• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbooki

It's been 5~ years since Ray left, right? I understand the immediate feeling of betrayal and all that, but it's been five years. They went on National TV talking about "family" and being "grown," but it seems like they're going out of their way to make things complicated.

You wanna make good with Ray? Find a way to talk to him. Don't half-ass it then complain that things aren't how you want them to be. Commit to making things better or get over it.

Line_HTX

The worst thing about that Ray Bitch post is picking on Rondo specifically in that picture, most likely because in that Area 21 segment Rondo was the only one who didn't want to say anything. Pathetic, Ray. Very sad.

VeeP

^^^ I was thinking the same thing. Rondo was quite and pretty much didn't comment. And your gonna put him in your post? Geez.

Maybe, but I mean they did just make a video where they get together to basically trash him.

This is pretty stunning coming from Ray.

I understand the way everyone feels about the situation.

I watched the video. I didn't see it as trashing him :/. Dudes were legit upset that their brother left them. They played together for years, probably went thru shit together to. Fought on the court and probably off it. I would imagine they were all pretty close. This isn't like a simple co-worker or anything. This is a teammate they were with for years.

And Ray left without saying anything. And I think a lot of the guys would've respected him more if he just told them straight up. The guys even said it they got it from his point of view, with the whole minutes issue, etc. But when someone pulls that and you find out from someone else what happened, that shits gonna hurt.

I can understand why he left, but he should've handled it differently imo.

spyder_ur

Ray Allen made the right choice. Get over it. I'm going to hit up his restaurant this week. All these salty Celtic tears make for good seasoning.

I don't think anyone is particularly salty.

It's been 5~ years since Ray left, right? I understand the immediate feeling of betrayal and all that, but it's been five years. They went on National TV talking about "family" and being "grown," but it seems like they're going out of their way to make things complicated.

You wanna make good with Ray? Find a way to talk to him. Don't half-ass it then complain that things aren't how you want them to be. Commit to making things better or get over it.

Totally agree. They were a great team and achieved a ton - I don't get the bitterness though I'm guessing there's more to the story than we know.

The Celts as an organization have tried to bring him back into the fold, but the others can't seem to move on. I understand it as a competitor, but it seems like enough is enough.

I watched the video. I didn't see it as trashing him :/. Dudes were legit upset that their brother left them. They played together for years, probably went thru shit together to. Fought on the court and probably off it. I would imagine they were all pretty close. This isn't like a simple co-worker or anything. This is a teammate they were with for years.

And Ray left without saying anything. And I think a lot of the guys would've respected him more if he just told them straight up. The guys even said it they got it from his point of view, with the whole minutes issue, etc. But when someone pulls that and you find out from someone else what happened, that shits gonna hurt.

I can understand why he left, but he should've handled it differently imo.

Yup, those are good points. But I do think it's weird to get the gang back together and rather than celebrate their achievements, focus on this. It is what it is, though. I agree that Ray didn't handle it well at all, but I don't begrudge his choice.

The worst thing about that Ray Bitch post is picking on Rondo specifically in that picture, most likely because in that Area 21 segment Rondo was the only one who didn't want to say anything. Pathetic, Ray. Very sad.

It's probably because they hated each other even before he went to Miami.

You literally just said 'As good or better'.

L4TYWQn8rALRu.gif

spyder_ur

CLE and GS be coasting still, no problem.

Appears to be the case. I think the trilogy is a compelling storyline.

I also think if it looks like it's shaking out the same way next year, we will hear a bunch about it. People will get tired of it. Owners and players will start talking. But things can change fast.

Umbooki

Appears to be the case. I think the trilogy is a compelling storyline.

I also think if it looks like it's shaking out the same way next year, we will hear a bunch about it. People will get tired of it. Owners and players will start talking. But things can change fast.
I think it starts this year. If the Finals end in 5 games or a string of blowouts, people are gonna be salty as hell. 7 months of buildup for a beatdown devoid of tension or drama? As Barkley would say, Stern is rollin' over in his grave.

The 3rd movie of a trilogy generally isn't that good or compelling.

I am more worried about the inevitable bullshit number 4 the studio will inevitably shat out.

Neither Lebron or the Warriors super team is going anywhere for now. Only thing that may happen is more stars piling in on the Cavs to get a chance at a ring.

spyder_ur

I think it starts this year. If the Finals end in 5 games or a string of blowouts, people are gonna be salty as hell. 7 months of buildup for a beatdown devoid of tension or drama? As Barkley would say, Stern is rollin' over in his grave.

I think you're right. The wild card here is money - by all accounts the league, owners, and players are in a very strong financial position. So they won't see it as the problem fans and media might.

Still, players, coaches and especially owners are competitive people who don't like to lose. If they can't see a path to contention and winning, fatigue will set in and that will impact the league.

All that being said, things can turn quickly, so I don't want to overreact. The league is still in a really strong position, and the circumstances that led us here are somewhat unique: LeBron returning to his hometown who had 2 1st overall selections, the best regular season team in NBA history having the ability (because of the booming cap) to sign one of the best 5 players in the league.

Joei

I am more worried about the inevitable bullshit number 4 the studio will inevitably shat out.

Neither Lebron or the Warriors super team is going anywhere for now. Only thing that may happen is more stars piling in on the Cavs to get a chance at a ring.

Just curious, but contractually, how much longer can the Warriors stay together? I have to imagine Curry, Thompson and Green will be in line for big contracts soon. I guess they can go over the cap with their own players, but man, having four max players on a team... ugh

Just curious, but contractually, how much longer can the Warriors stay together? I have to imagine Curry, Thompson and Green will be in line for big contracts soon. I guess they can go over the cap with their own players, but man, having four max players on a team... ugh

With the way the cap is exploding they can stay together as long as their knees hold out. They will still not have much cap space for role players but considering how dominant this team will likely become, they will most likely have quality role players lining up to play for very little just to get a chance at a ring.

I have a suspicion that Durantula may shadow Lebron again and go back to OKC after a couple of years though. There is already talk of him making amends with Westbrook.

Fjordson

Curry will be re-signed this summer for the designated veteran max, so he isn't going anywhere. And GS has his bird rights. Durant will re-sign this summer also. The question becomes about Draymond and Klay, Not sure how GS will be able to fit them in, surely some team out there will give them a max if they're still decent.

Dray and Klay's current contracts are such a steal though. Dray the next three years is making $16 mill then $17.4 mill and then $18.5 mill. Klay for the next two years is making $17.8 mill and then $18.8 mill.

Servbot24

Banned
Curry will be re-signed this summer for the designated veteran max, so he isn't going anywhere. And GS has his bird rights. Durant will re-sign this summer also. The question becomes about Draymond and Klay, Not sure how GS will be able to fit them in, surely some team out there will give them a max if they're still decent.

Dray and Klay's current contracts are such a steal though. Dray the next three years is making $16 mill then $17.4 mill and then $18.5 mill. Klay for the next two years is making $17.8 mill and then $18.8 mill.

Once they're forced to split these players up I hope KD leaves so he can help build a program and maybe get a ring that way.

Gigglepoo

Has anyone really liked Ray Allen? Dude was traded twice in his prime and that's pretty rare unless he publicly demanded it (which I don't remember) or he was unliked.

Klay is locked in to his current contracted for another year, and Draymond is for another two years, so Golden State will be able to keep their core going for at least another year.

It's next summer that people are going to want to keep an eye out for. Golden State is kind of in that same situation that OKC was in circa 2012. You got 4 great players that make up your core, but not enough cap to max out all of them.

Tall4Life

Klay is locked in to his current contracted for another year, and Draymond is for another two years, so Golden State will be able to keep their core going for at least another year.

It's next summer that people are going to want to keep an eye out for. Golden State is kind of in that same situation that OKC was in circa 2012. You got 4 great players that make up your core, but not enough cap to max out all of them.
What's the situation with Curry? And isn't KD's contract up this year?

Marz

The crazy thing about this Celtics drama is they act like they were some kind of dynasty or something. They won one ring. Whoop-de-doo. All these other solo championship teams don't even have close to this level of childish drama.

Tall4Life

The crazy thing about this Celtics drama is they act like they were some kind of dynasty or something. They won one ring. Whoop-de-doo. All these other solo championship teams don't even have close to this level of childish drama.

They all said they'd be fine with making up to Ray, it's just that Ray has to initiate the contact. They don't hate him.

And they don't act like they were a dynasty. They act like they were extremely close brothers. More than half the time on the show they were talking about how close they all were and what the spirit of their culture was.

VeeP

Lol what? They don't act like they were a dynasty. They act like they were close and then they found out Ray wasn't on the team anymore. Dude didn't let them know up front. Dude never hit them up after that. He straight up ignored them. That's what it sounds like. Don't know where you getting this dynasty bullshit from.

FZZ

Banned
Ray Allen doesn't give a fuck

He wanted to be a Laker in the first place

I can see Ray going online and legit saying "Fuck The Celtics"

MikeRahl

Has anyone really liked Ray Allen? Dude was traded twice in his prime and that's pretty rare unless he publicly demanded it (which I don't remember) or he was unliked.

Don't really know the circumstances for the Bucks-Sonics trade, but the reason why he was traded to the Celtics was so the owner was justified in moving the team to OKC when it became a tire-fire.

Marz

Lol what? They don't act like they were a dynasty. They act like they were close and then they found out Ray wasn't on the team anymore. Dude didn't let them know up front. Dude never hit them up after that. He straight up ignored them. That's what it sounds like. Don't know where you getting this dynasty bullshit from.

Grown ass 40 year old men being little bitches is what it sounds like. Literally nobody outside of celtics fans gives a fuck.

Tom Penny

Ray and Rondo never got along even though Doc would constantly call triple screens for him to run around half the shot clock to get him shots.

VeeP

Grown ass 40 year old men being little bitches is what it sounds like. Literally nobody outside of celtics fans gives a fuck.

People messaged them what was up, why wasn't Ray there? They let people know. I don't understand how that's being like little bitches? If you don't give a fuck don't watch the show, don't follow it.

rambis

Banned
Ray is a punk bitch for putting Rondo on that pic. Rondo was the only guy who purposely did not say anything about the situation. Damn.. what a bitch.
I feel like he only caught clips of the conversation or the earlier parts. They were all kinda trolling about Ray at different times that night before they actually discussed the sitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom