• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandson

Casey is fucking terrible, and Raptors fans have been wanting him to get fired for a while. His players doing most of the work in taking them to 50+ wins is why he's still there

They have the hotline on Jerry Stackhouse, might want to consider not even risking losing both, even if they can get another good candidate that they might prefer.

They should totally give Stackhouse a shot unless a hall of fame-level coach falls out of the sky. Whatever coaching Casey is doing is clearly not enough to get over the hump. The Raptors have a good roster. Time to let someone else have a chance to rewrite the playbook.

The Raptors always look terrible in the playoffs because the other team has time to prepare for what the Raptors are doing to a greater extent than what is possible in the regular season. With preparation, almost any coach in the league can draw up game plans to defeat everything the Raptors are doing.

I'm talking about lebron, but with harden it seems pretty obvious that when he is having a bad shooting night he will use free throws and shoot more to try and get back into a rhythm. Sometimes during the regular season it's just better if our shooters keep chucking and eventually start hitting, even if at that moment they're missing a lot

Oh I misunderstood you, I thought you were talking about Harden being a better FT shooter than overall shooter lol I know Harden takes a lot of contested shots, but I always wondered if he shouldn't be a more consistent jump shooter than he is. Everything is there, but when you look at the averages he's good but not great, which always puzzled me. Maybe it's the tough shots.

And not to take anything away from the Cavs who are surprisingly playing great team ball, but this is a fucking embarrassing no show by the Raptors. The one that 100% should get the coach fired before the end of the series.

I mean, do they even make the playoffs in the west? I don't see it.

They would make it. They have one elite player in Lowry, one top 20 player in DDR (he'd possibly be top 10 if he could shoot 3s and play team defense better), and a very good supporting cast. They'd be a 5-8 seed in the west easily.

Contrary to popular opinion the east isn't as weak as people make it out to be. The records of the teams the cavs beat to make it to the finals the last two years has been better than the records of the teams the warriors beat.

Statistically, the west is very top heavy but the teams slugging it out for 4-8 are generally worse than or the same as those in the east.

mjp2417

Banned
LBJ looks better than ever.

That resting for the regular season for the playoffs thing is no joke. He's about to go to his seventh straight finals, he knows exactly what he has to do in the regular season. It's not laziness or age, just being smart.

I don't think this has that much to do with rest, especially given his mpg during the regular season. LeBron's jump shot was borderline broken throughout most of his first two seasons in Cleveland. It's not broken this year. LeBron with a functioning jump shot is always going to put up huge numbers on absurd efficiency.

I don't think this has that much to do with rest, especially given his mpg during the regular season. LeBron's jump shot was borderline broken throughout most of his first two seasons in Cleveland. It's not broken this year. LeBron with a functioning jump shot is always going to put up huge numbers on absurd efficiency.

Weird how he's improving his efficiency so much with jump shots and going down the shitter with free throws

I don't think it can be denied that he is taking it too another level in the playoffs though. Very laid back attitude for a lot of the regular season games.

Does anyone think that he couldn't have gotten the MVP if he really wanted it?

TTG

Fraudriza can't take advantage of Aldridge on offense, Pau aging like a fine sauvignon blanc.

Here we go Spursies, here we go.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
They would make it. They have one elite player in Lowry, one top 20 player in DDR (he'd possibly be top 10 if he could shoot 3s and play team defense better), and a very good supporting cast. They'd be a 5-8 seed in the west easily.

Contrary to popular opinion the east isn't as weak as people make it out to be. The records of the teams the cavs beat to make it to the finals the last two years has been better than the records of the teams the warriors beat.

Statistically, the west is very top heavy but the teams slugging it out for 4-8 are generally worse than or the same as those in the east.

Nah. I'd take the Blazers over the Raptors in 6.

Hahaha Harden crumbling tonight.

Commissioner Silver in attendance, no bullshit from you tonight Harden. Refs ain't trying to get benched for supporting your antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom