensive game like Gasol and Aldridge when he wants to do something.

The Spurs are just too dependent on players who are just too old and inconsistent and don't have a real 2nd starting option on offense. Aldridge isn't a real 2nd option or analytic marval because he's an iso heavy player so the offense stalls, he isn't Jordan/Kobe where they've got the mentality shoot themselves out of slumps and his shot consistently good like Shaun "I don't need to shoot 3s" Livingston.

The problem with starting Dedmon is that he gets into foul trouble really easily. He's not a pick and roll sieve like like Gasol and doesn't tilt like Aldridge but he's going to be in a lot of trouble with a team like the Rockets. He also doesn't have any real offensive game like Gasol and Aldridge when he wants to do something.

The Spurs are just too dependent on players who are just too old and inconsistent and don't have a real 2nd starting option on offense. Aldridge isn't a real 2nd option or analytic marval because he isn't Jordan/Kobe where they've got the mentality shoot themselves out of slumps nor is his shot consistently good like Shaun "I don't need to shoot 3s" Livingston.

The Spurs can't be losing to the most basic Harden Capela pick n' rolls to lobs plays though. That's what gets the team going, makes all our 3s easy.

Tommy DJ

The Spurs can't be losing to the most basic Harden Capela pick n' rolls to lobs plays though. That's what gets the team going, makes all our 3s easy.

There's not much the Spurs can do. I guess they can play Dedmon and have him foul out in the 1st half but the Spurs will still have the same issue in the 2nd half. And if the Rockets shoot at least 40% from 3, the Spurs are still going to get shot out of the building because the offense is too inconsistent to match the Houston starters. If I'm not wrong, the Rockets only lost by single digits last time despite shooting sub-20% from 3.

Its mostly why I wanted the Spurs just rebuild this season around Murray/Bertans/Anderson. Yeah they have the 2nd best regular season record but Gasol/Lee/Parker/Aldridge are going to get worked by any good pick and roll combination and that's a problem when Gasol and Aldridge are, in theory, important to the overall offense. And, well, both the Rockets and Warriors have very good pick and rolls.

Line_HTX

Oh my God, I cannot hate on Popovich. He's cracking all these jokes at the podium, even pulling the ol' Fake News bit, LMAO

Eos

Spurs probably would've won if Kawhi was as good as first team option Lamarcus "arguably better than Kawhi" Aldridge

r041eO6.png

Fuck, Kawhi looks so fucking sad, that actually hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom