• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pringles will win COTY and Gordon will win 6th Man then voters will be like we've given enough Rockets awards this year and give the MVP to someone less deserving.

legend166

Speaking of parity, you could probably get it by doing two things:

1. Hard cap
2. Remove max salary limits for individual players (or increase it so you can only afford one max player per team).

The problem for the league (and the fans by extension) - is it actually more interesting if you had the best 30 players all on different teams?

TTG

Why does LBJ have to send out his condolences publically to every player that's going through personal things? Does this dude really need to make a video for every player that has been going through something ?

He can't just hit them up privately ? Patrick Beverley is apparently a "close friend" but he's making a video and putting it out publicly to wish him well. Why does he need people to like him so much ?

Lebron with somewhat disingenuous and awkward marketing/pr? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

What success has D'Antoni brought the Rockets that McHale didn't? They are gonna get bounced out of the semis or conference final the same way they got bounced out under McHale.
I'm going to assume you don't know much about McHale

And stop you right there

McHale can't draw a play to save his life. He's a players coach at best, one that lost his players and never really developed a chemistry within the team. Daryl Morey didn't fucking think the coach position was that important to what the team does and what it's philosophy was when McHale was hired. Kevin McHale was fucking terrible

Spoelstra was fucking amazing for the 2nd 41 games, and if the outing wasn't close I would want to give it to him. But dantoni helped bring about a whole culture change, Quin Snyder won 51 with a crew that was untested and always injured, and pop won 61 with 1 star and a bunch of players who at the verge least, don't seem like they should have won 61. Honestly, imo, it goes to Snyder, the jazz missed a ridiculous amount to key players being injured

TTG

I'm going to assume you don't know much about McHale

And stop you right there

McHale can't draw a play to save his life. He's a players coach at best, one that lost his players and never really developed a chemistry within the team. Daryl Morey didn't fuckong thing the coach position was that important to what the team does and what it's philosophy was. Kevin McHale was fucking terrible

Hey man, you're about to buy a first class seat to destination fucked. Trashing McHale? You want to stomp on some puppies next?

Poor Jazz. GS is going to be on vacation until the winner of HOU/SA is decided, which is likely going to go 7 games. Whomever wins will have the fortune of being swept out of the conference finals by a rested Warriors team.

Poor Jazz. GS is going to be on vacation until the winner of HOU/SA is decided, which is likely going to go 7 games. Whomever wins will have the fortune of being swept out of the conference finals by a rested Warriors team.

Spurs won't go out THAT soft and Harden will have one of those games where he ends up to the line 30+ times .

But yeah... 2 Ls tops

Spurs won't go out THAT soft and Harden will have one of those games where he ends up to the line 30+ times .

But yeah... 2 Ls tops
I still stand by prediction that both GS and CLE will come out 12-0. None of the remaining teams have shown they have the ability to win a game against their opponent except maybe the Wizards against the Cavs, but even then that's questionable.

What sucker ass team will give McGee a crazy contract ?

Or does he stay with warriors on a discount ?

He has to stay, dude would be stupid to leave. Just keep winning with this team. He will get money and win. Though it will be less, but still those wins and possible chips

I still stand by prediction that both GS and CLE will come out 12-0. None of the remaining teams have shown they have the ability to win a game against their opponent except maybe the Wizards against the Cavs, but even then that's questionable.

Totally possible but Warriors have had fits with both rox and Spurs and Cavs have been challenged by Cs.

Hopefully conference finals are at least a bit more interesting

Tommy DJ

The Spurs will try but let's be honest, the only way Golden State loses a single game against them is if Green, Aldridge and Leonard go nuclear in the exact same game. This isn't the regular season anymore. Golden State's defense doesn't have significant weaknesses like the Spurs have and the Spurs offense just can't keep up.

I'd actually put more money on the Rockets taking a game or two because of the sheer variability of their game. They have the actual ability to run anyone out of the building if they start landing shots.

Its not like the Spurs haven't been swept before, Shaq's Lakers completely creamed them that year.

I don't follow the Warriors trade/ pick up moves that often, but how long has Matt Barnes been on the team? Thought I saw a damn ghost for a second.

The Spurs will try but let's be honest, the only way Golden State loses a single game against them is if Green, Aldridge and Leonard go nuclear in the exact same game. This isn't the regular season anymore. Golden State's defense doesn't have significant weaknesses like the Spurs have and the Spurs offense just can't keep up.

I'd actually put more money on the Rockets because of the sheer variability of their game.

Its not like the Spurs haven't been swept before, Shaq's Lakers completely creamed them that year.
Kawhi about to find out the hard way what Timmy went through.

Does Mike Brown (and Kerr) enjoy going small to give the other team hope?

It's mind boggling when the big dudes are playing so well yet they decide to go small early without hesitation.

TTG

I don't follow the Warriors trade/ pick up moves that often, but how long has Matt Barnes been on the team? Thought I saw a damn ghost for a second.

They picked him up when Durant went out with a knee. I guess he's still in that role going in the game when KD is in foul trouble.

This is the dumb ish that will get Warriors in trouble in the finals.

Try to get cute with DWest at the 5 when he's not giving you anything

bryt

First time actually watching the NBA playoffs. Why is everyone game a blowout? Even the 2-2 series have been a blowout every game.

Ronin Ray

Why does LBJ have to send out his condolences publically to every player that's going through personal things? Does this dude really need to make a video for every player that has been going through something ?

He can't just hit them up privately ? Patrick Beverley is apparently a "close friend" but he's making a video and putting it out publicly to wish him well. Why does he need people to like him so much ?

I read this in skip Bayless voice. then thought who cares and gets bothered by stuff like this?

iso135

In honor of the Draymond comments about Olynyk I just watched a 4+ minute Draymond "highlight reel" of attacks on other players (and even a ref).

Takes one to know one I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom