• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Their defense really hasn't been the problem. These LeBron + shooters lineups are going to light up just about anyone.

Except that their switching is inept, their rotations are amateur, they have no rim protection and their discipline is non-existent. Aside from that, no problem.

Where was Raptors defense ranked this year? Watching this...looks like a dumpster fire and that is being generous.

They allowed 104.9 points in the regular season, which means they're tied with New Orleans for 7th place. For context, Cleveland tied Brooklyn for 17th place with 108 points.

As a poster above said, defense isn't really the problem; these snipers are. Also, Korver is going nuts on this team!

Tom Penny

Except that their switching is inept, their rotations are amateur, they have no rim protection and their discipline is non-existent. Aside from that, no problem.

Cavs have literally zero problem running through the East on shooting alone..it won't be some total change in the Finals. Zero teams can out shoot them in the East or even come close. GS gets cold they are losing just the same. Teams can get the same 3's that the Cavs get but they cannot hit them at that clip.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Cavs have literally zero problem running through the East on shooting alone..it won't be some total change in the Finals. Zero teams can out shoot them in the East or even come close. GS gets cold they are losing just the same.

Most of these shots the cavs are making are almost completely uncontested - that is bad defense. Help comes late and is soft and then rotations are incredibly slow getting back to shooters. I mean, it looks amateur and I don't think it matters who could be shooting against them.

FZZ

Banned
Most of these shots the cavs are making are almost completely uncontested - that is bad defense. Help comes late and is soft and then rotations are incredibly slow getting back to shooters. I mean, it looks amateur and I don't think it matters who could be shooting against them.

Cavs have shot very well on contested shots this whole series so idk what you're saying

Tom Penny

Raptors get uncontested 3's left and right and shoot like total fucking garbage...that's the difference. Celtics get wide open 3's all the time..they are lucky to hit 40% 2 out of 10 games on their volume.

FZZ

Banned
What's funny to me is that the Rockets should be shooting as well as the Cavs are rn against the Spurs

but they can't and are shooting like 20-30%

Poor Harden lmao

What? I'm not ignoring that. My point is simply how come the narrative about Lebron is always about him playing in shit teams when he hasn't played in a shit team for a fucking long time? Yeah that Cavs team sucked, Lebron got in the Finals because he's a great player. Great for him! But that doesn't mean he always needs more help, or that it's always about how epic of him beating another juggernaut by himself. It's obnoxious, it's like eating a very good pie and barely chewing and instead going OMFG THIS IS SO GOOOOOD every 2 seconds.

Reducing him to "very good" is, lol

Is someone still arguing for the fact that the NBA is in a healthy place? Not competitively. Three teams that can win the title, one conference is a complete dumpster fire and the other isn't a whole lot better. The best player in the league (By far) changes teams whenever his roster starts to age and guarantees himself a Finals birth every year. Other teams in the conference have either one good player or none at all and can't compete. What a snoozefest. Hopefully Finals will be entertaining. Usually someone even plays defense at that time. Always a nice addition to the playoffs.

Boogs31

Ignoring how the Cavs managed to score in game 6 is, lol

They scored a lot because the Warriors offense was all out of sorts. The Cavs got a lot of transition opportunities. They also made a nice adjustment in Thompson's positioning to get him some easy alley oop opportunities. Bogut's absence allowed for some of those alley oops. And LeBron was incredible.

Is someone still arguing for the fact that the NBA is in a healthy place? Not competitively. Three teams that can win the title, one conference is a complete dumpster fire and the other isn't a whole lot better. The best player in the league (By far) changes teams whenever his roster starts to age and guarantees himself a Finals birth every year. Other teams in the conference have either one good player or none at all and can't compete. What a snoozefest. Hopefully Finals will be entertaining. Usually someone even plays defense at that time. Always a nice addition to the playoffs.

the NBA has always, historically, been very top heavy and superstar driven. There is no argument as to whether or not the NBA is in a "healthy place". It absolutely is.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
V5LGI5T.png

Austin Rivers for Porzingis confirmed.

Alabaster Ewing making waves?

Don't give lolowry the max
That's what the raptors should do this off season

Play a team that isn't garbage, watch what'll happen
How can you play lazy , just go for the kill

Nice for the Raptors to do something to get those fans a little hype, the loyal ones, spending all the money to be there.

I know that feel. Hang in there Kave and Creeper

Ronin Ray

There have been four losses in 2,551 games when a team had a 25 point lead in the NFL regular season...so yeah...ATL wins choke title since it was also the SB..Include the playoffs and the odds are much better at 6 out of 2,647 games..0.22 percent.

The warriors won 73 games the best NBA record ever had the first ever unanimous mvp and were the defending Champs and lost the finals after going up 3-1. They only had to win one more game and lost 3 straight. The falcons who choke all the time lost one game to the greatest coach and qb in NFL history. To me it's not even close .

The league's always been top heavy. Always.

Ronin Ray

The nba has always been top heavy stacked. The league went 10 years where only the Celtics and Lakers won a championship. The ratings are up the players are making more and the league is stacked and loaded with young talent. This is the best the nba has been in awhile. Look at the amazing mvp race this year

FZZ

Banned
LeBron with a decent 3 shot and good FT percentage....Warriors aren't going to sweep this team.

I mean if Kyrie and Love (mainly Love since Kyrie has been a good facilitator this series) continue to be non-factors they will

It's funny because watching LeBron & TT + Bench seems much better than when Kyrie or Love are on the floor

I mean if Kyrie and Love (mainly Love since Kyrie has been a good facilitator this series) continue to be non-factors they will

It's funny because watching LeBron & TT + Bench seems much better than when Kyrie or Love are on the floor

I've also been wondering this. As soon as the bench comes in they just start going off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom