• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I watch these two chuckers I can't believe these are the two so called MVP candidates.

Why don't they just drive and kick or drive and get to the line?

Slizeezyc

Every time I watch these two chuckers I can't believe these are the two so called MVP candidates.

Why don't they just drive and kick or drive and get to the line?

Those two so-called MVP candidates are having two of the greatest offensive seasons of all time, so ehhhhh, maybe stop holding onto whatever old biases you have?

Those two so-called MVP candidates are having two of the greatest offensive seasons of all time, so ehhhhh, maybe stop holding onto whatever old biases you have?

No biasness at all. Just my opinion really. Are they actually efficient though? Also it's easy to have a "great offensive season" when you are handling the ball 80% of the time.

No hate just what I see. Don't mean any disrespect to any team. I'm a spurs fan and fuck I don't even think highly of my team outside of Leonard either so.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No biasness at all. Just my opinion really. Are they actually efficient though? Also it's easy to have a "great offensive season" when you are handling the ball 80% of the time.

No hate just what I see. Don't mean any disrespect to any team. I'm a spurs fan and fuck I don't even think highly of my team outside of Leonard either so.

Harden is ridiculously efficient. Westbrook less so but still really efficient. Both have issues with turnovers.

I'd like to think so, but they're not dominating like they should be. Portland should get blown the fuck out in at least a couple of these games.
Lillard and McCollum played out of their minds, and they still lost by double digits. Spurs have no offense, Rockets have no defense, Clippers are perpetual losers, and the Jazz don't have much experience. Even when they play poorly, they still manage to play well enough to win games. I just don't see anyone in the West who can feasibly challenge them for a seven game series. Wish someone could just for the sake of the thrill, but GS is just on another level.

Bread

Banned

uhhh yes lol

Slizeezyc

In some respects, efficiency is a hard thing to quantify within the context of usage. That being said, Harden had a TS% north of 60 percent and Russ' was a very solid 55%. Harden has sort of a gross TO%, but again, you live with it. Russ' is a little high as well, but it's reasonable within the context of usage.

In short, yes, they've been efficient, albeit Harden more than Westbrook.

Also you have to be able to handle the ball 80 percent of the time and be able to actually do quality things with that usage; it's not really a negative to say "yeah but he has the ball all the time" if when they have the ball they're the most dangerous player on the floor.

Nene gunna be a big factor

7ffc63659592d115b5d0f6b626f58d74.jpg

Nene is minutes restricted to around 25 max, but without back to backs, well, Nene with rest is a monster.

Even as a Rockets fan I don't see that happening. I actually think we can beat the Spurs though.

I think peak production Rockets gives us a shot. It's a case of "can we win by 1 point 4 times and lose by 20-40 3 times?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom