• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ said they had cleared it up this year, but Bev. is gonna try to piss him off as much as possible.

You could see, after the foul, Westbrook was seriously making sure to not get ticked off by it. So much fun to watch

I played against a guy like Beverly before. Dude pestered the living shit out of me on every inch of the court. Legit amazing defense, not fouling or anything, but total lockdown. It's frustrating as hell and hard to keep your composure when that's going on. Like borderline fouls, lots of little grabs off screens, and a body resting against you for 40+ minutes.

TTG

I really want to fast forward to catch up to you guys.

Especially considering he has already airballed 2 and is 0-3 from the line. His shot is way off tonight so he needs to only go in for layups

This is typical Harden though. I've never seen a player put up more 1-8 from 3 box scores, it's what he does.

HOLY SHIT CAPELA

I played against a guy like Beverly before. Dude pestered the living shit out of me on every inch of the court. Legit amazing defense, not fouling or anything, but total lockdown. It's frustrating as hell and hard to keep your composure when that's going on. Like borderline fouls, lots of little grabs off screens, and a body resting against you for 40+ minutes.

https://streamable.com/330z

That was from the 2nd OKC-HOU game this year. At the end, the way Beverley goes to the side to avoid the foul. So damn smart.

Beverley has gone from scrappy defender, slightly dirty, to becoming better, more fundamental about it, and then last year he improved his offense, became a great shooter (went back on defense a little though). This year though, he plays so smart, and with so much hustle.

kobe-over-battier-o.gif

Shane Battier was such a good example of smart defense. He's trying to block Kobe's eyesight, and more importantly, he plays defense with his feet. Once I started to notice it, I couldn't stop watching, but good defense starts with footwork, not just putting your arms out there.

Bev is also amazing at guessing where the long rebounds are going to go to for offensive rebounds.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
anyone want to help a brother out, i'm signed up for directv but its not installed yet and my "trial" for watching online expired as its only 21 days long. (long story, but the original installer cancelled my order because i didnt have all my tvs)

would love to watch the rockets right now.

Let's be fair to Harden and Roberson. Roberson and Paul George have been the two best Harden defenders that I;ve seen this year

anyone want to help a brother out, i'm signed up for directv but its not installed yet and my "trial" for watching online expired as its only 21 days long. (long story, but the original installer cancelled my order because i didnt have all my tvs)

would love to watch the rockets right now.

I got you

LionPride

Banned
That's how I play, lol. It's great. Pissing people off is just so fun

That's how I play, lol. It's great. Pissing people off is just so fun

I try to do that, because I'm shit on offense, but thinking back, I likely foul too much. I use my arms too much, that's how players get baited into fouling. Also don't have enough endurance to keep it up for too long, shit is exhausting.

Being that sort of "scrappy defender" while still playing smart, team, fundamental defense is HARD. A player just being scrappy isn't always a good thing.

One of Bev's nicknames is Mr. 94 Feet, because he plays defense along the entire court.

Westbrook is on track for a triple double

If he tries it.

Well, I think this sums it up well, I saw an article saying that Westbrook will absolutely try to average a triple double, and Beverley is absolutely gonna take that as a personal affront and try that much harder to stop him XD

The guy that's 4-15 FGAs with 5 TOs by half or the one with 18 points on 20FGA?

I don't think, as much as people want to see it, that this series is going to make either player look too good. Two of their better defenders are on the other team.

It's gonna make it really tough to guess whether it's just the player playing bad or the the defender playing well. That being said, 4-15 is eehhhh....

Kanter vs Houston's bench guards is such a bad match-up for OKC. Add Ryno being good at taking one of Adams or Gibson away from the rim, and all those 3s leading to long rebounds (limiting the effectiveness of their bigs), and I like what I'm seeing so far.

Scariest thing so far is Roberson seemingly resurrecting last year's playoff Roberson and nailing shots

LionPride

Banned
I try to do that, because I'm shit on offense, but thinking back, I likely foul too much. I use my arms too much, that's how players get baited into fouling. Also don't have enough endurance to keep it up for too long, shit is exhausting.

Being that sort of "scrappy defender" while still playing smart, team, fundamental defense is HARD. A player just being scrappy isn't always a good thing.
I am the general defensively when I play, calling out screens, picking up the best scorer, making steals and blocking people. There's this adrenaline I feel when I play Defense that I only ever got from playing Rugby that makes me not get tired especially if I'm actually in good shape. As in able to run up and down the floor for 20-40 minutes, lol.

I'm a pest, but I'm a smart and good pest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom