• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeP

These playoffs fucking suck

Spurs - Rockets has been a great series. So have Celtics vs Wizards. I really enjoyed watching Grizzlies and Bulls too. Cavs sweeped Pacers but I think 2-3 of those games were REALLY close. Were fun to watch, imo.

spyder_ur

This crowd is terrible. Your team just went on a million to 2 run.

I love Smart, but I'd be fine benching him for Rozier until he's ready to take care of the ball. What a joke.

FZZ

Banned
I'm thinking long term fam

Need Celtics to win this series so they get swept by Cavs, so Cavs can have as much rest as possible in order to have their best chance against Warriors

Y'all need to think

Fuck the Warriors

FZZ

Banned
I still think LeBron would dad dick the Wizards if they win the series

Y'all forget they coasted regular season

jman2050

I don't get the Celtics.

They're a mediocre team with a brilliant coach and great offense-first PG that collectively plays hard every game, a formula that translates to plenty of regular season wins but inevitably fails in the playoffs where talent trumps effort.

Ragnarok

Spurs - Rockets has been a great series. So have Celtics vs Wizards. I really enjoyed watching Grizzlies and Bulls too. Cavs sweeped Pacers but I think 2-3 of those games were REALLY close. Were fun to watch, imo.

How has the Rockets/Spurs series been great? It's been unwatchable. 1 halfway decent game where the Spurs always seemed like they'd win and two thirty point blowouts.

They're a mediocre team with a brilliant coach and great offense-first PG that collectively plays hard every game, a formula that translates to plenty of regular season wins but inevitably fails in the playoffs where talent trumps effort.

Careful, like Pat Riley says, series doesnt start until a team wins a road game

It's not like I think particularly highly of Washington either. Or any east team without Lebron really.

Wizards have a flat out top tier starting lineup that could keep up with almost any team in the NBA, imo. But their bench, even with Jennings, Bogdanovic, Jason Smith, and Mahinmi all there, just suuuuucks

Tom Penny

Can't believe Smart keeps getting minutes over Brown. Brown can at least hit a shot.

It's absurd. Rozier and Jaylen should be stealing Crowder and Smart minutes. AB Crowder and Smart play huge minutes and shoot 6/26. I would legit walk away from Marcus Smart and double someone if he's on the perimeter.

Boogs31

Wizards have a flat out top tier starting lineup that could keep up with almost any team in the NBA, imo. But their bench, even with Jennings, Bogdanovic, Jason Smith, and Mahinmi all there, just suuuuucks

The biggest problem Brooks has is he plays 4 or 5 man bench units. If he mixed in the bench guys with his quality starters more it wouldn't be as glaring of an issue. Mahinmi can replace Gortat and they don't lose much. Same with Bogdanovich replacing Porter. Even Oubre replacing Morris isn't a huge dropoff except they lose Markieff's face up game. Jennings is terrible and should not play. They should really play an eight man rotation, their 5 starters plus Mahinmi, Bogdanovich and Oubre, with Sataransky getting just a couple minutes each half.

The biggest problem Brooks has is he plays 4 or 5 man bench units. If he mixed in the bench guys with his quality starters more it wouldn't be as glaring of an issue. Mahinmi can replace Gortat and they don't lose much. Same with Bogdanovich replacing Porter. Even Oubre replacing Morris isn't a huge dropoff except they lose Markieff's face up game. Jennings is terrible and should not play. They should really play an eight man rotation, their 5 starters plus Mahinmi, Bogdanovich and Oubre, with Sataransky getting just a couple minutes each half.

Beal + Bogdanovich + Smith + Mahinmi can give Wall some rest, but yeah, seriously, 8 or 9 man rotation is common for a reason

They're not taking them, but the Rockets seem to at least be threatening the mid-range a little more. Ryno, Harden, and Nene, along with the Capela hook shot, can all make it at a good rate from there (I actually love seeing Ryno and Harden step-backs, miss them).

Is Wall the 2nd most dangerous transition player in the East?

(LeBron would be number 1)

Wall, Lebron, and Westbrook are probably tied for number 1.

spyder_ur

It's absurd. Rozier and Jaylen should be stealing Crowder and Smart minutes. AB Crowder and Smart play huge minutes and shoot 6/26. I would legit walk away from Marcus Smart and double someone if he's on the perimeter.

I'm a believer in a consistent rotation and also in Smart but enough is enough. You can live with limited shooting, but the turnovers are totally unacceptable.

Tom Penny

I'm a believer in a consistent rotation and also in Smart but enough is enough. You can live with limited shooting, but the turnovers are totally unacceptable.

Brad rolled out Amir and Smart at the same time. 3 on 5 right there depending on what other bums were out there.

teepo

this.

the bench hinges on whether mahinmi is healthy or not. during the 2nd half, our bench became the defensive anchor of the team when he and oubre were on the floor together.

Capela is out of his mind with how smart he's played this entire series. Had a great game 3.

LeBron
Wall
Giannis
Kyrie
Kemba
Lin

Fuck how did I forget Giannis.

Nah, Giannis might already be number 1. Nothing to convince me that Giannis in transition is very guardable in any way shape or form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom