• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

For being the heart of the best talk show on tv now that Jon Stewart is off? That's one reason, but two emmies I guess since they had a previous clip.

C_b4Yp2UwAADeJB.jpg

C_b4YpwUMAE4O9b.jpg

C_b4Yp-VoAAMEHI.jpg

NO MEANS NO!!!

Are you alive there man? lol
Kill me

7 man rotation was way too short, for an overtime game. Dekker should've gotten spot minutes, harden was getting gassed around the end of the 4th quarter.

I always feel uncomfortable with hot starts from harden, 90% of the time him having a somewhat slower start but getting everyone else going better is better for the team. Unlike say, Nash, harden is more comfortable scoring when pop lets him score, but he tired himself out to behind with

Either Harrell gets minutes when Lee is out there, or Dekker gets minutes on the ryno at 5 lineups. Spot minutes, for the 2nd or 3rd quarter. But we need to balance our rotation a little more, 7 is too little

Dragun619

Damn man, If the Spurs lost, I'd probably would of just left everything and just go shoot some hoops or something. lol

Game was straight up adrenaline especially with OT just being terrible for everyone for the longest time. Then Danny & Ginobli came thru. Whew.

overcast

I think the rockets can take the next two but that OT was shameful by Harden. Frustrating to watch.

Warriors gonna clean up either way.

I'm not even sure what this rotation is supposed to do, like it's all over the place.
Ryno is our backup center but sometimes our power forward

That lineup when harden was resting in the 4th was bad, didn't like ryno and capela out together, maybe that's just my memory bullshitting though.

The telling sign was when the Spurs were looking gassed near the end and the rockets weren't running like crazy to take advantage

TTG

I was fine with it, Harden played acceptable minutes for a playoff OT game. Lebron would have been out there for 50, hell he was out there for 50 in an OT regular season game. 7 man rotation looks odd, and it would have been 8 with Nene available, but why give the Spurs another place to stash Aldridge by playing Dekker for significant minutes. And if you're only looking for like 5, I don't know what that's supposed to accomplish.

I think the rockets can take the next two but that OT was shameful by Harden. Frustrating to watch.

Warriors gonna clean up either way.

This. It seriously doesn't matter either way.

These playoffs have basically been the sports movie montage where the Cavs and the Warriors trash everyone on the way to their fated championship matchup against their hated rivals.

Can. Not. Wait.

TTG

One more thing on coaching tactics, I thought Pop was great. He went to Simmons early, started Patty(I don't know if Murray should have been on the bench ALL game, but he was right to not start him). And changing assignments to put Aldridge on Beverly at the end worked perfectly. Rockets came out looking to switch him on Harden and when that wasn't there they couldn't get anything working. Brilliant move, legit Pop's sicrit plays.

J2 Cool

Pop is a miracle worker. And Ginobli is amazing. Called him being the best possible replacement for Parker once he went down. Awesome to see his production up

This is something thats going to come as a shock to most people, but Pop doesn't rest players for the hell of it. He rest some players so the rest of the team knows what to do when someone goes down with an injury.

The team knows how to play without Leonard AND Parker. This should be common sense for hardcore NBA fans. If Harden isn't playing in a game, do you think the Rockets know how to play without him?

It's something a lot teams don't put as much effort into doing, developing their benches. I was watching an interview with Brett Brown not long ago where he spoke about how important it was during his time there (and obviously they still continue to do it) to develop the bench and give guys the playing time to play with each other show what they have so that when needed they can come in and do it.

spyder_ur

I'm still afraid they are going to push back the game tonight another day.

I think the days off were probably good for the Cs, given their recent play. Plus the fact they got some rest at the end of game 4. Stevens should have some adjustments.

I wonder who starts tonight. So weird to have this rotating 5th starter stuff this deep in the playoffs.

I believe he wanted pau to spread the floor for a patty mills ISO and drive to a possible foul/lay up/ kick out but Pau cluttered up the paint
I think that he wanted him to immediately rescreen. That or make a hard post near the dotted line. Instead, he kind of just stood there.

Looking at the video, Manu immediatly tells him that he should have screened to Patty (although the best play would be screening to LMA, cause he was with Beverley).

tyZuwmgl.jpg

He just goes and stands there. The fuck is he looking at the clock/board when there's .5 seconds left. Brain freeze.

Tom Penny

I can't wait to see Amir Smart and Jae get huge unproductive minutes while Jaylen and Rozier ride the pine. Bradley is due for one decent game in a series isn't he??

Line_HTX

This team is too good to not push it to 7. Seriously disgraceful that it was there for the taking and they didn't do it. Harden spaghetti'd the most, but Anderson, Gordon, and everyone else started derping and spaghetti'd also. They better force Game 7 or riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom