• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the Mavs do it? How did they beat LeBron?

rap_80480.jpg

Dwane Casey. He was the defensive mastermind. We will trade our coach for draft pick if you want..please

Spurs decimated the man. It was embarassing how great they were. Thats the gameplan. Nag him defensively and run a 4 or 5 men offense.

Lol. Talking like somebody that didn't watched that series. LeBron was the only competitive player in that series, the rest of the heat couldn't score nor defend the spurs enough. I doubt that happens with the Cavs. Plus they needed the broken AC to do it.

El Topo

Dirk plus a bunch of veterans who had yet to win their first ring despite a great career. Except Lebron seems to have done that this time...

I meant how did the team actually manage to win, what did they do that gave us the infamous 4th quarter jokes? Or was it really just a one-off disappearance act by LBJ?

Dwane Casey. He was the defensive mastermind. We will trade our coach for draft pick if you want..please

He's great.

I meant how did the team actually manage to win, what did they do that gave us the infamous 4th quarter jokes? Or was it really just a one-off disappearance act by LBJ?

He's great.

LeBron back then didn't had a post game, and wasn't a great of a passer as he is today. So he just wasn't good enough then to overcome the defensive schemes of the mavs.

So what's the formula to beating LeBron anyway? I'm thinking the old Pacers team or Mavs team (not including the Warriors preDurant). I guess Spurs too? Basically someone who can at least slow him down defensively and then a 7ft center who isn't garbage?

Take away everyone else on the team and LeBron doesn't matter. Look at the Finals two years ago. LeBron was the best player on the floor by a country mile and the Cavs lost the series because no one else on the team showed up consistently. He averaged 35.8, 13.3, 8.8 with 1.3 steals. Yeah, they only had Kyrie for one game and Love for zero, but they lost the game Kyrie played in. Take away his options and force him to try to Superman his way to victory. He'll get huge numbers, but you need more than one guy. This, combined with forcing him to work on the defensive end (which he'll have to because everyone on the Warriors can play offense), and you're looking at exhaustion being a limiting factor in his ability to execute.

Lol. Talking like somebody that didn't watched that series. LeBron was the only competitive player in that series, the rest of the heat couldn't score nor defend the spurs enough. I doubt that happens with the Cavs. Plus they needed the broken AC to do it.

I wasnt implying Lebron didnt play well. Spurs decimated a Lebron team, that was the question of the user. Follow the conversation. No need of those tangent remarks.

FZZ

Banned
Take away everyone else on the team and LeBron doesn't matter. Look at the Finals two years ago. LeBron was the best player on the floor by a country mile and the Cavs lost the series because no one else on the team showed up consistently. He averaged 35.8, 13.3, 8.8 with 1.3 steals. Yeah, they only had Kyrie for one game and Love for zero, but they lost the game Kyrie played in. Take away his options and force him to try to Superman his way to victory. He'll get huge numbers, but you need more than one guy. This, combined with forcing him to work on the defensive end (which he'll have to because everyone on the Warriors can play offense), and you're looking at exhaustion being a limiting factor in his ability to execute.

That was Bron without his jump shot and he still willed it to a 6 game series

You can't stop Bron

You just slow him down, shut down his teammates, and execute potent offense

Tom Penny

Lebron is monster but he shot 40% from the field 30% from 3 and 70% from the FT line...he just happen to shoot 32 times a game...he wasn't efficient at all offensively. People roast YNB for that shit all the time...

random25

Lebron is monster but he shot 40% from the field 30% from 3 and 70% from the FT line...he just happen to shoot 32 times a game...he wasn't efficient at all offensively. People roast YNB for that shit all the time...

That's what happens when your 2nd best option is Dellavedova.

That's my point. LeBron can't beat you by himself, and that series he had no backup. He still managed nearly 9 assists per game, which is incredible when you're throwing the ball to JR Smith and Timofey Mozgov (the two leading scorers for that series who weren't James). You wear him down by forcing him to play defense and take away his help, he'll pretty much be forced into playing hero ball and he's really inefficient when he does that.

TTG

Without Nene Houston has no hope. Lee and Gasol are going to run wild on the boards all game.

TNT crew were lamenting the loss of Nene as well, bball analysis from the 90s. Gordon over Anderson in the starting line up makes Houston that much more dangerous because he can drive and move without the ball. They were getting wide open shots and layups all second half.

Hiding bigs is that much harder, maybe impossible 2 at a time now and Pop does not like to play Kawhi at the 4. This is a substantially improved starting 5 for the Rockets now.

PS: Lee is going to run wild... did I really just read that?

TTG

I don't know if Kyle Anderson is an nba player. Like, does he have a trait or skill, besides a giant forehead?

Kawhi better get it going, the Spurs won't survive a 12 point game from him.

This may be a stupid question but I'm curious. Why is the majority of the playoff schedule so far scheduled as playing a game in the series every other day but then in the Celtic's series they have 2 day breaks in between a couple of their games. I'm going to assume it's a TV thing but that just seems odd.

The Warriors Blazers schedule started that way, but it's a tv and/or arena scheduling thing.

Can't ask for much more than a halftime lead. If the Rockets are going to have any chance to win this series, we have to win tonight. Game 7's for us are catastrophes

TTG

Kawhi is playing piss poor. Keeps passing it away

Which he can't for shit. Lebron is studying tape to figure out if Korver likes to catch the ball at chest or waist level, meanwhile Patty is like Odell Beckham in the corner trying to catch these balls. You're better off taking that contested jump hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom