• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the life of a Houston sports fan nothing but suffering? (Aside from those two titles in the 90's)

Then again Denver's sports teams all been pretty shoddy as of late, minus SB50.

Is the life of a Houston sports fan nothing but suffering? (Aside from those two titles in the 90's)

Then again Denver's sports teams all been pretty shoddy as of late, minus SB50.
Houston sports history in a nutshell: think your team is great? Your team is trash. National joke that makes local fans uneasy? Become a contender!

Some examples:

1986 Rockets: no way three peat lakers-celtics gets stopped, until we go to the finals with a super young hakeem and Sampson after beating magic and Kareem on the craziest game winner ever

1993 Oilers: in the Superbowl, great team? Choke as hard as possible.

1994 Rockets: hahahaha, no way they get past the number 1 seed mortal bane, the supersonics (BOOM DIKEMBE TO THE RESCUE)

1995 Rockets: 47 wins, 6th seed, aging stars, down 3-1, face all the best records in the league, then boom championship

2013 Rockets: Most likely to tank team, then boom harden trade, but harden and Lin aren't stars, then boom harden is a star.

2014 Rockets: with dwight and a more conventional team win 55, have expectations, lose in a nightmare series to blazers. Harden not yet leader, is doubted all season long.

2015: Dwight injured? A bunch of other injuries? Jason Terry, Josh Smith, and Corey Brewer your key pick-ups from the trade deadline? No bosh? Down 3-1 after humiliating losses to the clippers? Boom 56 wins, 2nd in mvp voting harden, wcf

2016: never happened

2017: "they'll be entertaining...", NO we will. E the 3rd/4th best team in the league!

2015 astros: worst team to great out of nowhere

2016: expectations, terrible season

2017: tempered fans now, great season so far

That's why the Texans suffer. The key is that the nation and parts of Houston need to give up on the team, but nope houstonians in general rarely think the Texans will be crap

My take on it at least

This is somehow making me feel worse than that clippers series was

Man, I feel for you. Honestly. It's not over yet because the spurs LOVE choking away 20 pt leads but if this continues and this is how you guys go out...

The only thing that annoyed the fck out of me was all my rocket fans friends were saying "LOL WON BY 3 in OT AND KAWHI IS DONE SPURS ARE DONE"

No respect. And seeing that poster here after every game with that "james harden with the range nigga way back" bla bla bla.

Anyway, keep this up spurs. Did not expect this whatsoever.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Elimination game and down 20... I'm not sure if this game says more about Leonard/Spurs or Harden.

Line_HTX

This is almost as bad as that 40 point loss to the mavericks back when Tmac played.

Depressing.

I got super fucking angry at that game only because it set a record for worst Game 7 loss. I hope to God that record got replaced by somebody else.

Harden can't get us out of the 2nd round, but at least he can get us out of the first round, unlike our last star T-Mac

2015 West Finals??? Granted that was the start of Clippers melting, but still counts.

I know Jalen Rose didn't just say that the Rockets need to get Harden out of that sunken place.

Jalen seriously said that? Is he the missing jazz player with the fedora hat?

XD

I said last year that the league would legislate out Harden's ability to generate points and that's why he's not great. I think we're seeing the start of that now where he can't buy a bucket because the refs are respecting the Spurs defensive changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom