• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah I still think Rockets only team in west that have a chance to beat Warriors

just a chance tho

I would laugh so much if we actually just went full D'Antoni/Morey, shooting 50 3s a game, and alternating between making 25 or 5 of them every game, and somehow we win 4.

So yeah I still think Rockets only team in west that have a chance to beat Warriors

just a chance tho
Uh, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Glad TNT was broadcasting the game, cause I really didn't feel like hearing our local crew. Reggie wasn't as annoying as he usually is.

Anyways, just finished the game.
fn60Qxf.gif

FZZ

Banned
what are you smoking? Rocket's defense is terrible, the only team with a legit chance is the Spurs.

I think this has a legitimate chance of happening
|
|
v
I would laugh so much if we actually just went full D'Antoni/Morey, shooting 50 3s a game, and alternating between making 25 or 5 of them every game, and somehow we win 4.

Rockets were ass from the 3 tonight, imagine if they're hot

they just need 4 games of being hot

what are you smoking? Rocket's defense is terrible, the only team with a legit chance is the Spurs.

I think Spurs are less likely to get swept, and they're less likely to get blown out, but I'm not sure they're more likely to win, if that makes sense

Also, keep up, Rockets defense isn't really trash this year, a little above average tbh

Harden dancing on Kanter

Capela's And-1

Harden adds insult to injury in the 4th quarter

Adams murders Beverley with a screen

Beverley responding like a madman

The reference for the above pic:

Russel Westbrook said:
Westbrook on off-court relationships: "Once you get on the floor, you got one friend, and that friend is Spalding, or maybe it was Wilson, or maybe it was some other shit... Whatever the ball is, that's who my friend is"

TTG

Donovan mouthing "can't play Kanter"

The Rockets bench vs the Thunder bench match-up becomes that much worse when you consider that the players that typically play for the Rockets bench are the exact type that can expose Kanter again and again and again

Rockets pick and roll is what it's going to be most trips down the floor for them, you may as well shop Pringles' face into this clip.

I wonder how the Spurs guard it, we'll see.

Rockets pick and roll is what it's going to be most trips down the floor for them, you may as well shop Pringles' face into this clip.

I wonder how the Spurs guard it, we'll see.

Hopefully the Rockets manage to do a really good job of exposing any lineup with Tony + Pau. In the Rockets-Spurs games, you could see Houston trying to do something similar on Pau. I think the Spurs starting center, Dewayne Dedmon, won't be as easily exposed, but making Pau a liability when he comes off the bench would be huge

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hopefully the Rockets manage to do a really good job of exposing any lineup with Tony + Pau. In the Rockets-Spurs games, you could see Houston trying to do something similar on Pau. I think the Spurs starting center, Dewayne Dedmon, won't be as easily exposed, but making Pau a liability when he comes off the bench would be huge
Assuming we get to a SA/HOU match up, I'm really excited to watch that series. Pop trying to slow down that team and wether he has the pieces to be successful will be interesting. This Spurs roster is not GS and limiting that offense takes a special type of team heavily talented and equiped for switching.

AfraidBarrenAnole-size_restricted.gif

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Almost deserves a super saiyan version, tbh

Assuming we get to a SA/HOU match up, I'm really excited to watch that series. Pop trying to slow down that team and wether he has the pieces to be successful will be interesting. This Spurs roster is not GS and limiting that offense takes a special type of team heavily talented and equiped for switching.

Harden so often playing well against the Spurs and Kawhi so often doing a great job of playing defense on him and both team's offense-focused benches and another MDA vs Pop series would make that series really great.

Based off of all four games this year, a Rockets vs Spurs series is going to end up killing all of Texas... all of our games are always crazy close.

Hell, I think with all 3 Texas franchises, even if one of them is playing like shit that year, they always show up against one another. Rockets vs Spurs on Christmas last year was one of the few highlights from last year, and the Mavs have had surprisingly competitive games against both teams.

EDIT : That Patrick Beverley gif...

alien3_iconic-shot_001_1200354871.jpg

TTG

I appreciate the playoffs slowing down starting tomorrow, but did you have to go Cavs/Pacers and Spurs/Grizz? Can't you send the Bucks out there or the Clips?

Utah, Chicago, and the Bucks all won on the road. Is anyone among them taking game 2 as well?
I doubt any will, but I can see at least one of them possibly winning in 5 due to playing vs mental midget type of teams.

That Bev gif needs a SSJ transformation stat lol

Draymond and Beverly, two clowns who I would love to see playing for Orlando.

Bulls won and no one is surprised..
perfect example of players everyone hates but would love them on their team :S

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Millsap on the 1st game...

"The difference in the game was we were playing basketball and they were playing MMA," Millsap told reporters, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They were physical. When the game is like that, we have to match their physicality. But again, we've got to go get some moves and bring them back to the court."

Tom Penny

I'm laughing at all the fools who said celtics in 4.....that shit was never going to happen with jimmy butler on the team.
Well they lost because of 65/44 rebounding. Not sure how you can expect to win. Over and over the Bulls bricked shots then got a layup or tip in.

Vanillalite

Wall went off on the Hawks, and we still had a chance to win. If the Hawks didn't have 20 turnovers we probably win that game. Not like we didn't score enough. We lost by 6 on the road with 20 turnovers and Wall scoring 32.

Needed that game, but it oddly gives me hope for the series. Turn it over 10 times vs 20, and we probably win that game.

Vanillalite

Well they lost because of 65/44 rebounding. Not sure how you can expect to win. Over and over the Bulls bricked shots then got a layup or tip in.

Horford can't rebound if his life depended on it. That's the reason he's in Boston. Atlanta didn't want him cause he get abused in the playoffs in back to back years against the Cavs cause Thompson got like every rebound over him.

Line_HTX

Damnit, if I could've afforded court-side seats I would've sat near J.J. Watt last night.

:T

920x920.jpg

LOL at Clyde Drexler and Matt Bullard.

Tom Penny

Horford can't rebound if his life depended on it. That's the reason he's in Boston. Atlanta didn't want him cause he get abused in the playoffs in back to back years against the Cavs cause Thompson got like every rebound over him.
Al actually randomly played great so expect him to be invisible next game.

Ripenen

Quite a juxtaposition watching Portland vs. GSW and then a few hours later watching OKC vs. Houston.

In the first game there was amazing play on both sides. The second game was just ugly.

Line_HTX

I think there will be at least one game where they'll go very cold from the 3. Can't sleep on OKC anyway, they're still a very good team.

Wall went off on the Hawks, and we still had a chance to win. If the Hawks didn't have 20 turnovers we probably win that game. Not like we didn't score enough. We lost by 6 on the road with 20 turnovers and Wall scoring 32.

Needed that game, but it oddly gives me hope for the series. Turn it over 10 times vs 20, and we probably win that game.

I think the worst and best thing the Hawks can take away from that is that they were close despite Hardaway (just glancing at the box score) playing like shit.

Hardaway is the X factor on that team, barring a crazy Dwight or Schroder night

I think there will be at least one game where they'll go very cold from the 3. Can't sleep on OKC anyway, they're still a very good team.

OKC had such a bad plan. Run the Rockets off the 3 pt line, let them score inside. No, we are not a 3 pt shooting team if those layups are gonna be available.

If they want a cold Rockets game from the 3 to help them pull off wins, they shouldn't be giving up easy layups to avoid the Rockets even shooting the 3 to begin with. You can't live with the Rockets just shooting from outside, but a cold night means you can feast and missed shots are more likely to end up in transition or early offense set ups for the Thunder (something that the Thunder seriously rely on)

The dumbest part? This was totally different from all the Thunder - Rockets games this season

Also, Gibson needed to be playing more than 21 minutes, as a power forward that can protect the rim somewhat and actually switch onto Harden and not get totally cooked.

Al's best game as a Celtic, imo. He was aggressive on offense and really controlling the game. If only we just had one rebounder to put next to him...

Speaking of Taj Gibson...

NBA.com said:
The Oklahoma City Thunder got some help for Russell Westbrook by acquiring forwards Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott from Chicago just before the NBA trade deadline.

The Thunder announced the deal Thursday night.

The Bulls also sent a 2018 second-round pick to the Thunder. Oklahoma City sent Cameron Payne, Joffrey Lauvergne and Anthony Morrow to Chicago.

Celtics couldn't top that?

Quite a juxtaposition watching Portland vs. GSW and then a few hours later watching OKC vs. Houston.

In the first game there was amazing play on both sides. The second game was just ugly.

Count your many blessings you didn't watch the Celtics and Bulls game because that shit was shit beyond imagination.

Line_HTX

OKC had such a bad plan. Run the Rockets off the 3 pt line, let them score inside. No, we are not a 3 pt shooting team if those layups are gonna be available.

If they want a cold Rockets game from the 3 to help them pull off wins, they shouldn't be giving up easy layups to avoid the Rockets even shooting the 3 to begin with. You can't live with the Rockets just shooting from outside, but a cold night means you can feast and missed shots are more likely to end up in transition or early offense set ups for the Thunder (something that the Thunder seriously rely on)

The dumbest part? This was totally different from all the Thunder - Rockets games this season

Also, Gibson needed to be playing more than 21 minutes, as a power forward that can protect the rim somewhat and actually switch onto Harden and not get totally cooked.

It seemed like they just stayed on the perimeter the majority of the time and never bothered to have somebody in or near the paint. Every single Rockets layup was on an empty paint when they bursted through. Those paint points were too easy, to be honest.

After I left Toyota Center, I heard the radio call when Harden turned Enes Kanter around and Ackerman went full JR. "Harden, please don't do that. Kanter has family!"

XD

Tom Penny

I think the worst and best thing the Hawks can take away from that is that they were close despite Hardaway (just glancing at the box score) playing like shit.

Hardaway is the X factor on that team, barring a crazy Dwight or Schroder night

Speaking of Taj Gibson...

Celtics couldn't top that?
Only big I wanted was Noel. Ainge decided to concede the season for cap space.

Had missed that amazing screen Adams set on Beverly last night. I hope Adams keeps doing that to Beverly over and over again. One screen like that for every day Westbrook had to miss because Beverly thought playing hard meant 'throw yourself at Westbrook's knee as he's calling a time out'

Tom Penny

This. But it still begs the question, why get Horford if you're just gonna concede the season? He must have had something else planned.
Signing AL has nothing to do with making sure they they have most cap space possible going into next season. They couldn't acquire any elite players so he chose cap space over non game changing players sucking up cap space next year. End game is going to be catching the Cavs and GS for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom