• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...

2 Chainz and Ben Wallace basically the same height and this man was a DPOY at Center. My God how? I've watched highlights and even full games, but god damn???

Long ass arms and freak athleticism. It's why you see teams now put as much stock into wingspan and standing reach as raw height when scouting defenders and rim protectors.

Sanjuro

Morning show suggested a theme of IT losing his tooth throughout the rest of the playoffs. Each time going off on the opponents.

Quick question...

2 Chainz and Ben Wallace basically the same height and this man was a DPOY at Center. My God how? I've watched highlights and even full games, but god damn???

ca1552d297efc27466f97f8bea3c0fb4.jpg

61TJlPgObSL.jpg

200px-BenWallaceCavs.jpg

spopistons10.jpg

ben-wallace-detroit-pistons-nba-5-mcfarlane-6.jpg

ben-wallace-cavs-sitting-200.jpg

Add a gritty, no one-star Pistons team that prided itself on it's defense.

Man guarded 2004 Shaq, and could actually do it

Another example

The Return?

Pop's in a good mood

reggie-miller-bow-o.gif

Damn straight!

EDIT - Stupid gif didn't work...

Patrick Beverley is a 6'1'' shooting guard (basically) who can play off ball, will set screens, move the ball and handle it if need be, act as a secondary creator, but also get to his spots. He ended up, after years of searching, being the perfect Harden complement.

There's a reason Westbrook + Harden, or WB + Durant, wasn't as ideal as it could have been. Curry's ability to play off ball is what really separates him from the other major point guards

Curry
Hayward
Kemba
Battum
Frank the tank
Lamb 🐐

I don't know the hornets roster lol

It's Kemba, Batum, Zeller, Frank the tank, Lamb, MKG, and I'm done. Kemba is great, Batum is a great tertiary max, Zeller was the difference between them being great and then being terrible after his injury, MKG idk, and Lamb is one of the better rebounding guards in the league.

Started 19-15. Terrible back-up point guard. Cody Zeller is great for them, does all the little things in terms of screens, passes, when to score, defense, etc.

But more than anything, they were really fucking unlucky this year. They had a positive point differential (AKA: on average scored more points than opponent), and had a losing record. They went 0-6 in OT games. After the Zeller injury, they went 3-17. They led the lead by a significant margin in terms of blown 4th quarter leads. 50/50 games went against them at an abnormal rate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ben...4IJCgA&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=yZ15R5In7KPPXM:

China, it seems

Ben Wallace was terrible offensively, you were playing 4 vs 5 with him.

Tbh, that's a major part of it too. It's hard to be a DPOY level player and have a big role offensively.

His offense wasn't good at all but man he was a GOAT level defensive anchor during his Detroit stint. Such a high impact player from someone who only plays on one side of the ball.

LionPride

Banned
Ben Wallace was terrible offensively, you were playing 4 vs 5 with him.

Tbh, that's a major part of it too. It's hard to be a DPOY level player and have a big role offensively.

Kawhi(2), KG, D12(3), Marc, Artest, Zo, GP, Hakeem(2), Dikembe(4) and 13.5/11.2 I know, but still...), Admiral, MJ, Sidney Moncreif, and Alvin Robertson had a decent to big role offensively

phanphare

Banned
It's Kemba, Batum, Zeller, Frank the tank, Lamb, MKG, and I'm done. Kemba is great, Batum is a great tertiary max, Zeller was the difference between them being great and then being terrible after his injury, MKG idk, and Lamb is one of the better rebounding guards in the league.

Started 19-15. Terrible back-up point guard. Cody Zeller is great for them, does all the little things in terms of screens, passes, when to score, defense, etc.

But more than anything, they were really fucking unlucky this year. They had a positive point differential (AKA: on average scored more points than opponent), and had a losing record. They went 0-6 in OT games. After the Zeller injury, they went 3-17. They led the lead by a significant margin in terms of blown 4th quarter leads. 50/50 games went against them at an abnormal rate.

yeah this season was no fun once january rolled around

Kawhi(2), KG, D12(3), Marc, Artest, Zo, GP, Hakeem(2), Dikembe(4) and 13.5/11.2 I know, but still...), Admiral, MJ, Sidney Moncreif, and Alvin Robertson had a decent to big role offensively

Duncan and 2013 Lebron also deserved one.

Arguably Dennis Rodman. He did everything offensively as expected EXCEPT score

I wonder what a Rodman type would do against these Warriors. Rebounds like crazy, small quick and strong, more than 5 offensive rebounds per game, etc. Being able to sag off him though would make the Warriors offense great

LionPride

Banned
Duncan and 2013 Lebron also deserved one.

Arguably Dennis Rodman. He did everything offensively as expected EXCEPT score

I wonder what a Rodman type would do against these Warriors. Rebounds like crazy, small quick and strong, more than 5 offensive rebounds per game, etc. Being able to sag off him though would make the Warriors offense great

If Rodman was on a team like the Jazz...switchin on defense, possible lobs constantly, small pocket passes in the paint...lowkey could average like 11/15

teepo

this boston team is downlow dirty

which one of my wiz is going to get injured next?

edit: lol just as i was typing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom