• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

"Dont come to my city wearing all-black talking about it's a funeral" -John Wall

crdz97p.gif

Absolute perfection.

John Wall needs to shut the Celtics up once and for all!

Mrbob

i got a mix feelings about that gif and the whole funeral talk because of this

really makes me feel uneasy because i feel for him but he did kind of have it coming
Maybe it's his way of grieving still but I was shocked to learn wearing all black outfits had been his idea. Especially after all he has gone through. He is opening himself to criticism now.

TTG

Having just watched the last 5 minutes, wow I sure wish Mike Brown was going up against Scott Brooks and not Popovich.

Chase17

I didn't watch today's game

Idc if there was a buzzer beater

We need to get along to the finals, seeing this drag out to 7 game series got me feeling some type of way

At least tuesday is gonna be lit, Lakers gonna get that pick
Finals game 1 is a fixed date. This series going 7 doesn't push it back.

Sanjuro

I believe Wall and IT should be suspended for Game 7 for this funeral smack talk.

Time for Amir to shine on the grandest stage!

obeast

Having just watched the last 5 minutes, wow I sure wish Mike Brown was going up against Scott Brooks and not Popovich.

I may be proven wrong, but there's a limit to what coaching can do and the talent disparity between GS and SA is so, so big, especially since Kawhi is apparently hurt.

I would not be surprised if GS sweeps them. I would be shocked if it's closer than 4-1.

Warriors and Cavs didn't make it out the first round on my current 2k playoff run, so maybe that's a sign they'll lose a game before the finals.

Please lose a game

I find it really off-putting that IT would engage in this given the passing of his sister being like...2 weeks ago. Idunno. All seems so tasteless.

That was my thought as well. I'm surprised someone didn't make the inappropriate joke to IT at his expense... Maybe if the next game is a Wiz blowout of the Celtics.

The Warriors could sweep the Spurs, and it still wouldn't make the series a cruise. All the games could be close.

The idea of any team, no matter how talented, "cruising" past a Popovich-led Spurs seems a bit too hopeful, imo. They are a tough out.

I also think Celtics/Wiz have a shot of staying competitive with the Cavs. Even though the Pacers got swept, they were in a lot of those games up until the end.

Sanjuro

I find it really off-putting that IT would engage in this given the passing of his sister being like...2 weeks ago. Idunno. All seems so tasteless.

I don't see the problem to be honest. The whole concept is absurd to begin with and it's something for the media to eat up that doesn't involve players wanting to murder one another.

Do any of you think there's any truth to the ideas being thrown around that Harden (or Harden and others in the Rockets organization) threw yesterday's game? For whatever reason (knowing they just wouldn't make it past the Warriors and didn't see the point in going farther, etc)?

I was watching some lowlights from the game and I can't believe what I was watching
tenor.gif

Vegeta would be disgusted.

If it weren't for the Magic, the Kings would legit be the worst run team in the league

I still remember the war room where Vivek chose Stauskas.

They were worried the Celtics were going to take him, in hindsight LOL

Getting rid of King, they're making good decisions now.

They will be the worst team for at least a few more years but the next 2 drafts are going to be painful to watch

DJwest

The Warriors could sweep the Spurs, and it still wouldn't make the series a cruise. All the games could be close.
If all the games are going to be close, is it not more realistic to expect a longer series than only 5 games? Anyway, let's see, but I'm rooting for the Spurs.

Cipherr

Damn a cavs player broke his hand in practice?

Its just not happening this year... These end of season injuries man. Its gonna take its toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom