• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon

This may be a stupid question but I'm curious. Why is the majority of the playoff schedule so far scheduled as playing a game in the series every other day but then in the Celtic's series they have 2 day breaks in between a couple of their games. I'm going to assume it's a TV thing but that just seems odd.

Ronin Ray

This may be a stupid question but I'm curious. Why is the majority of the playoff schedule so far scheduled as playing a game in the series every other day but then in the Celtic's series they have 2 day breaks in between a couple of their games. I'm going to assume it's a TV thing but that just seems odd.

Boston is the beacon of light that washes away the unclean taint that is the rest of the nba. They must be put on a pedestal and revered. I honestly have no clue. Probably a TV schedule thing

spyder_ur

Ray was a better player than Reggie. They're comparable in many ways, but I think the difference is that Ray was more dynamic as a ball handler, playmaker, and passer, and he was slightly more athletic which made him a better rebounder and defender. It's close though.

Derwind

So, update on the Raptors:

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/861656537374351363

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/861656983346327552

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/861584323899686913

https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/861584860795850753

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/861650090557132800

On Lowry

Bleacher Report - Kyle Lowry Reportedly Considering Move to Western Conference in NBA Free Agency

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/861361572928786432

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/861617331444862980

Damn, seems like this bromance is getting broken up.
giphy.gif

I could see him on the Jazz or Spurs given a discount, or the Nuggets or Mavs otherwise.

I'd rather Casey pack his stuff in a box and hitchhike his ass out of Toronto.

Though keeping both Lowry & Ibaka is going to be a problem $$$-wise either way.

Tom Penny

I don't think Reggie was better than Ray. I can't speak on who was the better defender but I think Ray was a more versatile offensive player for sure.

Everyone hates Ray because after game 2 of the 2010 finals he was garbage
Had he been not shit and made at least 1 FG in game 3 the Celtics might have won in 5

But they went back to LA

I don't blame Ray for going to Miami , dude was getting old and wanted a ring. Ainge tried to trade him many times x wasn't gonna pay him so I'd leave too.

I'd rather Casey pack his stuff in a box and hitchhike his ass out of Toronto.

Though keeping both Lowry & Ibaka is going to be a problem $$$-wise either way.

How does Lowry think going to the West will help his chances at getting a ring? Not only does that conference have the best team, it's also stacked with a lot more top tier teams. In the East, the only stop is Cleveland. If anything goes on with LeBron, then it's a free-for-all in that conference.

His best bet would be to stay put or go play with Paul George or Giannis in the East instead.

Barrage

I believe its because the Washington Capitals are still in the NHL playoffs abd share the same arena as the Wizards.

So what's the formula to beating LeBron anyway? I'm thinking the old Pacers team or Mavs team (not including the Warriors preDurant). I guess Spurs too? Basically someone who can at least slow him down defensively and then a 7ft center who isn't garbage?

neptunes

So what's the formula to beating LeBron anyway? I'm thinking the old Pacers team or Mavs team (not including the Warriors preDurant). I guess Spurs too? Basically someone who can at least slow him down defensively and then a 7ft center who isn't garbage?

Any team with a physically gifted, defensive minded small forward. Igoudala, or Kawhi Leonard. That and 2 other All stars...

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Make him actually have to do something on defense (which will wear him down). He is basically napping on the defensive end throughout the eastern conference playoffs. In the finals though he is basically the only one on the team who has the skills to guard Durant so he will be forced to do so. If I"m the Warriors I relentlessly attack through Durant and then be fine with LeBron turning into a low % volume shooter. He'll get his points but be under 40%.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm curious to see how Lebron does in the finals assuming he faces the Warriors. Throwing Iggy, Dray, and KD at him is gonna be draining.

Tom Penny

Have a team with equal talent. The East hasn't had one in 7 years.

I am ready to beat the rockets in 7 and then get swept by the warriors. Where's your pride spurs fans ?? I also want LMA to have some great games so his trade value can go up a bit
Eh, I'm just worried they're going to get blitzkrieged again, and the big men will slow down. I'd love for them to advance, but I'm just doubtful they'll keep the Rockets from exploding the next 2 out of 3 games.

I'm curious to see how Lebron does in the finals assuming he faces the Warriors. Throwing Iggy, Dray, and KD at him is gonna be draining.
If he beats this Warriors team he deserves to be number #2 on the GOAT list.

Tom Penny

He will do fine. The edge goes to GS because KD will obliterate anyone not named Lebron guarding him were they could just put Lebron on Dray or Iggy before and he wouldn't expend a ton of energy. The teams are a lot closer than people think. I see all these wide open 3's Utah clanks..and think if that was the Cavs the way they are shooting.

Spurs decimated the man. It was embarassing how great they were. Thats the gameplan. Nag him defensively and run a 4 or 5 men offense.

Line_HTX

Popovich: "I was expecting a question about (James) Comey. ... I heard he can really shoot. But the rules don't allow us to sign anybody."

😂😂

So watching Area 21 with the Celtics reunion. Why is Kendrick Perkins talking as if he was still on the team when Ray left? The dude was with the Thunder no?

Patty Mills is starting. Gordon is starting, Ryno coming off the bench.

Without Nene Houston has no hope. Lee and Gasol are going to run wild on the boards all game.

We finally found a lineup that worked against their Pau + LMA two bigs lineup, Harden/Beverley/Gordon/Ariza/Capela. Capela and Harden guard the big men, Ariza guards Kawhi, Beverley Mills, and Gordon Danny Green. That being said, their small ball lineups, with Kawhi as power forward and one of LMA or David Lee (only when Kawhi is also out there) lineup worked pretty well against it, although it was more even than a decisive advantage.

And our 5 shooters lineups, while not ideal, either feature: four guards, when not against Kawhi, which ensures at least one mismatch, Kawi not being able to guard the entire perimeter, let us long rebound more often, and is still decent at driving inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom