• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call someone averaging 17/11 last season a role player. Aldridge is arguably better than Kawhi, just sacrificing stats because of the Spurs system. David Lee isn't a scrub. Parker/Ginobili are old but aren't scrubs by any means.

I'll just say if you were to trade any of the other players I listed above Kawhi outside of Durant(roles are similar, but Durant is a better isolation scorer and facilitator), every team would get worse.

This is why I don't like going into sports threads on GAF.

I mean, I understand the whole "run an offense" shtick but...

After LeBron, I'll build around Kahwi before Curry. Kahwi hasn't even reached his potential at all, he can still can better scoring.

I mean, I understand the whole "run an offense" shtick but...

After LeBron, I'll build around Kahwi before Curry. Kahwi hasn't even reached his potential at all, he can still can better scoring.

Yeah...Please stop this. Stop. Curry was like +1015 this year. In a down year. He's a back to back MVP. He breaks defenses just by being on the floor and at the end of the day scoring and playmaking are the most important parts of the game for an individual player.

LeBron
Curry
KD

Everyone else.

Yeah...Please stop this. Stop. Curry was like +1015 this year. In a down year. He's a back to back MVP. He breaks defenses just by being on the floor and at the end of the day scoring and playmaking are the most important parts of the game for an individual player.

LeBron
Curry
KD

Everyone else.
The tag.

I'm dead

If the Clips can't take advantage of a Jazz team w/ no Gobert, while at home, and fully stocked w/ healthy players.... how would this game have turned out if Gobert was playing?
Would CP3 have almost no points, since most I've seen were in the paint at the rim...

Clips need to get it together and win these first 2 games, before they find out Gobert will play again in Utah on their own home court.

pislit

If the Clips can't take advantage of a Jazz team w/ no Gobert, while at home, and fully stocked w/ healthy players.... how would this game have turned out if Gobert was playing?
Would CP3 have almost no points, since most I've seen were in the paint at the rim...

Clips need to get it together and win these first 2 games, before they find out Gobert will play again in Utah on their own home court.

they dont have the real mvp austin rivers

Gigglepoo

It's an indictment on Doc Rivers' coaching ability that Blake isn't a top 5 player. Dude should be contending for MVP every season.

LeBron
Curry
KD

Everyone else.

I value defense over scoring. I would pick KD over Kahwi tho

I value defense over scoring. I would pick KD over Kahwi tho

1. Not all scoring is created equal.

2. Curry's defense isn't bad.

3. Curry's offense creates opportunities for his teammates that destroys pretty much any defense including the Spurs.

When Kawhi is top 3 playmaker in the NBA let me know. Until then his ability to effect the game will never be on a LeBron/Curry level.

Servbot24

Banned

3. Curry's offense creates opportunities for his teammates that destroys pretty much any defense including the Spurs.

When Kawhi is top 3 playmaker in the NBA let me know. Until then his ability to effect the game will never be on a LeBron/Curry level.

Not to mention choosing great defense over great offense is insanity in the NBA. Great offense can't be stopped by great defense.

Gigglepoo

Not to mention choosing great defense over great offense is insanity in the NBA. Great offense can't be stopped by great defense.

hibbert-block-cj-zero.gif

I'll just say that I'd prefer a consistent defense on a nightly basis over an offense that could drop 50 from a single player. You can grind it out on defense, you can't on offense.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Are my Jazz really trying to make this happen? No Gobert, at the staples center? Damn right.

Looking at that gif reminded me that Paul George was number 24 ... he is such a lame changing his number to 13 so his nick name could be PG-13

Why are the Clips all of a sudden live or die by the 3?
why not stick to what's been working? take it inside., now you're down by 5 instead of possibly up or down by 1.

So Griffin makes both free throws, and those are his first and only points of the entire 4th quarter. I know he didn't come back in till the 6:30 mark, but damn, there are less than 24 seconds left in the game, and that's his contribution to this 4th quarter push. LOL

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Jesus, if the Clips somehow get by the Jazz the Warriors are going to smash them in historic fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom