• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
All I want in this world is for Shutdown Fullcast to get the props it deserves, Mickstape to become the only thing that matters from Barstool Sports, and KG to have an uncensored Area 21 where this shit happens.

Please

No one on the Celtics is as valuable as Gobert.

Hayward built the team and probably doesn't want to leave right when it starts paying off.

His family loves it here, and so does he.

He'd be the most beloved player since Stockton.

Most money and years for staying in Utah.

I'm not saying it's 0% chance. But I wouldn't be counting on him going elsewhere.

No one on the Celtics is as valuable as Gobert.

Hayward built the team and probably doesn't want to leave right when it starts paying off.

His family loves it here, and so does he.

He'd be the most beloved player since Stockton.

Most money and years for staying in Utah.

I'm not saying it's 0% chance. But I wouldn't be counting on him going elsewhere.

Stevens will convince him.

legend166

Fixed it for you.

Holy crap. This team is so ridiculously good.

fgWhJo0.png

Backfire!

I appreciate there are two Australians on that list.

Ingles, Exum and Mills need to up their cheap shot game.

FZZ

Banned
If rockets win and advance to WCF

James Harden will be the best player in that series

Mark my words brehs

JAMES HARDEN WITH THE RANGE NIGGA WAY BACK

Very true but this guys luck with being injury free may be the most impressive feat of his entire career.

This is true, but the point still stands. If anything happens to the Cavs you have a much easier path to the finals. If somehow the Warriors get decimated by injuries there are still some very good teams left in the West.

Gobert has the old Warriors logo cut in his head

He cut that into his head for Game 3... not sure what he was going for exactly.
pre-pay on a losing bet? begging to take Zaza's spot next season? ...who knows.

That last Jazz 'dunk' was a perfect ending to this series.

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and the place erupted in laughter. It was certainly a punctuation mark to their efforts.

Curry's tattoos look dumb

I always figured it was some sort of charm tats that gave him some voodoo 3pt magic or something. the power with which his cheat code auto aim is binded to him.

as a matter of fact, he might want to go get his next enchanted symbol so that he is supercharged for the WCF and NBA Finals.

beat

Signed a toaster? Huh. Can someone explain this to me?

Klay and Draymond signed a toaster for a fan, but it went viral because of Klay's befuddled expression: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/3/14/14921374/klay-thompson-signed-a-toaster-warriors-nba

After that, they've been undefeated. (OK, technically they lost one, but that happened to be the game that Klay sat for rest, so since Klay signed the toaster, the Dubs have been undefeated in games he's played.)

TTG

If Gordon Hayward is all about winning, he could do better in Utah. Another year to build continuity, and mostly important a healthy year, could land them in a bracket where they wouldn't have to face the Warriors until the conference finals.

Getting to the western conference finals is a major accomplishment, better players than Hayward haven't done it. It's nonsense to project that far forward, but they could potentially do it and who knows what the Warriors will look like by then. KD and Steph aren't bionic like Lebron, circumstances change and attitudes sour. Remember last year when the Clippers had a shot for like 30 minutes before Paul and Blake both went out?

Area 21: these Celtics guys are salty. When ray minutes were getting taken were they standing up for him? Didn't hear one of them said hey I stood up for you. I think ray felt like... fuck it! If I'm not good enough to play for this team I will play for someone who wants and understands what I can bring to a team. The way it was described is he was the reason the heat won the title. His leadership and the way took care of his body trickled down to everyone.

There were some behind the scenes shit going on too... I remember reading an article about how the guys would show up for Ray's functions in support but he was rarely ever there for the other guys'.

spyder_ur

Area 21: these Celtics guys are salty. When ray minutes were getting taken were they standing up for him? Didn't hear one of them said hey I stood up for you. I think ray felt like... fuck it! If I'm not good enough to play for this team I will play for someone who wants and understands what I can bring to a team. The way it was described is he was the reason the heat won the title. His leadership and the way took care of his body trickled down to everyone.

Where are you getting this about his minutes decreasing? Numbers don't back it up. I went to every playoff game those years and it wasn't a thing. It wasn't about minutes.

I don't blame Ray for leaving and think the Celts wouldnt have beaten the Heat with him. I also don't blame the guys for being a little pissed; they're competitive.

Perk was awesome and near silent rondo was great too.

Tom Penny

All I know is Ray helped the Celtics win a title. Then in the second Finals he broke the Three point record one game then proceeded to hit zero shots the next game costing them that title. He then made the three that extended the Heat Finals when Pop had a brain freeze and took out Duncan scared of a potential Bosh 3. That lead to a Bosh rebound and pass to Ray in the corner.

megalowho

If Perk says its on Ray to make amends, it's on Ray. He always keeps it real. Find all the "where's Ray??" from media/fans annoying when it's clearly a deeper rift that can't just be healed with a TV appearance reunion.

random25

Ray was always being baited for a trade. Then his minutes diminished. He may have wronged his teammates by not saying anything but it's not like the Celtics treated him better than the other big 3. At the end of the day, Ray left a franchise that wanted him out and joined a team where his final years will still be meaningful.

rambis

Banned
Ray was always being baited for a trade. Then his minutes diminished. He may have wronged his teammates by not saying anything but it's not like the Celtics treated him better than the other big 3. At the end of the day, Ray left a franchise that wanted him out and joined a team where his final years will still be meaningful.
Right, people forget this part. Ray was a HoFer and the defacto best shooter of all time at that point and being used as bait for scrubs. I don't think he owes them shit. If they reconcile they should let by-gones be by-gones.

Ray Allen's response from his facebook

C_Y-iCoXsAE8LWO.jpg:large

This is nasty lol. They did seem like they were open to dropping the feud.

VeeP

The salty ass old celtics are pathetic if they still can't get over Ray allen leaving for Miami.

I cannot tell if this was sarcasm or not. It's not really pathetic when someone who you play with for years and bond with leaves suddenly without telling you, because they think your not good enough.

I didn't even mind Ray leaving, but wow at that Insta diss. Dude seems like a prick.

spyder_ur

I cannot tell if this was sarcasm or not. It's not really pathetic when someone who you play with for years and bond with leaves suddenly without telling you, because they think your not good enough.

I didn't even mind Ray leaving, but wow at that Insta diss. Dude seems like a prick.

Maybe, but I mean they did just make a video where they get together to basically trash him.

Ray Allen's response from his facebook

C_Y-iCoXsAE8LWO.jpg:large

This is pretty stunning coming from Ray.

I understand the way everyone feels about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom