• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaza gave this to Klay during practice today:

Effin' hilarious lol.

Also, Kerr was at practice today. Hope that means he is one step closer to a return.

Man Zaza getting a ring will be the only consolidation for this crappy post season.

Well that and Shaq not being able to go "Ringz Javele" in the future.

KingBroly

Banned
Part of me feels like the Wizards are going to pull the upset tomorrow.

And the Spurs will upset the Warriors because Durant is cursed.

TTG

12:30 start, what the fuck? It's the only game on schedule, you couldn't do it at normal hours? Klay is probably asleep till 1pm ordinarily.

Kings did that trade with the 76ers so they could sign Koufus, Rondo, Bellineli, and other dudes they signed that offseason. It was a logical gamble since they had a talented team that season on paper but it just didn't work, partly because of all the other turmoil surrounding the franchise and personalities that didnt mesh.

And while it was a good deal for the Sixers, I do feel like some people are overrating how Hinkie's moves have contributed to their success. It's 2017 and they're still a lottery team. Granted, they have Simmons and Embiid but this "based Hinkie" line of thought is kind of unwarranted.

TTG

Throwback to the last GSW Spurs game 1.

- Curry looking even more like a child
- Bogut Ezeli twin towers
- Matt Bonner putting his hands over his head in awe of that 22pt 3rd quarter by Steph.
- Ginobili has hair and a brick over Draymond for a game winning OT shot, but it doesn't matter in the end cause apparently Mark Jackson built that defensive culture without ever coaching sidelines out of bounds defense.
and the moment is never too big for Ginobili, what else is new?

Part of me feels like the Wizards are going to pull the upset tomorrow.

And the Spurs will upset the Warriors because Durant is cursed.

By who?

12:30 start, what the fuck? It's the only game on schedule, you couldn't do it at normal hours? Klay is probably asleep till 1pm ordinarily.

I know.... I originally thought it would be a Monday game...
Sunday should start at atleast 3:30pm. Warriors play better later in the day.

Lime

By who?

I know.... I originally thought it would be a Monday game...
Sunday should start at atleast 3:30pm. Warriors play better later in the day.

maxresdefault.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
Rooting for GSW even though I live in Texas

Just don't wanna deal with a whole summer of talking about them choking again tbh, if GSW won last year I'd be going for the Spurs

Happy mothers day! Today is game day! Spurs vs. Warriors. The big match up is about to begin. The Warriors are the best team right now and it looks like they can sweep the Spurs this series. The Spurs lost Parker for the remainder of the playoffs and Kawaii sprained his ankle. If Kawaii is not healthy enough to effectively play against the Warriors, then this will be bad for the Spurs. Even though we don't have home court, I like our chances to steal game 1 or 2 against the Warriors. I hope Johnathan Simmons and Dejounte Murray have good games for us along with everyone else. I'm a San Antonio fan and I'm picking the Spurs to win. Go Spurs Go!

Line_HTX

Well, there's no Duncan and Parker, so I guess I can roll with this team. Fuck KD's signing and fuck Golden State. Super teams need to not win period.

Main thing that hurts Spurs imo is that lma probably gets shut down by Draymond... Same with most of the other spurs bigs. Only Spur big I can see having a chance is Pau, and Pau would get exposed on defense

h1nch

Spurs' best hope to steal a game is to keep it real close going down to the wire, which will give Pop a chance to win by outcoaching Mike Brown in the last 2 mins.

It's weird seeing so many people rooting against GSW or even Cleveland. GSW won their first championship in 40yrs. Cleveland won their first chip EVER. But reading a lot of comments across various media, you'd think they've been taking turns winning chips for the past decade. It's even more ironic when people would rather see teams like the Celtics and Spurs win instead. The former having more chips than any team in history, and the latter being perennial contenders and 5x champs for the past 2 decades.

/end rant

It's weird seeing so many people rooting against GSW or even Cleveland. GSW won their first championship in 40yrs. Cleveland won their first chip EVER. But reading a lot of comments across various media, you'd think they've been taking turns winning chips for the past decade. It's even more ironic when people would rather see teams like the Celtics and Spurs win instead. The former having more chips than any team in history, and the latter being perennial contenders and 5x champs for the past 2 decades.

/end rant

Can't speak for Boston but people in my circle who's teams have been knocked out have players on the cavs and the warriors that they cannot stand at all.

Can't speak for Boston but people in my circle who's teams have been knocked out have players on the cavs and the warriors that they cannot stand at all.
And that's understandable to me. Plenty of people root against specific players and not necessarily teams. What gets me is when people say something like, "Any team besides Cavs or Warriors again. We need a new champion ... like the Spurs!" Makes me wonder if some of these people only started watching NBA 2 years ago.

Umbooki

If y'all really wanna root for an underdog, share your energy with John Wall and his Wizards. He used to be the 'fat' point guard without a jumper. 😢

ViciousDS

Banned
Damn

Anyone see that clock error for the wizards game? The celtics should have had one more second than what was given to them after that foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom